Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any additional patches, or Cakes, as they are called? Do these count as "plugins"?

The only one I'm aware of is this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/poc-a-s...get-unlinked-dual-emunands-on-an-n3ds.399420/
That said, .cake patches can't do much, but I'm trying to fix that. The most recent nightly added support for AGB_FIRM patching, for example, and I'm working on adding support for patching userland applications. From there on (after a few changes to the format, because it sucks a fair bit atm), I hope to get the ball rolling.
And no, they're not exactly plugins. While they can contain a fair bit of code to do different things, they're patched over the firmware.bin.

Last edited by mid-kid,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With agb_firm... say You for example that I can run gba.cias in unlinker emunand without install the cia in sysnand?

Not unless we figure out a patch for that. CakesFW can now patch the firm, but we still need proper patches. I've taken a crack at it, but I haven't gotten very far.

Reactions: peteruk

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe you'll like to know cakes in n3ds is able to boot DS mode flashcards fine. Going out of the cart forces a reset, but themehax comes to the rescue and sends you back to emunand in no time.
Ah, so I guess my recollection of playing DS games under cakes was correct after all. I didn't think it was reiNAND, as I did use it for very long.

Firmware.bin for new3ds on cakesFW it's based on 9.6 or 10.2 ?
10.2, and has been since @mid-kid added 10.3+ EmuNAND support ~2 hours after rei released his update. @mid-kid did it properly right off the bat, rei used 9.6 which caused some issues (he has since moved to using 10.2 as well).

Rei may have got all the attention, but CakesFW has been the superior of the two CFWs from the beginning.

That said, in light of this attention, Rei has stated he intends to overhaul reiNAND. So hopefully when reiNAND is in a better position to compete with CakesFW directly, it'll push both devs to make stronger products.

Then the entire community wins.

haha np.
To be honest i think the emunand and sig patch err patches should be enabled by default.
I concur, the vast majority of people who wish to use CFWs intend to do it in conjunction with emuNAND.

Making it default to enabling the emuNAND patch will save @mid-kid some hassle.

I know what you mean. For FBI, I usually just ignore any questions that are already answered in the OP. :P
This. Other members will either assist those looking to be spoon fed directly, or refer them to the OP to RTFM.

Reactions: peteruk

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @mid-kid,

I wanted keep my SD root clutter free so I looked at your source on github and started to play around with it. Is this the correct way of redirecting file/directory paths in CakesFW?

source/paths.h
Code:
-#define PATH_CAKES "/cakes"
+#define PATH_CAKES "/3ds/Cakes/cfw/cakes"

-#define PATH_SLOT0X25KEYX "/slot0x25keyX.bin"
-#define PATH_SLOT0X11KEY96 "/slot0x11key96.bin"
+#define PATH_SLOT0X25KEYX PATH_CAKES "/slot0x25keyX.bin"
+#define PATH_SLOT0X11KEY96 PATH_CAKES "/slot0x11key96.bin"

CakeBrah/Makefile
Code:
-filepath ?=
+filepath ?= 3ds/Cakes/cfw

CakeHax/Makefile
Code:
-filepath ?=
+filepath ?= 3ds/Cakes/cfw

Makefile
Code:
.PHONY: all
all: launcher patches ninjhax
+    @mkdir -vp "$(dir_out)/3ds/Cakes/cfw
+    @mv -v $(dir_out)/cakes $(dir_out)/3ds/Cakes/cfw/
+    @mv -v $(dir_out)/Cakes.dat $(dir_out)/3ds/Cakes/cfw/

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
@mid-kid are you by any chance putting up a new release?
Or does anyone have a current compiled version, with the agb patch and the 10.4 firm support?
Here you go
Do note that 1. the agb patch doesn't DO anything atm afaik. and 2. NTR isn't working with 10.4 native firm atm (i just tried it), it does with 10.2 native firm though on 10.4 emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol