Hacking ReiNand 10.3 N3ds (:

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey people! Just installed reinand CFW and updated to last firmware. Is it possible to go on eshop with this or that could cause some trouble on the emunand/CFW ?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a problem here, plz help me. I've installed some cias in sysnand after making emunand. Every time I go out of emunand and in minipasta/sysnand again, all my new installed cias were gifts (like the first time starting them). How can I fix this (9.5 got this nice layout safe, damn!!!). N3ds E, 9.2sysnand and 10.3 emunand.

install them using FBI on sysNAND (pressing no to overwrite) and it will install the ticket to SysNAND (it will have an error, ignore it) without needing to reinstall the game itself and without needing to unlink nands. make sure to unwrap the games on SysNAND once after installing them. you will no longer have the gift wrap bug the games will stay in the folder you put them in.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku are you going to make a micro update fixing the Rei tag in system settings, or just save it for a bigger patch?
I honestly havent the slightest idea why its not working since i have the correct offsets setup now, so hoping it irons itself out with the next few changes

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, but I am not sure why you would want to do such a thing
i just dont feel safe updating to 10.4 yet =/ and all i need to be finshed with my 3ds is to install the gba cia i have but its not working on rxtools so im just going reinand because im hearing it works fine on here

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting a error when trying to edit the boot.cfg file it says cannont find boot.cfg file making default but it gets stuck there can someone upload a pre made with both rxtools and reinand and homebrew on the boot.cfg or post a pic of how it looks like

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting a error when trying to edit the boot.cfg file it says cannont find boot.cfg file making default but it gets stuck there can someone upload a pre made with both rxtools and reinand and homebrew on the boot.cfg or post a pic of how it looks like

Rename it to boot.txt and upload it here so I can check it. You probably have a syntax error.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country

Get the boot.cfg from first post here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Edit it with notepad++ if you need to.

Should look something like this

boot_config :
{
timeout = 3;
autobootfix = 2;
recovery = 2;
default = 0;
entries = (
{
title = "Reinand";
path = "/reinand.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Cakes";
path = "/cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}, {
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/bhbl.3dsx";
} );
};

Replace cakes.dat with rxtools.dat or however rxtools names it.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I randomly ended up with that error too, and no amount of editing could fix it. I had to delete the file from sd and re-copy it from the pc :huh:

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I randomly ended up with that error too, and no amount of editing could fix it. I had to delete the file from sd and re-copy it from the pc :huh:

That error tends to happen if there is a syntax error inside the file. Like, for example, this:

Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = 3;
  autobootfix = 2;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 0;
  entries = (
    {
      title = "ReiNand";
      path = "/ReiNand.dat";
      offset = "0x12000";
    }
    {
      title = "rxTools";
      path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
      offset = "0x12000";
    },
    {
      title = "HomeBrewMenu";
      path = "/hbla.3dsx";
    }, );
};

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, except I checked all the commas etc. At least I think I did. I guess it's the most likely explanation though.

Honestly if you were getting that error with a 100% correct boot.cfg with no syntax errors, you would be the first instance I am aware of with it. So far every time someone had that error it was a misplaced comma, or a semi-colon instead of a comma, or a ) instead of a }. That kinda stuff.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was worried my sd card got corrupted or something, but I'm gonna assume it was syntax error.

In all fairness I personally find that sometimes the easiest way to fix a syntax error in a config file is to just start over with a clean one lol.

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the boot.cfg from first post here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Edit it with notepad++ if you need to.

Should look something like this

boot_config :
{
timeout = 3;
autobootfix = 2;
recovery = 2;
default = 0;
entries = (
{
title = "Reinand";
path = "/reinand.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Cakes";
path = "/cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}, {
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/bhbl.3dsx";
} );
};

Replace cakes.dat with rxtools.dat or however rxtools names it.

thank you so much , turns out i had it correct but i did what the guy said below you and i copied it from the pc and deleted the old verison, now it works fine with about 85% boot rate, i have another question do i need to install gbas to both sysnand and emunand to play on reinand

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much , turns out i had it correct but i did what the guy said below you and i copied it from the pc and deleted the old verison, now it works fine with about 85% boot rate, i have another question do i need to install gbas to both sysnand and emunand to play on reinand

gba and dsiware games will always have to be installed to both emunand and sysnand to be played. In addition, if you are wanting to play custom injected GBA games (ones other than the ten Ambassador games) you will need to install the patched agb_firm to both your sysnand and emunand as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, We've had so many heavy storms this week.