• Views 621,027
  • Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's off the point too. This is about AGB FIRM installation of which FBI is capable.
But it's so easy to mess up and delete the wrong title why take risk when you can click a twice in dev menu and know for sure it will install correctly over the older title.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
But it's so easy to mess up and delete the wrong title why take risk when you can click a twice in dev menu and know for sure it will install correctly over the older title.
You don't need to make people search or use pirated files for convenience when there is a perfect alternative.
Don't encourage piracy.

Last edited by Dean_,

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok NVM I see what kind of SJW mindset you have.
Believe or not, downloading pirated files from the web can be punished by the law in some countries (US is not the only country on the planet). Can you take responsibility for that?
And don't call someone SJW or something on their face.

Last edited by Dean_,

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work with DevMenu6/BBM, it throws out error if you try to install same title version (only overwrites lower version correctly) and you can't delete system titles using DevMenu. Not sure about DevMenu2x though.

D

Deleted User

It doesn't work with DevMenu6/BBM, it throws out error if you try to install same title version (only overwrites lower version correctly) and you can't delete system titles using DevMenu. Not sure about DevMenu2x though.
In DevMenu2x you can't delete system titles.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how to tell which version it is but the DevMenu from Gateways download page works perfectly though.
Correction using DevMenu 2x - 000400000D000200 works fine

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

rocknesskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone else had this error?
"An Error Has Occurred. Hold Down the POWER Button."
I'm using Moemon Fire Red (hack of Pokémon Fire Red)

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the instructions to a T, but I am getting black screen as soon as I load, on both sysNAND and emuNAND. I have N3DS AUS 9.0, rxTools Oct 27th 9.5 Emunand, I've deleted and then patched AGB_Firm on both sysNAND and emuNAND, and installed the GBA .cia on both sysNAND SD and emuNAND SD. Where did I go wrong? I used the correct version for N3DS, 0004013820000202.cia.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the instructions to a T, but I am getting black screen as soon as I load, on both sysNAND and emuNAND. I have N3DS AUS 9.0, rxTools Oct 27th 9.5 Emunand, I've deleted and then patched AGB_Firm on both sysNAND and emuNAND, and installed the GBA .cia on both sysNAND SD and emuNAND SD. Where did I go wrong? I used the correct version for N3DS, 0004013820000202.cia.
Were you in devmode when flashing agb_firm? That's the only way it will flash correctly. I'm not sure devmode works on N3DS with the Oct 27 build...
And are you sure you are trying to launch a GBA game, either normal or injected into another GBA game? I only ask because DSIware uses twl_firm, not agb_firm...

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you in devmode when flashing agb_firm? That's the only way it will flash correctly. I'm not sure devmode works on N3DS with the Oct 27 build...
And are you sure you are trying to launch a GBA game, either normal or injected into another GBA game? I only ask because DSIware uses twl_firm, not agb_firm...
I was using Gateway in sysnand mode for the installations. And I only tested an injected GBA, trying to run FFVI with the sound and color patches.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using Gateway in sysnand mode for the installations. And I only tested an injected GBA, trying to run FFVI with the sound and color patches.
You cannot install agb_firm using gateway (properly). Even in sysnand mode, it uses firmlaunchax. an older pasta or old rxtools with pasta and devmode, or PBT or something like that to install your agb_firm.

Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow now gateway doesnt want to boot into sysnand, wtf. im gonna try turning off menuhax autoboot.

Edit: Yeah turning off menuhax worked. Got into sysnand and using Devmenu, I just click the cia, i dont have to set it to NAND?

Edit 2: So, using Gateway SysNAND Devmenu to install it still didn't work with my GBA. Just goes to black screen like before. And I still can't boot Pasta even with menuhax autoboot off.

Last edited by Darktalon,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow now gateway doesnt want to boot into sysnand, wtf. im gonna try turning off menuhax autoboot.

Edit: Yeah turning off menuhax worked. Got into sysnand and using Devmenu, I just click the cia, i dont have to set it to NAND?

Edit 2: So, using Gateway SysNAND Devmenu to install it still didn't work with my GBA. Just goes to black screen like before. And I still can't boot Pasta even with menuhax autoboot off.
are you using DevMenu2x or "TitleManager" run DevMune2x through your red card

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for some reason can not get Pasta 1.3b7 to launch. I have tried through both CTRBootmanager and Homebrew Launcher 2.5hax.
I don't think Pasta works with *hax 2... I take it you don't have Cubic Ninja?

Just install it to Sysnand using Gateway Sysnand mode using Dev Menu problem solved :gba:
No, it's not. You can't properly install AGB_FIRM or TWL_FIRM with Gateway. You need devmode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)