Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes. But this is not related at all. Playing retail carts on emunand already has online features working. My guess.. Retail carts probably have some serial number which is why roms can't play online yet.

To me it doesn't really matter, as long as I can play MH4 on its original cart and online without the need of a japanese 3DS I'm happy to go...

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
To me it doesn't really matter, as long as I can play MH4 on its original cart and online without the need of a japanese 3DS I'm happy to go...

It would matter if the game in question is a nand based title. The save files will not be compatible on non emunand devices. Emunand while promising so far is not necessarily a permanent solution. If someone Nintendo blocks it, your hard work save games will be as good as gone.

rev52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those were my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible. MH4 requires a version 1.1 patch only found on the Japanese eshop. The eshop is region locked and the patch is needed in order to play online. In other words, US emunand wont be able to access the patch, meaning that there is no online gameplay either.

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So am I right to assume that even if Gateway or other carts got online to miraculously work, games that are of different region that needs patching still wouldn't work as it'd be unable to get the patch from the eShop from its region, right?

If so, then I guess no matter what happens, if you want to play MH4 online IT'S IMPOSSIBLE unless you just buy a Japanese 3ds and the retail cart.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So am I right to assume that even if Gateway or other carts got online to miraculously work, games that are of different region that needs patching still wouldn't work as it'd be unable to get the patch from the eShop from its region, right?

If so, then I guess no matter what happens, if you want to play MH4 online IT'S IMPOSSIBLE unless you just buy a Japanese 3ds and the retail cart.

Sounds like the best solution right now is to get a 4.5 Japanese 3ds. Now there is region free retail cart compatibility. All that is required to be fixed is the emunand and nand based retail games related save corruption fix.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
Sounds like the best solution right now is to get a 4.5 Japanese 3ds. Now there is region free retail cart compatibility. All that is required to be fixed is the emunand and nand based retail games related save corruption fix.

darn. Before I got a gateway compatible 3ds I assumed the emunand classic mode already had region free... and did not expect 3ds games to have online patches for online play.
Here's to hoping we can install japanese fw in the emunand in the future then.

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm like 7 hours in MH4, just realizing that I won't ever get to play online since I'm not buying a Japanese 3ds, I'm beginning to wonder if I should just go play mh3u instead.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
I'm like 7 hours in MH4, just realizing that I won't ever get to play online since I'm not buying a Japanese 3ds, I'm beginning to wonder if I should just go play mh3u instead.

haha I'm in the same boat just a bit further, 10 hours in. I'm done with mh3u though (retail cart).
I wonder if xlink kai works with mh4 since local wireless won't need the online patch.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's to hoping we can install japanese fw in the emunand in the future then.

Not going to happen. Emunand works by downloading the official firmware specific to your region and installed it in a special partition with modifications. There is no way your EU/US 3ds will be able to access Japanese fw

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
not impossible, i'm sure we will be able to access the shops of other regions in the future, or, if not, that the update patches will get 'dumped' and be able to copied to another 3ds.
but sure, not yet... but these things are hardly far fetched :) let's wait!

Not going to happen. Emunand works by downloading the official firmware specific to your region and installed it in a special partition with modifications. There is no way your EU/US 3ds will be able to access Japanese fw
so you know without a doubt, with 100% certainty that we will never be able to run, spoof, fake etc, a different region/firmware to our 3ds nand, or emunand?
how do you know this? what other things will not happen? what things will happen? :)

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
not impossible, i'm sure we will be able to access the shops of other regions in the future, or, if not, that the update patches will get 'dumped' and be able to copied to another 3ds.
but sure, not yet... but these things are hardly far fetched :) let's wait!

It is rather far fetched. Having nand games support, cheats support and even online support is just a matter of time. But changing region of your device? It's as likely as pigs flying. That being said, I'm sure geneticist will someday give pigs wings so we can have buffalo pork wings or something.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the main problem now with changing the eShop region is the stupid NNID; before of this forced feature, it still seemed plausible. The eShop content seems to be determined by country and not by region, even if the content of the eShops within the same region is similar.

If the servers actually don't try to match the 3DS serial with the intended region of the device, but only the set country, then it would have been possible to add countries unavailable in the region of a determined 3DS (and maybe the region itself as well) by patching the firmware and get access to a eShop of a different region.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I think the main problem now with changing the eShop region is the stupid NNID; before of this forced feature, it still seemed plausible. The eShop content seems to be determined by country and not by region, even if the content of the eShops within the same region is similar.

If the servers actually don't try to match the 3DS serial with the intended region of the device, but only the set country, then it would have been possible to add countries unavailable in the region of a determined 3DS (and maybe the region itself as well) by patching the firmware and get access to a eShop of a different region.

the E-shop is determined by the Software
only way to get access to the other E-shops is to change the App in the NAND Image

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
That's even more simpler, but I think the country set in the system or in the NNID is still involved as well.

nope

if you run the Digimon Re Digitized
it tells you there is a update on the E-shop available for download and tells you i t can download using the E-shop
but if you are region spoofing it still opens the E-shop but says its not available on the E-shop

meaning its purely the E-shop application controlling what its connecting to

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It is rather far fetched. Having nand games support, cheats support and even online support is just a matter of time. But changing region of your device? It's as likely as pigs flying. That being said, I'm sure geneticist will someday give pigs wings so we can have buffalo pork wings or something.

it's not like people are talking about running android on the 3ds... something like that would take months and months, it would be horrible to make happen haha :)
but if you really think that the chances of anyone being able to change the region, fake it, accessing other shops etc is so miniscule then... you must be a pessimist (i guess you will say realist lol...) did you think the 3ds would not get hacked? or, did you adamantly say 'this will not happen etc etc, pig flying etc' until it actually did happen?
even when gateway was announced, people still were shouting fake... people said usb gc loading on wii would never happen, that ps3 would not get hacked... it goes on.
are you worried about looking stupid if something turns out not true? you think people are going to laugh at you and say 'oh, it's that guy who thought 3ds would get custom these in a year, lol, what an idiot'? or you think they are going to say 'oh yeah, that guys says everything is fake or that it probably won't happen, nothing gets past him, he's really clever'

crazy to compare something like this to pigs flying...

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it's not like people are talking about running android on the 3ds

.... Drivel... More drivel...

crazy to compare something like this to pigs flying...

It's a separate thing to have your beliefs. It's another to state your beliefs as a fact. I'm just dismissing your statement as it is pure speculation worded to seem like it is a fact that it will happen. You should assume that given time it will happen. I'll like to see entropy stop increasing in the universe but based on the law of classical physics, This won't happen.

It's another thing to make assumptions based on the current available information. Currently based on what we understand about the 3ds and regional settings, your statements will not happen. Firmware updating had server authentication which is extremely hard to bypass. Look at pc online gaming for an example.

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a JP NDSi and was hoping to transfer the DSiWare to my PAL 3DS XL, any chance this hex or any easy hex to come to make that happen?
(just base on current exploits, not hoping some miracle to happen in near future)
Thank you

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.