Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
Hey FirePhoenix, would it be possible for you to share the .arc file of the remake of 1-1 (NES game) so I can scrub it in and check it out while I wait for Reggie!? (sorry if you're not the one who made this...I'm not exactly sure who that was)
I'm not the one who made that, sorry.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sonicandtails said:
Bladexdsl said:
what there's 2 editors this and Tanooki ?!
Yes, and Reggie! was fully working approximately 3 hours after ISO release (5 minutes or so after Treeki got the game, since his editor for NSMB DS was already mostly working with it due to similarities).
haha i was about to say, 3 editors already?? jeez.

i was gonna ask how they could get one ready on the actual release if they havent had a chance to study it and stuff.

the engines must be closely related if the DS editor kinda works with the wii game then... how is that even possible? XD

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
skawo96 said:
Treeki said:
No promises, I don't want to get peoples' hopes up. I'm pretty busy with other things so I can't always make Reggie my main priority, as much as I'd like to.

Oh, but say, could it be released this month, or is it impossible?

Stop pushing him, he's doing his best and putting a lot of spare time in this project for us.
He doesn't earn anything with this project, show some respect.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
skawo96 said:
Treeki said:
No promises, I don't want to get peoples' hopes up. I'm pretty busy with other things so I can't always make Reggie my main priority, as much as I'd like to.

Stop pushing him, he's doing his best and putting a lot of spare time in this project for us.

Was I saying something like 'release it nao'?
I just asked if he's getting ready to release it, or if he wants to put a lot more work into it.
I don't think it's bad, but if it is, I apologize.

the engines must be closely related if the DS editor kinda works with the wii game then... how is that even possible? XD

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same engine ported to Wii (of course with added stuff)

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
skawo96 said:
Treeki said:

Remember, guys, he's only like 15 or 16 right now, he also has a life like most of us do...

NeonTogepi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two objects i really want: the rock climbing parts of some mountain stages and the wind thing from one of the levels in world 2. Need them to do a tornado man stage.
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might make a SMB2 US remake.

This is how I might translate some stuff to NSMBW.
Shy Guy=Goomba
Tweeter=Paragoomba
Beezo (flying Shy Guy)=Bullet Bill
Shy Guy on ostrich=Koopa
Trouter=Cheep-Cheep
Autobomb (cannon on wheels)=Bullet Bill cannon and Yoshi block OR moving platforms
Porcupo (porcupine)=Spiny
Veggies=Coins
Potions (or whatever you call it)=Powerup block, and a few extra coins in the level

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yaymii, I think a SMB 2 remake would be pretty difficult with all the really tall hills and doors and everything. Also, the quote in your sig is the best ever.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question for the devs:

in 9-7 they have the frozen chomper plants from smb3 that you can thaw with fireballs. Would it be possible to have in the editor one that is already thawed? i would like to use them in my levels but i dont want them to be frozen

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FirePhoenix said:
We would have to look into them first. There's a chance.

it seems possible. if you unfreeze them while playing, then look at their code or whatever its probably different, cause they are moving and stuff, then you can put it in the editor. well i obviously dont know how it works but i imagine thats how it is

EDIT:

Another question for the devs: Can you put lava or water in any of the levels? ex: putting lava in a cave level such as 1-2. And can you edit one level and replace another level in the game with it? ex: i edit level 6-3 but want to put it in place of 1-1, is that possible? Sorry for all the questions, im designing concept levels

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I might make a SMB2 US remake.

This is how I might translate some stuff to NSMBW.
Shy Guy=Goomba
Tweeter=Paragoomba
Beezo (flying Shy Guy)=Bullet Bill
Shy Guy on ostrich=Koopa
Trouter=Cheep-Cheep
Autobomb (cannon on wheels)=Bullet Bill cannon and Yoshi block OR moving platforms
Porcupo (porcupine)=Spiny
Veggies=Coins
Potions (or whatever you call it)=Powerup block, and a few extra coins in the level
NOBODY wants that trash ported.

Anyway, I'd like to help you guys develop the editor. I have some coding experience and would gladly help you guys dig through data to find what you need, just tell me what to look for.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking for any more help right now. We have a pretty big team already and we have practically everything covered.

FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
Small update on my side of things. Tonight I went crazy and documented probably 50 simpler sprites. So things are going great on the sprites side of things. No examples this time unfortunately.

RainbowIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FirePhoenix said:
Small update on my side of things. Tonight I went crazy and documented probably 50 simpler sprites. So things are going great on the sprites side of things. No examples this time unfortunately.
Thanks for the updates, whether detailed or not. We all appreciate it.
smile.gif

Also, those of us working on new level sets are wondering whether some beta testers or those who know Reggie very well already, could join up on the different projects (at least, to BEGIN with) just to answer all the questions we have once Reggie is released, rather than making us test and learn EVERYTHING for ourselves, although I guess that's part of the fun too. The alternative to this question is, then, is the first public release of Reggie! going to be accompanied by a FAQ doc? Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(