Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Also for whatever reason, when downloading the zip file for the source code, the pk3ds folder is not included in it and I have to download it separately.

Yup that's one unfortunate side effect of using submodules. Don't know if there's a way around it.

"File c:/devkitPro/msys/patches/signatures/patches.s not found"

Are you using the cmd line or MingW shell to compile? I normally use the shell and the changes that I have to make to the Makefile to build were the same as yours (git and python).

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it finally compiled. I just had to use " / " instead of " \ " in the path for top_dir. Windows uses \ but makefile doesn't like that. :P

EDIT:

MSET on 9.x boots Cakes for me now. Awesome! :D
did you install mset via code.bin ? or an NDS flash card ?

edit: could you also please post the complied cakes.dat file ?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I used Sudokuhax because I'm a boss. :P

I injected exploitable Sudoku over the existing DSi app. (I had to downgrade to 4.x to do any TWL injection) Then exported that using Data management. Went back to 9.x (this only works if you are on the same movable.sed seed the whole time FYI. ;) ). Bought Sudoku outright (yes it's still on the eShop!). Then used Data Management to reimport the exploited Sudoku. Unlike DSi, Data Management doesn't care about DSi exploits. Though you may have to be in CFW before it will let you import it. (aka, vanilla sysnand with no patches won't let you import it). But once done. Sudoku will boot and run MSET rop without a flashcart or being in CFW first.

Perhaps a future feature for cakes is the ability to inject Sudoku over the "DS Internet" DSiWare on TWL. That's normally the DS Wifi configuration menu you access from System Settings. If you overwrite that, it would make MSET super easy to setup. Since leaving Sudoku that has been booted this way will return you right back to System Settings where you can then use MSET. ;)

You lose the ability to setup DS wifi this way. But that's not a big problem. DS internet services are no longer available for most games and you can still setup DS Wifi using a DS game/flashcart with a DS game.

Currently the only arm9 homebrew that had the ability to inject titles over existing ones on TWL partition was a modification to Void's Mult-tool thing. There is nothing for 9.x/n3ds users. :(

I attached the compiled binaries below. Updated MSET Rop installer also included if you use a DS Flashcart. Though mine is named "boot.nds" because I originally used it on Sudokuhax. :P

Attachments

• CakesNew.rar
    252.6 KB · Views: 153

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Post please if its 9.0 mset via ds linker i update my sysnand and it work on 9.2?

I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but for the love of god do not update your sysnand for this. The update is for people who are stuck at 9.0~9.2.

I used Sudokuhax because I'm a boss. :P

I injected exploitable Sudoku over the existing DSi app. (I had to downgrade to 4.x to do any TWL injection) Then exported that using Data management. Went back to 9.x (this only works if you are on the same movable.sed seed the whole time FYI. ;) ). Bought Sudoku outright (yes it's still on the eShop!). Then used Data Management to reimport the exploited Sudoku. Unlike DSi, Data Management doesn't care about DSi exploits. Though you may have to be in CFW before it will let you import it. (aka, vanilla sysnand with no patches won't let you import it). But once done. Sudoku will boot and run MSET rop without a flashcart or being in CFW first.

Perhaps a future feature for cakes is the ability to inject Sudoku over the "DS Internet" DSiWare on TWL. That's normally the DS Wifi configuration menu you access from System Settings. If you overwrite that, it would make MSET super easy to setup. Since leaving Sudoku that has been booted this way will return you right back to System Settings where you can then use MSET. ;)

Currently the only arm9 homebrew that had the ability to inject titles over existing ones on TWL partition was a modification to Void's Mult-tool thing. There is nothing for 9.x/n3ds users. :(

I attached the compiled binaries below. Updated MSET Rop installer also included if you use a DS Flashcart. Though mine is named "boot.nds" because I originally used it on Sudokuhax. :P

That sounds complicated as hell. Everything just went right over my head. :P

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
its not best to have an updated sysnand compatible with cake ?so its not i stay on 4.5 with cake and rxtool emunand 9.8

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but for the love of god do not update your sysnand for this. The update is for people who are stuck at 9.0~9.2.

That sounds complicated as hell. Everything just went right over my head. :P

Refer to this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds.388621/

Would be great if that method was ported to 9.x (mostly for n3DS users in the future). That and being able to choose the TWL title and save to overwrite instead of having it hardcoded into the launcher everytime would make things a lot easier to the average user. :D

its not best to have an updated sysnand compatible with cake ?so its not i stay on 4.5 with cake and rxtool emunand 9.8

He's just saying it's probably not a good idea to try if you don't know how to do it. You can potentially brick if you mess up. You have to update via CIAs using sysupdater while on sysnand. So there's risk in that if you don't do it right.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Refer to this thread:

Would be great if that method was ported to 9.x (mostly for n3DS users in the future). That and being able to choose the TWL title and save to overwrite instead of having it hardcoded into the launcher everytime would make things a lot easier to the average user. :D

Thanks for link. Will read up on it later. Still trying to get the web installer to work T_T.

He's just saying it's probably not a good idea to try if you don't know how to do it. You can potentially brick if you mess up. You have to update via CIAs using sysupdater while on sysnand. So there's risk in that if you don't do it right.

And there's no reason to waste a perfectly working 4.x console. :P The current cakes works the same for both versions anyway.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Refer to this thread:

OK i stay on 4.5 i have already bricked a standard 3ds i dont want brik my xl and thanks for your greats work all devs

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the 9.X mset and works on my 9.0US o3ds xl

strange I thought I was using a downgraded mset so I rechecked again the version installed with FBI and I saw 0004001000021000 version 0x200B

so those this mean I don't even need to downgrade the mset? and will it only work from 5.X to 9.2? or above on o3ds

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I tried the 9.X mset and works on my 9.0US o3ds xl

strange I thought I was using a downgraded mset so I rechecked again the version installed with FBI and I saw 0004001000021000 version 0x200B

so those this mean I don't even need to downgrade the mset? and will it only work from 5.X to 9.2? or above on o3ds

I don't see how though. The profile exploit was fixed (in 7.0 I think?) and the MSET ROP is for 4.x. Are you sure you aren't on 9.0 emunand when you checked the version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@megazero1x1 Try this out please. I've tested it once and it seems to be working. But apparently code.bin is filled with dark magic that it could've been a fluke. :P Best of luck.

Reactions: megazero1x1

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@megazero1x1 Try this out please. I've tested it once and it seems to be working. But apparently code.bin is filled with dark magic that it could've been a fluke. :P Best of luck.

give me a minute

I don't see how though. The profile exploit was fixed (in 7.0 I think?) and the MSET ROP is for 4.x. Are you sure you aren't on 9.0 emunand when you checked the version?

It works !!!!!
Awesome !!!!
Thank you Sooo much !!!! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1