Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm quite interessted. I also thought yesterday, how long it may take, until a level editor will come up; just remembering the times where SMB (NES) level editors came up, or when Lunar Magic was released.

LaZiR01

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would like to see a wii version of this editor.
That would be fantastic
yay.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing

At first I tohught it would be good if the 2 were combined, but maybe a little competition is healthy
smile.gif

The Wii hacking scene is superb just now.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Fixed the link to the screenshot of sprite editing. Sorry about that guys; I posted this thread at 6am and took the screenshot and forgot to upload it.
tongue.gif

giantpune said:
like other have said, it would be illegal to pass around the arc files. but that would be teh best legal way to pass around levels is just make a patcher. it would work just like the cIOS installer does. it looks for a arc file that the user already has, and then applies the custom patch to it to change the level around.
So what happens if you completely create a new level? Is it still "Nintendo's data"?
I think it's a grey area, but honestly, I wouldn't consider level files as illegal. They're very small (the biggest one is less than 32kb) and are easily modifiable with the editor. In fact - if you take a level and fully modify it, would it still be considered copyrighted?

QUOTE(vettacossx @ Nov 16 2009, 09:27 AM) personally i welcome any of these because if they are released we can make IPS patches and SHARE THEM LEGIT of say a Super Mario World Mod
wink.gif
it might take a bit of time but could DEF be "replicated" to an extent
smile.gif
(if we could texture edit or EXTRACT TO PNG say a TILE then replace it that would make for MUCH more creative mods and replay value like the N64 Mario mods
smile.gif
the next thing we could really make use of for this is the texture editing
smile.gif
heres hoping!
Full tileset editing is in the works - once it's done, you'll be able to create your own tilesets with custom graphics. The format is similar to NSMB DS so it's not hard to do - it's just a matter of grabbing the DS editor's tileset editor and modifying it to work here.

Right now I'm working on figuring out the format for entrances/exits (similar to NSMB DS but not exactly the same). I also need to finish listing all the levels and implement the Data Finder which should allow me to analyse the game's data far more easily.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
LaZiR01 said:
Are you going to release the source of this project in svn as you did with the ds one?
Unsure yet. I most likely will release it as open source, but I'm not going to be making a public binary or source release until I have more completed.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is if they remake Super Mario Bros. 3 or World how are they going to make up for the raccoon suit, the feather, warp zones (whistle), or the world map?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends and I were wondering if there would be something like Lunar Magic made but for these new ones. We didn't know someone would work on it this quickly.

Either way, pretty cool. I wonder what the community at smwcentral.net would say about this.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
My question is if they remake Super Mario Bros. 3 or World how are they going to make up for the raccoon suit, the feather, warp zones (whistle), or the world map?

Here's an idea! An NSMB DS remake! EH? EH? ... Too early, right?
frown.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Slimmmmmm said:
Amazing

At first I tohught it would be good if the 2 were combined, but maybe a little competition is healthy
smile.gif

The Wii hacking scene is superb just now.
If you forget about the Drama, then I agree
tongue.gif

Anyways, this is realy awesome, and will make the Replay-Value go into the Sky..I just finished NSMBW, so this is needed already
tongue.gif
! Now let's hope TranslatIOS is soon finished, and the party can start
grog.gif
!

Great work @the Devs!

luigiman1928

Most original Custom Title
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Treeki. You did it again! Just as i come for the ISO of the Game i find that you made a Level editor for it! W00T! Would this freeze online? Custom level with, non-custom level?

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
luigiman1928 said:
Wow Treeki. You did it again! Just as i come for the ISO of the Game i find that you made a Level editor for it! W00T! Would this freeze online? Custom level with, non-custom level?
There is no online in NSMBW

Posts merged

QUOTE(luigiman1928 @ Nov 16 2009, 04:59 PM) Wow Treeki. You did it again! Just as i come for the ISO of the Game i find that you made a Level editor for it! W00T! Would this freeze online? Custom level with, non-custom level?
There is no online in NSMBW

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I am not 100% sure about this. I think it would be illegal to distribute the files from the disc since they are obviously Nintendo's files. Copyright?

we can use IPS like patch to distribute mods with out any LEGAL repercussions
wink.gif
JUST LIKE ANY HACKED ROM some tools DO have iso support for IPS patching i know that for a fact
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1