Status
Not open for further replies.

SomariHater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
Yes, and Reggie! was fully working approximately 3 hours after ISO release (5 minutes or so after Treeki got the game, since his editor for NSMB DS was already mostly working with it due to similarities).

Is it just me, or is this hard to believe? I think it's unfortunate that the cat got out of the bag so early. A lot of the hype (in the positive sense) is dying down.

I know, personally, that software development is very time consuming, and I understand that you want to have an error free, feature-rich, perfect software.

However, I would recommend that you focus on the features you already have implemented and get them working relatively well. Most users will enjoy basic functionality that will allow them to create levels with a ground, some enemies, some blocks, and some question blocks, and they won't mind the occasional minor bug (unless it causes them to lose all their work). The more advanced features would be good additions to later versions of the program.

Every last sprite and feature isn't necessary for a first release. I hope you don't fall victim to function creep and never get to release.

Anyway, good luck on your project. I'll be happy to use your software once it is completed to your satisfaction.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
SomariHater said:
Sonicandtails said:
Yes, and Reggie! was fully working approximately 3 hours after ISO release (5 minutes or so after Treeki got the game, since his editor for NSMB DS was already mostly working with it due to similarities).

Is it just me, or is this hard to believe? I think it's unfortunate that the cat got out of the bag so early. A lot of the hype (in the positive sense) is dying down.

I know, personally, that software development is very time consuming, and I understand that you want to have an error free, feature-rich, perfect software.

However, I would recommend that you focus on the features you already have implemented and get them working relatively well. Most users will enjoy basic functionality that will allow them to create levels with a ground, some enemies, some blocks, and some question blocks, and they won't mind the occasional minor bug (unless it causes them to lose all their work). The more advanced features would be good additions to later versions of the program.

Every last sprite and feature isn't necessary for a first release. I hope you don't fall victim to function creep and never get to release.

Anyway, good luck on your project. I'll be happy to use your software once it is completed to your satisfaction.

You guys don't know how much Reggie has improved in the last month, because of 'adding features'.
Not only are features added, but the ones implemented are being perfected. For example, in Beta 8, you had to manually increase zone's size. Now, you can simply drag the zone. Makes the job thousand times easier.
Please just be patient, it'll be out really shortly.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Douglas Hartree: “The time from now until the completion of the project tends to become constant.”

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fat D said:
Douglas Hartree: “The time from now until the completion of the project tends to become constant.”

release date = 9

It'll always be 9 days from release, no matter what day we are.

Lulz I love algebra.
biggrin.gif

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BulletBillTime said:
Fat D said:

release date = 9

It'll always be 9 days from release, no matter what day we are.

Lulz I love algebra.
biggrin.gif
Better yet, stick on the first page "Reggie will be released tomorrow".
It'll read "tomorrow" till Reggie's official release
rolleyes.gif

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
alright then lets just close this thread
it is Not dead... They are still working on it... No updates because bugfixes aren't really anything to update about... Just imagine if Treeki updated every time he fixed a bug or every time he fixed 10 bugs? This thread would be cluttered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof