Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have the ticket.db, how can i dump the firmkey.bin
im using same firmware.bin as rxtools, decrpt title key usin rxtools and rename it to firmkey.bin (put into cakes folder).

You have to decrypt the ticket.db with either Decrypt9, rxTools, or 3DS_Multi_Decryptor.
I won't serve a tutorial for that. Use any printKeys.py to, well, print the keys.
Once you have the key, paste it in a hex editor, just like the slot0x25keyX.
The title ID is: 0004013800000002

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shoddy info about firmkey.bin (the error message is wrong about the path btw) for those already semi-experienced:

firmkey.bin must contain the raw (i.e., not encoded as hex) title key for NATIVE_FIRM. Use Decrypt9 (https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9) title key decryption for the cetk (which you can download from firmurl in the repo, but replace "00000049" with "cetk"). To use Decrypt9 title key decryption, you'll need to use dump_ticket_keys.py and copy the resultung encTitleKeys.bin to the root of the SD card, launch Decrypt9, select titlekey decryption; the final 16 bytes of decTitleKeys.bin are what needs to be in firmkey.bin.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
This is probably the CFW I'm most thankful for. It's nice to have options (ie. Pasta and rxTools), but this project has the least developer douchery out of the three.
You've got got future plans to continue the CFW development, you've no moral qualms for piracy, you've shared the source, and you've introduced cakes.
Thank you for your contributions. I'll sit here and quietly wait for someone to implement N3DS and 9.2MSET support. I'm assuming you post in /hbg/?

Arcanuskun

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Shoddy info about firmkey.bin (the error message is wrong about the path btw) for those already semi-experienced:

firmkey.bin must contain the raw (i.e., not encoded as hex) title key for NATIVE_FIRM. Use Decrypt9 (https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9) title key decryption for the cetk (which you can download from firmurl in the repo, but replace "00000049" with "cetk"). To use Decrypt9 title key decryption, you'll need to use dump_ticket_keys.py and copy the resultung encTitleKeys.bin to the root of the SD card, launch Decrypt9, select titlekey decryption; the final 16 bytes of decTitleKeys.bin are what needs to be in firmkey.bin.
this is what i've been looking for. :)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry, I'm building the documentation as I'm going.
Thanks for the small tut. Will put on the main post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is probably the CFW I'm most thankful for. It's nice to have options (ie. Pasta and rxTools), but this project has the least developer douchery out of the three.
You've got got future plans to continue the CFW development, you've no moral qualms for piracy, you've shared the source, and you've introduced cakes.
Thank you for your contributions. I'll sit here and quietly wait for someone to implement N3DS and 9.2MSET support. I'm assuming you post in /hbg/?

No, I don't post in /hbg/.

As a side note, I've just been banned from #3dsdev without saying anything, just for the simple fact that this disables signature checking. I love those guys <3

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As a side note, I've just been banned from #3dsdev without saying anything, just for the simple fact that this disables signature checking. I love those guys <3
Man those guys are douchebags. We do appreciate your work.

I don't have a O3DS... but I do hope to see N3DS support, even with emuNAND at 9.5.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey, this is another great CFW, but this one seems to propose clear stuff.
I hope for a 9.2 MSET soon, guys. Good job!

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now we have Pasta and Cakes. The 3DS scene is really well served! :P

By the way, is having both sysnand and emunand support a way of saying "You can have your cake and it too"?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Elitists with such attitudes are just douchebags, the best countermeasure is to make them irrelevant.
After all elitists live in a cloud of self assuring circle jerking.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Elitists with such attitudes are just douchebags, the best countermeasure is to make them irrelevant.
After all elitists live in a cloud of self assuring circle jerking.
As far as I can tell, #3dsdev is still a driving force behind research and 3dbrew documentation. You may not want to piss them off too much or they'll just go back to hogging all the knowledge in private groups.

Reactions: MrCheeze

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As far as I can tell, #3dsdev is still a driving force behind research and 3dbrew documentation. You may not want to piss them off too much or they'll just go back to hogging all the knowledge in private groups.
t's only a couple of SJW morons there that call for these bans. Most people there don't really care.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, I just will piss off any elitist, even if they hold the cure for cancer, nevertheless just stupid hacking knowledge for 3ds.
The elitist attitude is against my principles.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The best thing is that we now have an Open Source alternative that can be mantained in case Roxas doesn't care enough to continue developing rxTools now. Hopefully Pasta gets emunand soon as well. Also can't wait for 9.x MSET.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
New FW appeared! It is open-sourced! What should one do?
1. Try 2.TRy 3.TRY 4.Cancel

Forget about the joke, yea. I don't know what you planned to do later.
Maybe.. Eh.. two entrypoints that enable payloads of both types?
That would make merging something like YGW/others(maybe) able.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up