• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Exzap what about the random freezes that me and miguel experience?
Could be a graphics driver issue, can't really tell without more information.

Generally, if you want me to help with problems then here is how to do a bug report:
1) Keep all the information in one post (or pm)
2) Describe the problem in detail.
3) Don't report minor graphical issues, even if it worked in a previous version of cemu. We constantly break & fix graphics, it's a side effect of how emulator development works.
3) If a previous Cemu release worked, then mention that. Try to figure out the last Cemu release in which the problem did not occur. Saying "I think it worked in 1.2.1" is not good enough, I need definite answers.
4) Write about your hardware specs, in as much detail as possible, especially about your graphics card (download glCapsViewer 1.0 and generate a xml report and upload that somewhere)
5) Check if the bug can be reproduced. Cemu is not 100% stable yet, it's possible that it randomly crashes at random intervals. If it only happened once it's not worth reporting.
6) If 10 people report the same problem in this thread and I don't ask for details, then I don't need them. Don't spam me with bug reports.
7) Don't report bugs that are obvious (example: "Cemu does not work on Intel") or bugs that are a result of the emulator being not accurate enough. (example: "Game xyz doesn't work")

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay Exzap, I'll take your word for it regarding resolution. It actually doesn't look that bad, and if any kind of AA was added, than I'd be more than happy with that. One other thing though, I'm wondering, in general, does the USA versions have better compatibility than the EUR ones when running cemu? I was playing Mario Kart 8 EUR on cemu, and maybe it's just me, but I didn't think it looked as good as the USA version I saw playing on youtube. There seemed to be a difference in the textures. Also, SMW3D EUR didn't load at all.

Last edited by blazed1979,

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to keep my focus on development as much as possible and a compatibility list is something that can be done by the community without my help. I do like the idea and if someone started a proper compatibility list that can be edited by anyone (e.g. a wiki or via google docs) I would put a link on the cemu website.

There have been differences between NVIDIA and AMD from the very beginning. Just like every graphical issue it will be fixed sooner or later.

Due to the way rendering on Wii U works this is not easily possible.

For those that care about the technical details: Cemu already internally tells the game to use 1080p resolution but that only defines the final output resolution and it's up to the game to choose whatever resolution it wants for the intermediate steps. For example, lots of games render the scenery in 720p or lower and then upscale that to 1080p at the end of the frame. Even if the final output is 480p the game would still use 720p as internal resolution because the engine has been tailored towards that specific resolution. Increasing the resolution can only be done by patching the game code, or by implementing game-specific hacks into the emulator.
For comparison, other emulators like Dolphin can just scale up everything by 2x and it will work (with some exceptions). If I do the same in Cemu it will break almost every 3D game since quite a large number of shaders rely on pixel-perfect precision and accurate filtering.

tl;dr; It can be done but it's really low priority. Also note that MSAA is not supported yet, that's why some games look terrible in fullscreen mode.

Other emulators also don't try to emulate a current-gen platform (not talking about specs & performance here, just pure hardware functionality) and in order to do that, Cemu needs to do a lot of unconventional stuff.
Fun fact: Cemu has workarounds for bugs on both, NVIDIA and AMD hardware. NVIDIA recently fixed a number of those bugs while AMD seems 100% busy with Vulkan support. Guess in a year or so we can remove all the workarounds when the drivers have matured.
Oh and before another smartass comes along and says "Why don't you use DX12 then? It has less bugs", the bugs are low level shader issues, they occur on all APIs.
well could you try ti fix the black screen issue again these drivers give a huge boost in gaming and i would like to keep using the emulator and paying for my patreon

Reactions: Butz_san

Nemesis960502

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no clue how did others doesn't have the same problem as I have.
My Specs also works on other versions of Cemu. Even Citra and Xenia.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's a tutorial on Youtube. But most of the videos are for Roblocks. But it still works in other programs.
its "144 or you can go on latest. The latest is always the highest number BTW

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
So just tried out 1.3.3 with MK8 and compared it with a brief test from yesterday which was running on 1.3.2
Oc82HyE.png

W5P4Syc.png
zxaigVJ.png

4CKjtc5.png
naHJePk.png

So the 12 player race on Mario Kart Stadium averaged around 10-15FPS, while Toad's Turnpike on Time trial averaged around 25-30FPS. Pretty impressive.

As for hardware running this, is a core i7 5820K OC'd to 4GHz (around 20%) and a GTX 980 with around 8% OC.

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country

Generally, if you want me to help with problems then here is how to do a bug report:
3) Don't report minor graphical issues, even if it worked in a previous version of cemu. We constantly break & fix graphics, it's a side effect of how emulator development works.
3) If a previous Cemu release worked, then mention that. Try to figure out the last Cemu release in which the problem did not occur. Saying "I think it worked in 1.2.1" is not good enough, I need definite answers.
4) Write about your hardware specs, in as much detail as possible, especially about your graphics card (download glCapsViewer 1.0 and generate a xml report and upload that somewhere)
5) Check if the bug can be reproduced. Cemu is not 100% stable yet, it's possible that it randomly crashes at random intervals. If it only happened once it's not worth reporting.
6) If 10 people report the same problem in this thread and I don't ask for details, then I don't need them. Don't spam me with bug reports.
7) Don't report bugs that are obvious (example: "Cemu does not work on Intel") or bugs that are a result of the emulator being not accurate enough. (example: "Game xyz doesn't work")
i sent you a pm

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

here this is from the newst amd drivers i hope it helps

Attachments

• glCapsViewer_Report.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: Exzap

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
well could you try ti fix the black screen issue again these drivers give a huge boost in gaming and i would like to keep using the emulator and paying for my patreon
WTF?? Is that an attempt at blackmailing?? Sorry if it wasn't the intention, but mentioning your contribution on patreon just seems dirty.

Last edited by clank,
Reactions: Growlith1223

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I create an wikia, compatiblity list of games:

http://cemu.wikia.com/wiki/Cemu_Wikia

If everyone can help will be great!

In future we can add new infos of cemu in this wikia!

The region should be mention too because USA and EUR are not the same.. For an example: Super Mario 3D World USA is running while EURO crash or doesn't running at all. Something like that.

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a little confused about the formatting of that table. For simpletons like I, how would the different columns be described?

Region is self explanatory, as is status, however, what is "medium fps" referring to? the native framerate on the console? And as for "last update" is that the date the data was entered, or the date the game itself had an update?

Once I'm sure, I can help fill in MK8 on there for NTSC.

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
After many painstaking minutes of upload throttling me out of all my other internet things. (650kbps upload SUCKS) I have made a video on MK8, so um. Here.

Please appreciate it, you don't know what pain I had to go through to upload a 720p file :(

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
After many painstaking minutes of upload throttling me out of all my other internet things. (650kbps upload SUCKS) I have made a video on MK8, so um. Here.

Please appreciate it, you don't know what pain I had to go through to upload a 720p file :(

I feel your pain. Everyone who has Intel Core i5 w/ Nvidia have the same problem. It's really slow unless overclock it which will possibly destroy the PC if too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."