Country
United States
You cant see some coins.
But its playable.
Try using CE and speed it up to 2x times. Its even faster

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LOL Try speeding NSMBU in CE to 1.6x
You`ll be surprised

Thanks but I will skip it for a much improvement emulator in the future. I asked because I am curious. Much appreciated. :)

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pikmin 3 improved the graphics a lot
pikmin%203_zpsabc8xuum.png

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no clue how did others doesn't have the same problem as I have.
My Specs also works on other versions of Cemu. Even Citra and Xenia.

Tried SM3DW USA, and it loads. Get 20-30 fps, however, after world 1-1, cemu crashes.

How do you use the cheat engine?
There's a tutorial on Youtube. But most of the videos are for Roblocks. But it still works in other programs.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no clue how did others doesn't have the same problem as I have.
My Specs also works on other versions of Cemu. Even Citra and Xenia.

There's a tutorial on Youtube. But most of the videos are for Roblocks. But it still works in other programs.
ah yes poor xenia no updates in forever it's a bit sad really

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the youtube vid I watched says that Cheat Engine can cause sound issues and make your computer crash, so maybe I will just be patient and wait for improvements in CEMU.

srdjan andric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that Cemu again shows only black screen on AMD GPU's with these latest 16.3 drivers. Well, atleast for me. Tried both 1.3.2 and 1.3.3, and none of them shows video, only audio is hearable. Anyone has the same issue, or is it just me?

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Exzap is there anyway that you could add a "Compatibility" section to the homepage of your website with a chart linked to a user-editable wiki? (See Dolphin homepage for reference)
I know that right now this is experimental and nothing will work as expected, but it will be REALLY satisfying to watch the percentages move from "Boots" and "In-game" to "Playable" and "Perfect" over the next few years :)
I want to keep my focus on development as much as possible and a compatibility list is something that can be done by the community without my help. I do like the idea and if someone started a proper compatibility list that can be edited by anyone (e.g. a wiki or via google docs) I would put a link on the cemu website.

@Exzap, I don't know if you are aware off, but on AMD GPU's some effects are missing all away from 1.2.1 like in Super Mario 3D World in intro, there's no fireworks and no fire from Bowser mouth. Any hope that you look into it?
There have been differences between NVIDIA and AMD from the very beginning. Just like every graphical issue it will be fixed sooner or later.

Was wondering though, are there any plans to include higher resolutions at some point?
Due to the way rendering on Wii U works this is not easily possible.

For those that care about the technical details: Cemu already internally tells the game to use 1080p resolution but that only defines the final output resolution and it's up to the game to choose whatever resolution it wants for the intermediate steps. For example, lots of games render the scenery in 720p or lower and then upscale that to 1080p at the end of the frame. Even if the final output is 480p the game would still use 720p as internal resolution because the engine has been tailored towards that specific resolution. Increasing the resolution can only be done by patching the game code, or by implementing game-specific hacks into the emulator.
For comparison, other emulators like Dolphin can just scale up everything by 2x and it will work (with some exceptions). If I do the same in Cemu it will break almost every 3D game since quite a large number of shaders rely on pixel-perfect precision and accurate filtering.

tl;dr; It can be done but it's really low priority. Also note that MSAA is not supported yet, that's why some games look terrible in fullscreen mode.

In other emulators Ogl is unaffected with new AMD drivers. Strange. Maybe Exzap will find out something about it.
Other emulators also don't try to emulate a current-gen platform (not talking about specs & performance here, just pure hardware functionality) and in order to do that, Cemu needs to do a lot of unconventional stuff.
Fun fact: Cemu has workarounds for bugs on both, NVIDIA and AMD hardware. NVIDIA recently fixed a number of those bugs while AMD seems 100% busy with Vulkan support. Guess in a year or so we can remove all the workarounds when the drivers have matured.
Oh and before another smartass comes along and says "Why don't you use DX12 then? It has less bugs", the bugs are low level shader issues, they occur on all APIs.

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to keep my focus on development as much as possible and a compatibility list is something that can be done by the community without my help. I do like the idea and if someone started a proper compatibility list that can be edited by anyone (e.g. a wiki or via google docs) I would put a link on the cemu website.
Great. I'm working on it right now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...