• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Butz_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
CEMU 1.3.0 conclusion:

- It gave me higher average fps in general. I was able to achieved near max fps (20 fps) in Grand Prix mode; I can easily reach 19-20 fps in many instances in this new build, therefore the gameplay was much a smoother experience compared to 1.2.0

- I encountered a strange issue with Windows 7 64-bit edition. I've lost about 10 fps by default for an unknown reason. This happens with or without Hyper Threading turned on. However, I was able to resolve this issue by opening Google Chrome browser and let it idle the background. Disabling Hyper Threading in the motherboard BIOS and opened Google Chrome browser to let it idle in the background, this action trigger the emulator to use more CPU resources. In conclusion, Windows 7 64-bit version produced the highest fps recorded in Sweet Sweet Canyon solo time trial my testing with Mario Kart 8. I recorded up-to 44 fps driving through the tunnel.

I'd like to note that in Win 7 x64, the emulator used up more memory footprint 1.5GB of memory vs. 970MB in Windows 10 64-bit.

That's what I tried to explain in a previous post :D. At least you're confirming that it works just like it works for me :D

Edit: I'm using Windows 10 64-bits

Last edited by Butz_san,

tuanming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. This is definitely a strange issue. I do know that Windows 8 and 10 are better optimized for multi-core CPUs and both are more memory efficient. Though this is just my gut feeling but I have a feeling that OpenGL and Windows 7 don't play nicely together. Opening a blank internet browser page, and let it sit idling doesn't do much for any program in my opinion...that's what puzzled me lol. However, this action does the trick to bring the emulator back to full speed. HOW STRANGE!

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
You can make extra copies of the level to avoid losing it, but the only way to save your own levels currently is by making them starting from a loaded one. Use the erasing rubber. :)

And I believe it only really loads course000 unless someone gives us a course001 extracted from Wii U.

I can create a pack of empty levels for you, just give me some time because I'm busy right now.

Bahax FZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And here my new custom level. :):evil:

maker2.jpg

Attachments

• Custom Level 2 (Mario Maker EUR) by Bahax.rar
    4.5 KB · Views: 173

Griduser64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot! Was looking for a tutorial all over YT...

I just tested and that doesn't really do anything except increasing the FPS number and messing up the sound. It's the same speed after all

Can confirm this, just the FPS number itself changes but not actual fps of MK8, is this a glitch, can someone please help? With speed hack on .2 the FPS number jumps from 13 fps to 40 which should look almost smooth but definitely playable lol, yet as mentioned the actual fps looks like 13 even though it says 40. I really hope it's a glitch cause MK8 emulated at even 30 fps is very big news!

Last edited by Griduser64,

Nemesis960502

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can confirm this, just the FPS number itself changes but not actual fps of MK8, is this a glitch, can someone please help? With speed hack on .2 the FPS number jumps from 13 fps to 40 which should look almost smooth but definitely playable lol, yet as mentioned the actual fps looks like 13 even though it says 40. I really hope it's a glitch cause MK8 emulated at even 30 fps is very big news!
MK8 runs nearly at 30FPS with an i7 4770K

Reactions: Subtle Demise

trihy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks for the link.

MK8 works at 15 to 17fps on grand prix with an i3 i5 or i7.

A few levels of trial mode goes to 30 and sometimes a little more.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI