Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vashgs

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Especially for the author of the DS editor (ehem).

2. Tanks

Tanks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Save the pot shots, bud. Either you put up (make a better editor than us) or shut up. We're willing to work on our editor in peace, but we expect you to do likewise with yours. I will contact the admins if you continue this. Yes, I know them well enough to know they will side with us if you carry on with this attitude. Now grow some balls and code or get out. We hold all posters here to high standards and we don't appreciate it when someone like you, whom we thought could be respected as something of a rival, can't even act like a proper gentleman.

With that said, I would like to say that competition is a fine thing for this project. Tanooki certainly put us on our toes for a moment. The thought of vashgs continuing to code his editor is pushing us forward at a much faster pace than we were originally going at. Because of this competition, we strive to make Reggie! the best editor we possibly can for your NSMBWii hacking needs. Please bare with us as we're still polishing it up. Even though the screens and videos may look beautiful, we know there are a few things missing that must be added and will be done so as soon as possible. If you really need to get your hacking fix, feel free to check out Tanooki, but I assure you, Reggie! is much further along and has what we feel to be a better method of Wii playability in the works.

3. vashgs

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

United States

That wasn't intended to be offensive at all [​IMG] I've promoted your editor (as it looks incredible) countless times in the Tanooki topic. I'm sorry you misunderstood my post. It was simply a joke. Nothing more.

4. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    New Super Mario Frustration Wii anyone? heh

5. Tagg7

Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just want to say that the editor looks fantastic and I simply cannot wait to make some cool Yoshi levels. [​IMG] And please don't kill yourselves trying to get it out quick - we can wait patiently. [​IMG]

6. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    It's kinda weird how people want to recreate most of the well-known hacks on NSMBWii.

Will the first version released be able to change everything?

BTW: There's no Mega Mushroom in this game. So anybody wishing to recreate the original NSMB's levels will have to improvise.

7. bobsgame

bobsgame Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    REGGIE!

8. jackdanielchan

jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Now, before we get ahead of ourselves here, I think we should maybe just list as what we cannot encorporate into certain levels, such as having Yoshi's underwater or in castles (there's no entering door animation, and victory animation for defeating a boss)...

9. huh123

huh123 Member
    Newcomer

Let me fix that for you my friend:
    [​IMG]

Also, I thought the first shroom in the video was suppose to be the bottom block on the left?

10. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well yeah, I know Treeki is. I was just curious, I'd have a feeling it was similar. Why should Nintendo reinvent the wheel on the level format?

11. Tanks

Tanks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Uh oh. We've been caught! PLEASE HAVE MERCY, BOB! D:

12. Chanser

Chanser :o

Monaco
  13. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    The screens already make it look like a modern Lunar. I'm looking forward to hunkering down and making some good old fashioned ROM hacks. It's probably won't be as simple as a texture hack and a model swap to play as Wario etc but I'm looking forward to some original levels.

Tanks, that avatar's familiar but the name isn't. Did you used to have another handle?

14. Sonicandtails

Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You've probably seen him on Jul/Retro at some point, but under the same name.

15. Tanks

Tanks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yo Heran. You recognize the avatar because it was on the old Sonic Cult site under Sonic Crackers. I used it back on Acmlm's Incarnation III. Don't worry, I remember you from the old rom hack sites. You've got one of those 'household names.' [​IMG]

And nope, I've always been Tanks just about everywhere from Jul, to here, to S2Beta, to Acmlm's, to Sonic Retro, to... I dunno' how many places now... [​IMG]

16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
  17. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

New Zealand
    Does the super guide thing work with custom levels?

18. Kwartel

Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    I think that will give problems!

19. pzyro

pzyro Member
    Newcomer

can someone make an ips patcher that patches directly to an iso on a wbfs drive? [​IMG]

20. Anorhc

Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Um, don't IPS patches apply to ROMs only?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - NSMBWii, Reggie, Editor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.