Status
Not open for further replies.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Hey guys! I'm going to announce the development of my editor for New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Remember Tanks's video of SMB 1-1 in NSMBWii? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=190428 - Well, that was done with a prerelease version of Reggie.

I was keeping it under wraps for now, but seeing as I've been beaten to the punch, I may as well announce it - Reggie! is a fully featured level editor for NSMBWii which allows editing of most level features, with support for more being added.

- Object Editing: Reggie fully renders levels just like they look in the real game. All tilesets are supported. You can show/hide layers and completely edit the layout of a level. Screenshot: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/screenshots/romh...gie-objects.png

- Sprite Editing: Reggie shows all sprites in a level along with their numbers. While they haven't all been identified yet, there's a handy "Known Sprites" list which keeps track of the ones you know about. Screenshot: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/screenshots/romh...gie-sprites.png

- Block Editor: Analyse and edit unknown parts of the level format in a handy hex editor interface which just shows you the data for one particular section. (No screenshot right now)

- Coming Soon: I'm working on figuring out the data for entrances and views (which should allow us to fully customise levels and create anything which we want) and other things.

No release yet, but it's coming! There's also more I haven't shown yet..
tongue.gif

[Edit: I've noticed that Reggie is being linked to by a bunch of blogs. Thanks for covering us guys
biggrin.gif
A lot of you though have mentioned that Reggie only works on emulators. This isn't true - it works on real consoles by editing the disc image, and we're looking at a solution which will allow modded levels to play using an original copy of the game (where no piracy is involved).]

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll believe it when I see it (lul, just kidding).

We got first release
wink.gif

Epic GUI, though! I can't wait to try your release. If you'd like help interpreting entry points, stop by Game-Hackers.com. I don't really want to make a competition out of this, and I think it's better for the community if it is a collaborative effort.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the stuff we've also got info for include:

- HUD editing
- World Map editing
- Menu and Char select screen editing
- Music replacement
etc...

Whether or not any of it makes in into the editor is up to Treeki. There are still more special features to this too (but secret).

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
i place my bets on this one due to the author has taken longer to annonce it and that the author has described the program in more detail

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats funny i just posted in tanooki thread about making a graphical interface and then i see this, this should be awesome, i can see there will be many MANY nsmbw hacks out there, kind of like guitar hero.

it would be cool to try to remake smb, smb2 (japan version of course) smw etc...i would take a copy of each on my hdd

will the edited arc files be distributable (ie on this forum) to inject on our own?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not 100% sure about this. I think it would be illegal to distribute the files from the disc since they are obviously Nintendo's files. Copyright?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
I am not 100% sure about this. I think it would be illegal to distribute the files from the disc since they are obviously Nintendo's files. Copyright?
most definitely

but who doesnt have an ISO image of NSMB?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
Ideally it could be implemented via Ocarina codes.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Oh snap, competition! Start placing your bets on who will come out on top, folks!

We had a release ready one day before the release of the game in Australia. Why did we hold back? Well, for epic obviously. You'll see once we polish the thing off... Let's just say this goes beyond the 'game disk' itself.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
what there's 2 editors this and Tanooki ?!
Yes, and Reggie! was fully working approximately 3 hours after ISO release (5 minutes or so after Treeki got the game, since his editor for NSMB DS was already mostly working with it due to similarities).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
like other have said, it would be illegal to pass around the arc files. but that would be teh best legal way to pass around levels is just make a patcher. it would work just like the cIOS installer does. it looks for a arc file that the user already has, and then applies the custom patch to it to change the level around.

cluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

I reckon this is cool.

Is it possible to;
- Add a music editor, like convert mp3 to brstm. I think ther are tools from SSBB.
- Add like in Mario 2, the vegetables, since mario can pick up and throw. The only thing missing from the predecessor games.

Thanks.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
I know the intent to make a more enhanced editor WILL come when virus is on the job look at ACtoolKit
wink.gif
but thew read me has info on the "coming soon" feature list...

QUOTE said:
Tanooki - New! Super Mario Bros. Wii Level Editor
Version 0.1 BETA

Created by Virus and Vash
www.Game-Hackers.com

Features:
-Interactive level render
-Edit item types and location
-Change player start position
-Detailed item list

Coming Soon:
-Ground editor
-Block editor
-Warp pipe editor
-Complete item list
-Color-coded render
-GeckOS code generator

Usage:
-Load stage ARC file (ie. 01-01.arc) directly from the ISO image.
(Partition 2 > ROOT > Stage)
-Tanooki will ask you which Course file to open from the archive.
-Edit the level to your liking, File > Save, and Tanooki will export a new ARC.
-Replace the ARC in the ISO image and enjoy!

U8 Compiler created by Crediar
Un8 Decompiler created by Virus

Special Thanks to Maniac, WiiFan420, and the Game-Hackers community!

*NOTICE* We do not endorse piracy or the use of illegal ISO image backups.
This project was created strictly for experimental and educational purposes.
You use it at your own risk and we are not liable for any damages.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
We can EASILY replicate those levels with this tool and it looks to MUCH more user friendly than tanookie even!
ohmy.gif

reggie-objects.png

personally i welcome any of these because if they are released we can make IPS patches and SHARE THEM LEGIT of say a Super Mario World Mod
wink.gif
it might take a bit of time but could DEF be "replicated" to an extent
smile.gif
(if we could texture edit or EXTRACT TO PNG say a TILE then replace it that would make for MUCH more creative mods and replay value like the N64 Mario mods
smile.gif
the next thing we could really make use of for this is the texture editing
smile.gif
heres hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...