Hacking Region Free Cart Loading with EmuNAND No flashcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I assume entering DS mode will reset this or do I completely lose the ability to play DSi and GBA ambassador games?
You can still play those on the regular NAND, but you will have to run the hack .nds file again afterwards, I think. I don't think you can run them on the emuNAND. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The title might be a bit misleading or I am not getting it right. We can use EmuNAND without a Gateway flashcard now? And do you need to install the exploit every time you boot or is it permanent?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title might be a bit misleading or I am not getting it right. We can use EmuNAND without a Gateway flashcard now? And do you need to install the exploit every time you boot or is it permanent?

You could always use EmuNand without a flash card. All this does is allow you to play retail games from any region.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nope run a standard DS game and it resets to default, so buying dsi ware or stuff on emunand is a no no as you can't play it on system nand even if you remove the exploit, and it just doesn't work on emunand. So nobody should buy any dsi software or transfer ambassador games to a console relying on the exploit

The exploit stays on the console permanently until you run any DS software, although you do actually need a standard DS card so actually it is a lil bit misleading although technically they did say without the need for flashcards

xextil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this method load games that requires a firm higher than 4.5? Or it's necessary emuNAND for that?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this method load games that requires a firm higher than 4.5? Or it's necessary emuNAND for that?

Please read what this does.

It's almost as though someone told you this is a red apple and you still had to ask if the apple is purple.

To answer your question. No. You still need emunand. This is just a method of region freeing a 4.5 3ds

Theconejo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this on kotaku just now too.

I am going to wager that this day is a sort of cataclysm to the 3ds scene. I know the region lock has been covered by a bunch of these gaming news outlets. Now that it's somewhat circumvented and really made public, with all this press, the chances of finding a 4.5 will plummet and the chances people start looking for other exploits will go up(hopeful).

Might be a bad day for Nintendo... Or they might just open it up(hopeful)

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you could always use emunand without the gateway. all you need is the launcher

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Also some information for people

this Makes the Console Region Free and Spoofs the Frimware and uses Higher SDK patches

so it will play the 5.0+ SDK Games (Zelda LBW and Batman etc) without the need for EmuNAND

the only reason to use the EmuNAND is to be able to use the Nintendo Network, E-shop and MiiPlaza

Reactions: cearp

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Also some information for people

this Makes the Console Region Free and Spoofs the Frimware and uses Higher SDK patches

so it will play the 5.0+ SDK Games (Zelda LBW and Batman etc) without the need for EmuNAND

the only reason to use the EmuNAND is to be able to use the Nintendo Network, E-shop and MiiPlaza

That's is an interesting bit of news. S this while being a region free patch also comes with firmware spoofing and higher sdk patch?

What about pokemon x retail? Will there be save file issues?

Reactions: gamefan5

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well you can either just continue playing it on that 3DS then or you can always start again

Which defeats the purpose of me getting another 3ds if I have to keep one still.

Still waiting to see if there is any developments on this front. Maybe if gw get nand based games working there might be a related fix for save file corruption issues.

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Which defeats the purpose of me getting another 3ds if I have to keep one still.

Still waiting to see if there is any developments on this front. Maybe if gw get nand based games working there might be a related fix for save file corruption issues.

well this is updatable
if the 6.0 KeyY is fixed then will sort getting it working on this

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well this is updatable
if the 6.0 KeyY is fixed then will sort getting it working on this

I'm wondering if the following might be a possible stop gap solution.

Is there anyway we can convert the save files using a USB cart reader?

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'm wondering if the following might be a possible stop gap solution.

Is there anyway we can convert the save files using a USB cart reader?

no because USB readers read the Save Chip, for Pokemon and Animal Crossing they use the game Rom Chip
Pokemon being the only 1 of the 2 that uses 6.0 KeyY tho

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
no because USB readers read the Save Chip, for Pokemon and Animal Crossing they use the game Rom Chip
Pokemon being the only 1 of the 2 that uses 6.0 KeyY tho

So the only real solution would be to somehow do a backwards port of 6.0 KeyY which is basically very improbable.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its not like that, it cant just be ported in, it might not even be feasible for a long while

In order to generate 6.0.0+ savedata, a KeyY initialized by the NATIVE_FIRM version 10833 or newer is used. That key is initialized using a RSA keyslot, itself initialized by the bootrom.
The RSA keyslot is cleared when a CXI is loaded, this means that on a system where an older revision of NATIVE_FIRM was loaded by the bootrom, the keyY keyslot isn't loaded and the key required to generate the final KeyY stored in the RSA keyslot has been cleared long before your own code is running (therefore, long before 6.0.0+ NATIVE_FIRM is running from emuNAND)

This means the KeyY used on emuNAND 6.0.0. NATIVE_FIRM to generate the new 6.0.0+ savedata will always be different to the one used on 6.0.0 NATIVE_FIRM run from sysNAND. There is nothing, short of running code on a live 6.0.0. system BEFORE a CXI is loaded (this means early in the boot process), that can get you the real key.

Drake008

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, so now we need to know how to use that on a updated 3DS and not the ones with lower firmware. Has there been any progress? What would be needed to get into the system with say the actual FW on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps