Hacking Region Free Cart Loading with EmuNAND No flashcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for someone to write up a step-by-step tutorial of how to do this? I'm willing to write one up myself but I don't know where to find all this information needed to write it up.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would it be possible for someone to write up a step-by-step tutorial of how to do this? I'm willing to write one up myself but I don't know where to find all this information needed to write it up.
1. Download file
2. Copy GW's launcher.dat into the same folder as the *.exe
3. Start the *.exe. It should show "file patched successfully"
4. Copy the Launcher.dat into the Root of your microSD card
5. Install the Exploit (with the GW_INSTALLER.NDS)
6. Now you can go to Settings -> General Settings -> User settings -> DS profile
7. Your 3DS is region free

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download file
2. Copy GW's launcher.dat into the same folder as the *.exe
3. Start the *.exe. It should show "file patched successfully"
4. Copy the Launcher.dat into the Root of your microSD card
5. Install the Exploit (with the GW_INSTALLER.NDS)
6. Now you can go to Settings -> General Settings -> User settings -> DS profile
7. Your 3DS is region free

Thank You. One last question: The Gateway instruction manual mentions "repeat on DS Mode Entry" when running GW_INSTALLER. Does this mean we have to re-run the installer on every time we use DS mode?

Pong20302000: I assume this "patch" can be made for Mac and *nix systems since it just patches hex values right?

PS Can we make mention of where you can find the needed Gateway files or does go against the rule?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah running any ds software removes the profile exploit

Also worth noting

Ds games will not work in emunand, and neither will dsi downloadable games, or the gba ambassador games

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank You. One last question: The Gateway instruction manual mentions "repeat on DS Mode Entry" when running GW_INSTALLER. Does this mean we have to re-run the installer on every time we use DS mode?

Pong20302000: I assume this "patch" can be made for Mac and *nix systems since it just patches hex values right?

PS Can we make mention of where you can find the needed Gateway files or does go against the rule?
You can download the Gateway files from the official website in the downloads section. A direct link is not allowed.

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a JP NDSi and was hoping to transfer the DSiWare to my PAL 3DS XL, any chance this hex or any easy hex to come to make that happen?
(just base on current exploits, not hoping some miracle to happen in near future)
Thank you

I assume this is not possible with this hex?

PyroJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a JP NDSi and was hoping to transfer the DSiWare to my PAL 3DS XL, any chance this hex or any easy hex to come to make that happen?
(just base on current exploits, not hoping some miracle to happen in near future)
Thank you
I would like to know this as well. I have a Japanese DSi and a US 3DS XL and I would love to transfer over the DSiWare that I purchased.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I assume this is not possible with this hex?
no, can't be done, at least yet, but don't get your hopes up, system transfer has to go through nintendo and their servers, probably very hard to do if it is possible...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to know this as well. I have a Japanese DSi and a US 3DS XL and I would love to transfer over the DSiWare that I purchased.
No.
Thank you
No.
Does this work on consoles higher than 4.5?

i read this and lol'ed. Dumb blog pages always messing up news and saying inaccurate stuff. (Page is in spanish)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/mt-card-maybe-the-first-3ds-multi-rom-flash-card.359404/
No.

Dashing hopes and dreams since 2010

Anyone know if online works in games with this?
Yes, unless the game requires a patch to play online like Monster Hunter 4. Because the eShop is region locked, you won't be able to download the patch.

Reactions: cearp and gamefan5

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
OK, my 3ds is Region Free now, my question is: Can i update my 3ds to 7.1.0 and still will be Region Free?

follow the Gateway instructions to use the EmuNAND, note it will wipe your SD card data so copy the files to a computer and then copy them back after you have it all setup

Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah running any ds software removes the profile exploit

Also worth noting

Ds games will not work in emunand, and neither will dsi downloadable games, or the gba ambassador games

I assume entering DS mode will reset this or do I completely lose the ability to play DSi and GBA ambassador games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo