Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hint videos aren't even videos. They are just mario going through a series of button strokes, bla bla. Kinda of how Brawl's replays work.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, theres no "videos" stored on the disk... its more or less a level that loads with a file that tells mario's character to press A, A, B, Over, Jump, etc... it's slightly more complicated then that, but thats the best way i can explain it to be understandable.

On a side note, the Newer team are going to try to look into a way to edit these, which will quite likely involve a small app to record botton presses. But as of now it is something that is Very much on the low priorities list.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brawl Replays, Mario Kart Ghosts, NSMBW Hint Videos, they're all the same thing in concept right?

But those hint videos, some of them are FREAKING INSANE, they're literally tool assisted speedruns sometimes.

Jose_Gallardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The word you guys are looking for here is Algorithm.

A set of algorithms tells the game how to play. If anyone here has or can use ocarina/gecko os codes, try using the Moonjump code on one of the Hint videos. Making Mario jump just once during one of the hint vids equals hilarious Super Guide FAIL.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
The hint movies are all recorded keystrokes from the Super Mario Club’s best players. This was detailed in a segment of ‘Ask Iwata’. There are no tool assisted runs.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TempusC said:
The hint movies are all recorded keystrokes from the Super Mario Club’s best players. This was detailed in a segment of ‘Ask Iwata’. There are no tool assisted runs.
Yeah, yet the format makes zero sense to me.
frown.gif
I need to look for the game's code dealing with it, but I've been too busy working on Reggie.

Also, uploading new test builds on my connection sucks. The Windows version alone is 17.4mb zipped. And I just may have released RC1 to testers about half an hour ago.
wink.gif

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. There's an invisible set of controllers that sets things like the Auto-scroller's path, the block train's course, and when the water rises on the stage with the flashlight raft. We're having a bit of trouble coming up with a consistent name for them, and figured we'd ask the user.

Paths
Rails
Tracks

Are what we've narrowed it down to. Which one would you like to see these points called?

A note about how they work - they are sets of X/Y/Speed/Accel points assigned to a numbered ID and in a fixed order. 1->2, 2->3, 3->4, etc.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
We've been spending 25 minutes in the IRC channel doing nothing but arguing about the name. I think that's more than a "bit of trouble".
frown.gif

By the way, I vote for paths.

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paths
since pathways sound like the something you find in castle 2
and you already have tracks (Im talking about the roller coaster in one bowser level)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1