XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Remove the 'v' in the version box.
That worked thanks!

Btw here are the md5's of the files if 3dnus does ever go down

0004013800000202.cia- e32824752ab08d57532fed8d37dbf242
Same file patched- d85b8dd2bd6bdb7505a294c2ed9874fd

What should I use to install the gba game into SysNand then, since my nands are unlinked, and folks say that when they are unlinked, you have to install the game to both?
You have to install them on both but don't install it to "nand", you always want them to install to SD (unless theyre system files), doesn't matter if you're installing on sysnand or on emunand, the destination on FBI doesn't mean nand=sysnand, SD=emunand. If you don't understand this you better use BBM or devmenu and they'll install things where it belongs.

Can someone help me because I am a little confused. Do I follow the same instructions if my 3ds is on 4.x and my emunand is on 10.1(rxtools)? Nands are unlinked.I would be grateful for any help.
Yes, if the tutorial doesn't say anything about it, it should work on all versions where you can install cias.

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have installed some Virtual Console GBA CIA's.
I am not able to start them on n3DS on rxTools.
sysNAND (9.0) and emuNAND (9.5) are unlinked.
The game CIAS's are only installed in emuNAND.

Error Message: Please restart the Console.

While on emuNAND I have installed the patched 0004013820000202.CIA (MD5 9178D8CF42F27D812DD202C0378DEB4B) to NAND with FBI.
Do I have to patch the games also?

Virtual Console GB and NES Games are working.

Last edited by temper999,

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I read more than once that the "oficial" gba emulator lacked precision and power, that 4mb was max rom size and that it barely could handle simple games between much other lies. After testing it with a bunch of games, 2 of which I consider to be the most demanding games of all GBA (Asterix & Obelix and VRally, both full 3D games), I'm totally amazed how well does it work. It ran all the games (including 4,8,16 & 32 Mb games and even some hombrew) I tested and didn't drop a frame anywhere :yaysp:.

Thank you Riku for this amazing utilities!

I have installed some Virtual Console GBA CIA's.
I am not able to start them on n3DS on rxTools.
sysNAN (9.0) and emuNAND (9.5) are unlinked.
The game CIAS's are only installed in emuNAND.

Error Message: Please restart the Console.

While on emuNAND I have installed the patched 0004013820000202 (MD5 9178D8CF42F27D812DD202C0378DEB4B) to NAND with FBI.
Do I have to patch the games also?

Virtual Console GB and NES Games are working.

Humm I patched it and it gave me another md5, but i don't think thats the problem.
Try to follow this steps: boot rxtools while holding R, click A then X to boot on sysnand, open fbi, delete 0004013820000202 on title list with destination set to nand (double check you're deleting the correct file by looking at the post picture), install the patched 0004013820000202.cia to nand, change destination to SD and install your cia's, enjoy your games.

If you then install the same cia you installed on sysnand on your emunand you'll be able to boot them from there. (At least this works for me on rxtools, also unlinked nands)
AFAIK games don't have to be patched.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I read more than once that the "oficial" gba emulator lacked precision and power, that 4mb was max rom size and that it barely could handle simple games between much other lies.

Actually, there is some truth to it. The NES/GBC emulators have a very slow and poor GBA emulator hidden inside them, with slow speeds and a max ROM size of 4 megabytes, iirc.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-general-vc-rom-injection-thread-nes-gb-c-a-etc.371894/

"worth noting the GBA emulation is very poor, very slow and only works on smaller roms i think after about 4MB it will just crash the 3DS"

But yes, using AGB_FIRM is far superior to trying Nintendo's prior 'beta' emulator. Between AGB_FIRM, CitrAGB and RetroArch gpSP (and mGBA as it matures..), pretty much all of your GBA needs should be covered.

Last edited by daxtsu,

DragonStefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
guys,

I try this tutorial.

It says I already have 0004013800000202.cia installed. Wanne overwrite? I press YES (A)

Then it says error.

Then I try to find it in the NAND delete title MODE.

Then I cant find it . But I CAN find:

CTR-P-CTAP with title ID: 0004013800000102?

SO:

What is wrong :S:S??

Can someone help me.

What do I have to delete now?

Just that file and try to reinstall it ???

I dont get it?

Why isnt it called 0004013800000202 instead of 0004013800000102?

Yf,

DragonStefan

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read more than once that the "oficial" gba emulator lacked precision and power, that 4mb was max rom size and that it barely could handle simple games between much other lies.

It's not a lie. The first try of Nintendo, a GBA Emulator worked pretty bad. Those games doesn't use an emulator, they use the DS backward compatibility to run (a DS can run GBA games, so if you say to the 3DS to run in DS mode, the 3DS will also be able to run GBA games). This is why the 3DS reboot once you quit the game, because the 3DS is in DS mode and have to reboot in 3DS mode (and which also explain why you can't go to the home screen without exiting GBA games first).

All the other systems (included Genesis/Megadrive) use emulators but GBA doesn't.

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
huh...
I installed the said patched .cia (via bbm, since FBI wouldn't let me install it and I couldn't find any title matching its Title ID) on my emunand.
Before doing that, loading gba .cias would lead me to a black screen freeze. Now, after the patched .cia, loading gba games lead me to an black screen error (pretty much like the one below)
2WS2J3C.png

Btw, my emunand is unlinked to the sysnand and it's on the latest fw, updated via system settings.

Last edited by Drowze,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
huh...
I installed the said patched .cia (via bbm, since FBI wouldn't let me install it and I couldn't find any title matching its Title ID) on my emunand.
Before doing that, loading gba .cias would lead me to a black screen freeze. Now, after the patched .cia, loading gba games lead me to an black screen error (pretty much like the one below)

Btw, my emunand is unlinked to the sysnand and it's on the latest fw, updated via system settings.

Do you have the games installed to both sysnand and your emunand? If you want to launch them from emunand, you need to have them installed to both. If you want to save space, just install them to sysnand and then reboot into it with signatures patched (in other words, boot your CFW into sysnand mode) when you want to run GBA games.

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have the games installed to both sysnand and your emunand? If you want to launch them from emunand, you need to have them installed to both. If you want to save space, just install them to sysnand and then reboot into it with signatures patched (in other words, boot your CFW into sysnand mode) when you want to run GBA games.

I think it's working now, though I need to test with another roms; I'm trying with Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 and I'm having the same problems as them:

ooo how'd you get Mario advance 1 and 3 to work? I get corrupted saves (dun dun dun!)

I'm getting an error with Super Mario Advance, all of them, something about save data corrupted.

Any solutions?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys,

Why isnt it called 0004013800000202 instead of 0004013800000102?
102 is TWL_FIRM. 202 is AGB_FIRM. Keep looking. They don't always show up in numerical order, so you need to look at every file that FBI lists.

Edit: Wait... either I'm too tired to think, or you didn't even mention WHAT error you got. You may not even have it installed. Are you in devmode while trying to install it? I think you should be (but the first page doesn't say anything like that... now I'm confused...)

Last edited by urherenow,

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone...

I know this will probably be a stupid question (but I want to make sure) but in doing this, will this effect my regular 3DS Gateway in anyway?

I'm currently running FW 4.5 with the latest emuNAND. I understand the risks, but what exactly is being changed on the 3DS?

Is it basically just an injection?

Last edited by Neglesh,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Riku you should edit the tut it's much easier to just use Dev Menu and install the patched CIA its much more simple then looking for a title id in FBI.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
@Riku you should edit the tut it's much easier to just use Dev Menu and install the patched CIA its much more simple then looking for a title id in FBI.
Let's say he wrote about devmenu: noobs would have posted tons of trashes on this thread like "where I can get devmenu?"..
FBI is not illegal, opensource software and able to do the same job.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1