Hacking RB2 Customs - Proof of Concept

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zapu said:
It doesn't mean that DLC can't authenticate, Rockband displays that 'out of date' error whenever something is wrong with dlc - corrupted files, empty files, wrong files (hashes doesn't match) etc. etc.

Yeah I figured it is a bogus error, because it works fine when I use my retail disc. That's too bad, one of the big reasons I wanted to use USB loader was for GH/RB, the games I play the most.

Someone on another thread here said if you download DLC while running off the HD, that it would work, but I have tons of it. Not only would it take a long time to redownload, but I wouldn't want to have 2 copies. Plus I worry that this whole HD thing might be squashed by an Nintendo update at some point.

Robotic Earthling said:
QUOTE(nicko68 @ Jun 14 2009, 08:39 PM) BTW, has anyone else noticed when playing RB2 from backup (I do own it legally) such as USB drive, that the DLC doesn't authenticate? It says it's out of date and can't be copied to system memory, please download again. GHWT does the same thing.
For me, when I try to play DLC songs, it doesn't delete the old DLC from the NAND, so when I try to play another DLC song there's no room left for it to copy the song from the SD card to the NAND, and after that it gives me errors whenever I try to play any other DLC song. I was using Hermes' cIOS.

I can use the USB loader for all the other Rock Band games since they don't have DLC, but I'm stuck with using my retail disc for RB2.

Weird that they it behaves differently on different systems. I guess they're both problems that prevent DLC from being effectively used anyway.

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering about the RB1 disc import. I am assuming we can intersperse RB1 songs with RB2 DLC on the same SD card? If so, what if later we want to remove an RB1 track? Do they show up in the normal Music Store, where you can Delete them?

And what happens if you pick "Redownload"?
smile.gif

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicko68 said:
I was wondering about the RB1 disc import. I am assuming we can intersperse RB1 songs with RB2 DLC on the same SD card? If so, what if later we want to remove an RB1 track? Do they show up in the normal Music Store, where you can Delete them?

And what happens if you pick "Redownload"?
smile.gif

Custom DLC and RB1 imported DLC has absolutely nothing to do with the Music Store. Plus it uses a different save slot than the regular DLC so it does not interfere with them.

I would assume that the RB1 importer may have some way to delete them.

I do have a small idea in regards to the save slot used by the custom DLC. Would it be a good idea to have a separate slot exclusively for RB imported songs and have a separate slot for just customs?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ccfman2004 said:
I do have a small idea in regards to the save slot used by the custom DLC. Would it be a good idea to have a separate slot exclusively for RB imported songs and have a separate slot for just customs?
I think it was discussed and we decided not to, because there weren't any real reasons for it and would only make things more complicated.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robotic Earthling said:
nicko68 said:
BTW, has anyone else noticed when playing RB2 from backup (I do own it legally) such as USB drive, that the DLC doesn't authenticate? It says it's out of date and can't be copied to system memory, please download again. GHWT does the same thing.
For me, when I try to play DLC songs, it doesn't delete the old DLC from the NAND, so when I try to play another DLC song there's no room left for it to copy the song from the SD card to the NAND, and after that it gives me errors whenever I try to play any other DLC song. I was using Hermes' cIOS.

I can use the USB loader for all the other Rock Band games since they don't have DLC, but I'm stuck with using my retail disc for RB2.

I play Rock Band 2 from USB (uLoader 2.0 / Hermes cIOS) and in the beginning had the same error of "out of date"... so, i delete all the songs and redownload my songs again and now all work smoothy
yaypsp.gif

Same thing with: it doesn't delete the old DLC from the NAND, im trying to figure out what is the problem because when i play a game Wiiware from SD do the same thing...

BTW i have system menu 4.0 updated with waninkoko tools...

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if customs work in practice mode but not otherwise, that means the game is choking because the animation-control track isn't there, right? Was much ever figured out on the events/venue tracks for RB1? I remember people figured out that sort of stuff for GH...

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
doctorfaust said:
So if customs work in practice mode but not otherwise, that means the game is choking because the animation-control track isn't there, right? Was much ever figured out on the events/venue tracks for RB1? I remember people figured out that sort of stuff for GH...
I've been looking into it and have fixed/implemented a lot of the animations already. There's plenty of info on those tracks scattered around ScoreHero, though it all can be followed with the scripts on the RB2 disc.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nicko68 said:
BTW, has anyone else noticed when playing RB2 from backup (I do own it legally) such as USB drive, that the DLC doesn't authenticate? It says it's out of date and can't be copied to system memory, please download again. GHWT does the same thing.

This is because cIOS rev13 is based on IOS 38 and your retail disc runs on IOS 37.

QUOTE(ExLex @ Jun 15 2009, 06:27 PM) I play Rock Band 2 from USB (uLoader 2.0 / Hermes cIOS) and in the beginning had the same error of "out of date"... so, i delete all the songs and redownload my songs again and now all work smoothy

What happens if you try to play them using your retail disc?

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:
Custom DLC and RB1 imported DLC has absolutely nothing to do with the Music Store. Plus it uses a different save slot than the regular DLC so it does not interfere with them.

I understand that functionally since we're not buying them from the Rockband store, however, the only way to delete songs that I know of in Rock Band 2 is to go into the music store, which is dumb. GHWT allows you to access the "archive" offline.

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:
nicko68 said:

This is because cIOS rev13 is based on IOS 38 and your retail disc runs on IOS 37.

Oh, thanks. That's the same reason the USB guitar doesn't work in RB2 I think. The whole different versions of IOS is kinda strange to me.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
nicko68 said:
ccfman2004 said:

I understand that functionally since we're not buying them from the Rockband store, however, the only way to delete songs that I know of in Rock Band 2 is to go into the music store, which is dumb. GHWT allows you to access the "archive" offline.

They confirmed a few pages back that songs imported will be able to be added and deleted seperately. Dont know if its implemented in the Windows GUI and the Wii Custom RawkSD thingy, personally just windows based would suit me tho.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:

Sry man, i cant answer that question because my dvd reader dont work
frown.gif
(Stupid of me, let the dvd always inside xD)

If you guys needs beta testers im available always
gbasp.gif

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nicko68 said:
Heathcliff said:
nicko68 said:

Oh, thanks. That's the same reason the USB guitar doesn't work in RB2 I think. The whole different versions of IOS is kinda strange to me.

Yeah and that's why these instruments work using the cIOS Mrk provided with the RB1 custom tutorial!

QUOTE(ExLex @ Jun 15 2009, 11:04 PM) QUOTE(Heathcliff @ Jun 15 2009, 07:11 PM)

Sry man, i cant answer that question because my dvd reader dont work
frown.gif
(Stupid of me, let the dvd always inside xD)

If you guys needs beta testers im available always
gbasp.gif

Too bad
frown.gif
but I assume it won't work as they were downloaded using a different IOS than IOS 37... Correct me if I'm wrong!

And I'm also available as a beta tester (though I think they won't let us in...)

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Too bad
frown.gif
but I assume it won't work as they were downloaded using a different IOS than IOS 37... Correct me if I'm wrong!

And I'm also available as a beta tester (though I think they won't let us in...)
It's likely they'd be afraid of it being leaked. Waninkoko learned his lesson from "beta testers". Their first "beta testing" will be when they make their first public release.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379:

Yeah... i undestand that
frown.gif

----------

Heathcliff

You are right, Rock Band only work with IOS 37.

----------

are you guys are try to export some Track Pack???

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
QUOTE said:
Too bad
frown.gif

It's likely they'd be afraid of it being leaked. Waninkoko learned his lesson from "beta testers". Their first "beta testing" will be when they make their first public release.

It's not that it would get leaked, it's that it's pretty much about done. There's a really cool looking GUI with lots of options and all that does almost all of the work for you, and the installer to SD Card is as simple as clicking. (Mind you guys, I'm still working with the "old" tools, command prompt style, I haven't actually used the GUI).

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
QUOTE said:
Too bad
frown.gif

It's not that it would get leaked, it's that it's pretty much about done. There's a really cool looking GUI with lots of options and all that does almost all of the work for you, and the installer to SD Card is as simple as clicking. (Mind you guys, I'm still working with the "old" tools, command prompt style, I haven't actually used the GUI).
Sounds neat!
laugh.gif

nomar5555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this has already been answered, but does this require you to dump the disc to your PC and then the program will move the songs onto SD or will you be able to export songs straight from the wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle