Hacking RB2 Customs - Proof of Concept

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Did the hard drive die? You may be able to recover your files if it wasn't the hard drive's fault and was just a nasty virus or something. Though you probably know that already.

I hope this isn't too big of a setback. D:

Roy911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
My brother is on the Wii, but as soon as he's done, I'll provide mine.
Seems I have the worst luck as usual. Can't access /data to get My Rckbnd2.dat

I can't either, FileZilla shows /data as a file that can't seem to be retrieved.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend using Waninkoko's Save Game Manager which allows you to select any save game and extract it to and SD card.

It only takes a few minutes to extract Rock Band 2 save file.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright gentlemen, school is out, lets get to work here and get a release... (not that I can do anything)

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Believe it or not, not all hackers are enrolled in the US education system.

On an unrelated note: before anyone reads this thread and makes an incorrect assumption about us simply using a devkit to fake the video and make all this up, I will state for the record that we are most definitely using regular retail wiis that have the normal software mods for homebrew.

(Also please do not post anything about this project on the Rock Band forums, they won't like it. Better to leave them be so they can get on with making TB:RB more awesome.)

(Edit: Someone did just that, the message was deleted and the thread was locked. Oh well.)

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
justinrocks123 said:
NOoooo that sucks then. Hope u get ur computer fixed guess itll take the release dat even father away lol.
Since I'm the one writing the tools it's not really an issue... Though that sucks and I know how it feels; it happens to me way too often (maybe I should back some of this up >.>).

Roy911 said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
Seems I have the worst luck as usual. Can't access /data to get My Rckbnd2.dat

I can't either, FileZilla shows /data as a file that can't seem to be retrieved.

I believe that means that your default homebrew IOS doesn't accept fake signatures... I guess you could always use the save dumper.

Also hi
tongue.gif

QUOTE(fubka @ Jun 10 2009, 11:22 AM) alright gentlemen, school is out, lets get to work here and get a release... (not that I can do anything)
I'm still in school for another 9 days or so, and then going to a concert the next day. Soooo, no.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Jun 10 2009, 12:56 PM)
On an unrelated note: before anyone reads this thread and makes an incorrect assumption about us simply using a devkit to fake the video and make all this up, I will state for the record that we are most definitely using regular retail wiis that have the normal software mods for homebrew.

(Also please do not post anything about this project on the Rock Band forums, they won't like it. Better to leave them be so they can get on with making TB:RB more awesome.)
Hah, rumours are fun. Anyway, yeah, this is definitely a simple homebrew thing.

CTConqueror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been answered earlier in the thread, but: When the exporter is released, will you be able to select certain songs instead of exporting all of them?

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yes, they said you can pick which songs to import. they also said that all the songs in rock band 1 (63) are roughly a gigabyte in the sd card, which means that each song would be around 16mb, give or take a few megabytes due to varying song lengths.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Comp's still broke, and yeah, ArielX is right- he's the coder (tue too), I've mainly lost my FoF, HMX, and homemade (slightly overcooked) .midis that I've been investigating. Why the FUCK do the FoF mids work but not show notes, which animations need to be in, and whatnot.

Oh, but since I can't compile customs anymore... be prepared to be blasted with midis, mates
>:D

muahahaha

...that is, if you want them.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Comp's still broke, and yeah, ArielX is right- he's the coder (tue too), I've mainly lost my FoF, HMX, and homemade (slightly overcooked) .midis that I've been investigating. Why the FUCK do the FoF mids work but not show notes, which animations need to be in, and whatnot.

Oh, but since I can't compile customs anymore... be prepared to be blasted with midis, mates
>:D

muahahaha

...that is, if you want them.
Uh, I kinda figured out the FoF midi stuff as of an hour or so ago
tongue.gif

(though I could really use a decent MIDI editor... Anvil and FL Studio both fail miserably)

So hopefully I'll add that into the app tonight and then verbatim FoF-style customs should be fine in quickplay.

Alternity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question: If I want to import RB1 songs, but I also want them to be smaller, Can I just Remove all the ''useless'' tracks? Just keeping the background track? It would prolly save alot of space >.>

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alternity said:
Quick question: If I want to import RB1 songs, but I also want them to be smaller, Can I just Remove all the ''useless'' tracks? Just keeping the background track? It would prolly save alot of space >.>
Useless tracks? There aren't any :wtf:.

You could take the audio of an mp3 and turn it into an ogg rather than the mogg, but...just stick with what you get, it'll make things easier
tongue.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alternity said:
So you don't want to hear the instrument go silent when you miss a note?

Alternity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
Alternity said:
So you don't want to hear the instrument go silent when you miss a note?
I'd like to, but for half of my SD card, I could pass by it. I'd rather have alot of customs than have 1gb of RB, and thats without the track packs. :wtf:

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii version of Rock Band actually has the music reduced in quality compared to the 360 and PS3 version plus the wii version does not have the crowd track.

The reason, in case no one realizes it, that the audio files are so big is because they are multi-track where each instrument has its own track. The reason for this is when you miss notes, just that instrument cuts out instead of the whole song.

EDIT: AerialX beat me to it.

Alternity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:
The wii version of Rock Band actually has the music reduced in quality compared to the 360 and PS3 version plus the wii version does not have the crowd track.

The reason, in case no one realizes it, that the audio files are so big is because they are multi-track where each instrument has its own track. The reason for this is when you miss notes, just that instrument cuts out instead of the whole song.

EDIT: AerialX beat me to it.

I knew that. But I wanna save space, so I don't care about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again