Hi all!

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all!
I'm completly "new" to the world of Nintendo DS, but I very aware of the wii/wiiU world of homebrews , I just had a 2DS with a R4 SDHC of 2021...I don't even know how to launch games on it! ^^ (I suppose it like the wii)
What I've done: I formated a micro sd to fat 32 cluster 32 and put the file from the site of r4isdhc on the sdd card.
Questions, what shall I do next? Is that enough to hack my nintendo 2DS device and launch games in *.3ds format? Does the card can launch other files?
Can I do homebrews? For the moment, I'm a complete JERK on this new device for me, I haven't or won't even play it, it's for a little girl so please if you can help me get the maximum out of it.
Can someone tell me about the definite apps list of good software for it like I know of on the Wiiu? (or give me a link)
What you can do out of it and what are the good thing to know about this device that is a completly different from a wii or wiiU? The only thing i've search for now, is all futur emus that could be use on it, but for the moment, I don't even know how to load/install them ^^
Thanks in advance.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks groo, but for the moment, there are plenty of things I don't know when reading your guide.I don't even know what are boot9strap, Luma3DS , I need a bit of some basics, if I can get the latest firmware of the 2DS (store still opened?) , how to know you firmware on the console (just found out!), if it's better to have an old 2DS or a new 3DS/2DS (what's the difference, only size of screen?) I'm on 11.3.0.36E, shall I connect to internet to update? (thx Hayato213!) need basic help like I would give someone on wii/wiiu.

gamefan128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks groo, but for the moment, there are plenty of things I don't know when reading your guide.I don't even know what are boot9strap, Luma3DS , I need a bit of some basics, if I can get the latest firmware of the 2DS (store still opened?) , how to know you firmware on the console (just found out!), if it's better to have an old 2DS or a new 3DS/2DS (what's the difference, only size of screen?) I'm on 11.3.0.36E, shall I connect to internet to update?
Don’t update right now, here are the instructions for your version: https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks groo, but for the moment, there are plenty of things I don't know when reading your guide.I don't even know what are boot9strap, Luma3DS , I need a bit of some basics, if I can get the latest firmware of the 2DS (store still opened?) , how to know you firmware on the console (just found out!), if it's better to have an old 2DS or a new 3DS/2DS (what's the difference, only size of screen?) I'm on 11.3.0.36E, shall I connect to internet to update? (thx Hayato213!) need basic help like I would give someone on wii/wiiu.

You can use soundhax as suggested.

As for What boot9strap is it is a modified firmware that make use of sighax and a vulnerability in the console's NDMA engine to gain code execution on the ARM9 BootROM (Boot9).

Luma3ds it is a program to patch the system software of (New) Nintendo (2)3DS handheld consoles "on the fly", adding features such as per-game language settings, debugging capabilities for developers, and removing restrictions enforced by Nintendo such as the region lock.

The 3DS line has 3D where 2DS line has no 3D feature, as for screen wise New 2DS XL has bigger screen than 2DS.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ha ok Hayato,, I tought it was "directly" usable whereas it's not, are some functions directly useable?
Can I play 3DS games (*.3ds) with that 2DS console with that card?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmmm....I've done the tutorial, but mislead something "For the purpose of this guide, leave these options on the default settings (do not check or uncheck anything)"=> I've check some option and saved....How can I go back and deselect two options I have selected? Also, does this really matter?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

gamefan128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm....I've done the tutorial, but mislead something "For the purpose of this guide, leave these options on the default settings (do not check or uncheck anything)"=> I've check some option and saved....How can I go back and deselect two options I have selected? Also, does this really matter? Must go to bed....5 oclock30 where I am ^^
turn your 2DS off. Then turn it on again while holding SELECT.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

groogamer, it worked, but you didn't stated perfectly right, wasn't working, the true phrase would be "maintain select THEN turn it on ", it should be stated like this, at least for 2DS

Post automatically merged:

I'm at the end....SUCCESS, SETUP complete! Thanks for the links!! What should I install or do Now?
Can someone indicate me essential/Best homebrew on 3DS? or give me a good link on the forum?
Post automatically merged:

I have a R4 Flashcard RTS LITE (silver) 2021, and despite I update from the site with the latest update, despite installation of the recommended hack from here, the card doesn't work.
It is the R4(i) SDHC but old site seems down www.r4isdhc.com now r4i-sdhc.com
I got the information: Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot.

I have a 2DS, what is the story about the sleep switch for ntrboot?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto