Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How do I get the NVRAM ROP installed with spider? Gateway's ROP requires encryption and changing the source to change all references to Cakes.dat to read Launcher.dat.

Someone has kindly contributed a source to do just that! We will release this in a few days after adding support to more versions(currently only for spider 9.2).

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What exactly does the changes do ? 9.x mset support ?
If you downgrade mset to the 4.x version and install CakesROP (over whatever mset ROP you may have, or your legitimate DS Profile Settings), launching DS Profile Settings in the mset application will launch CakesFW.

It seems firmware 9.0-9.2 is required.

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you downgrade mset to the 4.x version and install CakesROP (over whatever mset ROP you may have, or your legitimate DS Profile Settings), launching DS Profile Settings in the mset application will launch CakesFW.

That is an awesome news.

Reactions: leerz

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nice I'll try it out soon.

Reactions: leerz

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Did someone compile this? I'm able to compile rxTools, but Cakes won't compile. (get "git - command not found" when trying to use make). I don't feel like hunting down dependencies again. Maybe I'll try this in the morning. :(

Replace ~L24 in the Makefile to this

Code:
revision := 24

. I don't have git in my PATH neither so I had to do the same.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm on windows. I don't have Linux. The fact I've gotten rxTools to compile in it feels like an accomplishment. :P

Replace ~L24 in the Makefile to this

Code:

. I don't have git in my PATH neither so I had to do the same.

I don't see that string anywhere in the main makefile. I had no issues compiling the new MSET Rop installer. That compiled fine I believe. I'm trying to compile CakesFW and that string you mentioned I can't find.

EDIT: It's 2 am here. I'm off to bed. I'm sure a release build will be available in the morning. So I'll check again in the morning.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't see that string anywhere in the main makefile. I had no issues compiling the new MSET Rop installer. That compiled fine I believe. I'm trying to compile CakesFW and that string you mentioned I can't find.

Line 22 :
Code:
revision := $(shell git rev-list HEAD --count)

Change it to

Code:

Reactions: kactusss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D