Uh, what? That means I can have it work on a Mac without recompiling
tongue.gif

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you guys release the tools one by one and not when all the tools is ready, example:

Release Wii Installer 05/06
Release PC Installer 10/06
Release MAC Installer 11/06

THIS NOT:

ALL 11/06
Release Wii Installer
Release PC Installer
Release MAC Installer

rolleyes.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
ExLex said:
I hope you guys release the tools one by one and not when all the tools is ready, example:

Release Wii Installer 05/06
Release PC Installer 10/06
Release MAC Installer 11/06

THIS NOT:

ALL 11/06
Release Wii Installer
Release PC Installer
Release MAC Installer

rolleyes.gif
Would six days really kill you? >.>

Anyway, the Wii and PC installers go hand-in-hand, so they have to be released at once (one is useless without the other). As for Mac, it might come a bit later, or right away. I don't have a Mac, but I guess icefire can be my test subject
tongue.gif

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is only a example
rolleyes.gif

Well, Seeing this tools come together is better. (because both are necesary)
yaypsp.gif

jesse1122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't this concept of extracting song and adding them as dlc work with the track packs? i mean extracting the songs from them and then putting them in rock band 2

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Question of curiosity. The [RB1] tags...since they're optional, that means that the names could be different for two people who export from RB1....Since the names of the songs won't match...will the game recognize that the songs are the same online if one party has [RB1] tags and the other doesn't?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gamemaster1379 said:
Question of curiosity. The [RB1] tags...since they're optional, that means that the names could be different for two people who export from RB1....Since the names of the songs won't match...will the game recognize that the songs are the same online if one party has [RB1] tags and the other doesn't?
I *believe* that it should be fine whatever you name them, though we haven't actually tested it yet. We'll find out soon enough.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
I *believe* that it should be fine whatever you name them, though we haven't actually tested it yet. We'll find out soon enough.
I'd assume that it'd see if all parties having matching DLC IDs, and nothing to do with the song name, though it's still something not to look over.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how Harmonix derived the ID numbers.

My thinking is that known songs such as those in RB1 should have hardcoded IDs built into Rawk SD which can't be used again nor changed.

As for custom songs, that would be up to the person who made it. The only issue with that is conflicting IDs where 2 people have 2 different songs with the same ID and player 1 sends his custom to player 2 but player 2 already has a song with that ID. I would assume that Rawk SD will dissallow conflicting IDs.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice, I cannot wait for the release. So this is compatible with PAID DLC content then?

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project looks fantastic! Can't wait for the release
smile.gif

also as for the duplicate ID issue I have a theoretical setup.
Now, for this to work I have a few postulates since I can't debug rockband 2:
-all songs (including disc and DLC) have an ID to match them up for online play
-IDs start at 0 and count up with each new song from harmonix
-IDs are a DWORD long (giving 4294967296 possible song IDs)

Ok so the first problem would be chart creators assigning songs duplicate IDs which would be troublesome. But you could have charts provided by RawkSD website which would have a boolean in the file indicating its an official song. Charters could still release and use songs independantly but they wouldn't get a RawkSD boolean set to true.

So that would give us 3 categories:
-official harmonix songs
-RawkSD songs
-independant songs

We can easily devide up the possible song IDs for these 3 without worry of running out

so we will duplicate what harmonix songs are doing by counting up from 0 and the installer will do a little addition:
-if the song is being exported it will either use the ID it has or will get its ID from a table of the ones used for the other consoles
-if the song is a RawkSD official song it will have 0x55555555 added to its ID
-if the song is an independant song it will have 0xAAAAAAAA added to its ID

Hopefully this system would work out ;o

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nano351 said:
This project looks fantastic! Can't wait for the release
smile.gif

also as for the duplicate ID issue I have a theoretical setup.
Now, for this to work I have a few postulates since I can't debug rockband 2:
-all songs (including disc and DLC) have an ID to match them up for online play
-IDs start at 0 and count up with each new song from harmonix
-IDs are a DWORD long (giving 4294967296 possible song IDs)
Nope.
IDs are strings and they are not user configurable (at least not for RB1 exported songs) for reasons that I won't go into here (it has nothing to do with piracy so no speculation please).

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i wasn't really sure from what i read on the thread or maybe i missed it, but what's the situation on album art? can customs have it? can i add it to rb1's tracks? can i add it to existing dlc?

i mean it's a feature i can live without, but i was just curious

Chlikaflok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good question, and it also made me wonder if tools for building the files for custom songs existed for Wii. Like if the midi format is different for notecharting or something like that, we'll need different tools than 360 and PS3. I'm just saying this, but the answer might already be written on scorehero, I just can't be bothered to check there. I'm mostly posting to show interest and support and to bring the question up if it's actually different.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
i wasn't really sure from what i read on the thread or maybe i missed it, but what's the situation on album art? can customs have it? can i add it to rb1's tracks? can i add it to existing dlc?

i mean it's a feature i can live without, but i was just curious

I think Mrkinator worked on that for a bit. I'm not quite sure where it ended up.

QUOTE(Chlikaflok @ Jun 7 2009, 12:32 AM) Good question, and it also made me wonder if tools for building the files for custom songs existed for Wii. Like if the midi format is different for notecharting or something like that, we'll need different tools than 360 and PS3. I'm just saying this, but the answer might already be written on scorehero, I just can't be bothered to check there. I'm mostly posting to show interest and support and to bring the question up if it's actually different.

The .midis you can make as usual for RB1. However, certain animations are needed for RB2- we've found (aka tue found) that FoF .charts work in the game in quickplay, but no notes play. So we either mod a HMX chart (illegal? IDK) or we figure out what's up with FoF.

Or, we find a way to use a regular midi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far