Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
t's only a couple of SJW morons there that call for these bans. Most people there don't really care.
As far as I can tell, #3dsdev is still a driving force behind research and 3dbrew documentation. You may not want to piss them off too much or they'll just go back to hogging all the knowledge in private groups.

I've hanged out there for a while, because a lot of knowledge is shared there. I've been helped by others, and have given help.
It's a nice channel, and I've respected their rule for no piracy talk. I'm just sad that some of them couldn't respect my opinions too.
Meh, at least #3dsdev on Freenode still exists as a safe heaven. Not as active though.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've hanged out there for a while, because a lot of knowledge is shared there. I've been helped by others, and have given help.

You could always just use a bouncer, an inconspicuous nick (e.g. catluvr) and join the channel again and stay idle. IRC sucks at banning, after all.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You could always just use a bouncer, an inconspicuous nick (e.g. catluvr) and join the channel again and stay idle. IRC sucks at banning, after all.

I don't feel like joining a channel again that bans me like that, honestly.
Even less going "undercover" trying to get info there or something. It just doesn't feel right.
Freenode's #3dsdev it is. I just hope that more people may want to come there.

Reactions: bobmcjr

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No. Right now you have 3 options for booting:
1) Just sig patches
2) Sig patches + emuNAND
3) Sig patches + emuNAND + fixes for smash and other memory-extended games (reboot).

I want to add options to toggle them independently, though.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
It's what I'm trying to do, at least. See the .cake files (patch bundles).
If take use of the LEFT/RIGHT from D-Pad you can let user enable/disable it.
Anyone to release the firmkey.bin for the lazy ones?
I'm wrong. so sorry.
You can use multi-decryptor to get encrypted titlekey first and get it to a decryptor running on console.
Find a post yourself. Or simply try to use Rxtools with a particular option. >> Well i get it by accident.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If take use of the LEFT/RIGHT from D-Pad you can let user enable/disable it.

Much sorry. However the key differs from consoles. So you have to dump it out yourself.
You can use multi-decryptor to get encrypted titlekey first and get it to a decryptor running on console.
Find a post yourself. Or simply try to use Rxtools with a particular option. >> Well i get it by accident.

Not true.
It's universal, as said in the first post.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Not true.
It's universal, as said in the first post.
Oh well so i gave a wrong answer. Eh.. Oh that CDNtoCIA script showed such a thing.
wat+duck.jpg
Well. Thanks to OP that the one i replied did not take the wrong answer.
So i do not see a reason someone to not uploaded. The other site has already the 7.xx key and firmware.bin
Keys are critical - for legal reasons? Yes if so just wait for one day or two to check this out from the other site, won't you?

Reactions: pikatsu

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
mid-kit told me that the current menu is temporary. The final version will load all the cake files in your sd card automatically.
Well ok. So a menu such as the one from bramha which let you select your payloads would be just fine.
I would if i could. But the last time tried to inject ticket.bin to my emunand with rxtools ended to brick my console. Thats my skills
Not injects, only dump/decrypt is ok. There is already a sig-patched one isn't it.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would if i could. But the last time tried to inject ticket.bin to my emunand with rxtools ended to brick my console. Thats my skills

You do know that every time you boot rxTools it extracts the exact same key from the ticket.db?
If you can boot rxTools correcty, I don't see how you can't extract the ticket.db.

Reactions: Syphurith

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You do know that every time you boot rxTools it extracts the exact same key from the ticket.db?
If you can boot rxTools correcty, I don't see how you can't extract the ticket.db.

I do not know what happened then. The key was 32 mb size if i am right. Then i injected it to emunand and when restarted my screen was black even removing and formating sd card. Tried a mod myself and my my sd card reader fried and damaged my consoles motherboard and costed me 60 euros to replace. So thats the story and thats why i wait for others to do what i want. We havent all the same skills or the money to fix every possible stupidity

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
nice feature that u might want to consider is booting directly to emunand. maybe use some sort of button to trigger cake menu, else it go straight to emunand/desired mode.
As testing the D-pad or L or R first before entering the main routine?
You can do it just before it shows up anything, in main. or from start.s to let it directly BL which needs to import symbols first.
What i want much is that, A - Wishing/WIP - List. With such a list you can find some targets.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nice feature that u might want to consider is booting directly to emunand. maybe use some sort of button to trigger cake menu, else it go straight to emunand/desired mode.

Noted. I want a menu for selecting the patches on boot. This selection will then be saved for the next boot. I could add an option for the menu to only show up if you press a certain key.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I do not know what happened then. The key was 32 mb size if i am right. Then i injected it to emunand and when restarted my screen was black even removing and formating sd card. Tried a mod myself and my my sd card reader fried and damaged my consoles motherboard and costed me 60 euros to replace. So thats the story and thats why i wait for others to do what i want. We havent all the same skills or the money to fix every possible stupidity

Like Syphurith said, you won't be injecting anything. Don't worry it won't brick your console.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Noted. I want a menu for selecting the patches on boot. This selection will then be saved for the next boot. I could add an option for the menu to only show up if you press a certain key.
just wanna ask. i see most cfw use top screen as main screen. is it possible to use bottom screen as main screen and top screen for banner?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end