Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I repeat: AGB_FIRM patching != GBA support like rxTools has. It just means the the nighlies now have the capability to patch the AGB_FIRM. Without patches to patch it with, and proper reboot patches to load it, it does absolutely nothing. The commit that generated the latest nightly was more in preparation of future actual GBA support (if you read the OP, you can see I want emuNAND patches for it). I'm not working on it now, as I have other priorities.
Ah, ok. Sorry to misunderstand what you said. Still enjoy your work on Cakes.

xxbilxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cakes! Thanks for working on this CFW, especially for N3DS users. Does this support the latest firm (10.4), and is that the one linked in the OP?

Sorry if that has been asked before but there's so many pages to have to sort through.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey Cakes! Thanks for working on this CFW, especially for N3DS users. Does this support the latest firm (10.4), and is that the one linked in the OP?

Sorry if that has been asked before but there's so many pages to have to sort through.

If you mean 10.4 emuNAND, yes, it's supported. If you mean the actual 10.4 kernel, yes, for New 3DS. The one linked to in the original post is still the 10.2 kernel though, for N3DS. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m...b36818c61f595fc2081df0866bb48d6d6/firmurln3ds is the latest.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll probably move back down to the 10.2 kernel as well since NTR isn't supported on the 10.4 kernel, but the minute I hear about something needing the newest kernel.. :P

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll probably move back down to the 10.2 kernel as well since NTR isn't supported on the 10.4 kernel, but the minute I hear about something needing the newest kernel.. :P
Yeah I've got no idea how to add a new kernel version to it either, that part is a mystery. :(
The other part is easy as you can just share the result.txt output like the other day...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I've got no idea how to add a new kernel version to it either, that part is a mystery. :(
The other part is easy as you can just share the result.txt output like the other day...

The kernel stuff that NTR uses requires the voodoo of IDA and reverse-engineering, like I mentioned on Github.

Ahem, but yeah, I jumped on the 10.4 FIRM train more for experimental reasons.

xxbilxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after upgrading to new cakes.dat (108 from 101) and patches folder I can't seem to load the web exploit successfully on my o3ds 9.2U
I keep getting
Cakes.dat loading, but then browser crashes and I get
an error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use and the restart the system.

Edit: sorry I just had to clear history/cookies and it worked fine.

Last edited by quantumboy,
Reactions: mid-kid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I'd like another 8 TB HDD yes thank you very much +1