Hacking RawkSD

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
to get this thread back on track, how's rawksd coming along? did you guys completely sort out usb/sdhc loading or is it buggy? will it be released during the next 5 minutes?

WSF

Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone suggest why I get an Exception (DSI) and a stackdump when I try to run the IOS37 patcher from the HBC? I found someone else via search with the same prob but it doesnt look like it was resolved.

Wii is 4.2E, preloader blocking disc updates and bootmii installed. I did have cioscorps but after reading about the issues with rawksd I used their uninstaller to remove it.

Any help would be awesome.

fantateo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HI this is my first post, I'd like to thank the developers for this, I'm a PAL user and it works well.
Maybe someone can give me some suggestion.
Using PAL disc of RB2 and PAL disc of GHMetallica to rip the songs I have a couple of problem.
Volume of the crowd is considerably higher than the music of the songs, can I adjust it?
During the songs sometimes the scrolling of the notes is jerky.
Thanks again, looking forward for USB support....

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tueidj, any plans to bring Playstation controller support (and nothing else of course) to The Beatles: Rock Band?
Drums for Wii are almost impossible to find here (Victoria, Australia) right now but there are a few Playstation ones around.

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any update on the development progress? have you guys done a feature freeze for 3.0 yet or still adding new stuff?

thanks for all your work. much

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jas20 said:
tueidj, any plans to bring Playstation controller support (and nothing else of course) to The Beatles: Rock Band?
Drums for Wii are almost impossible to find here (Victoria, Australia) right now but there are a few Playstation ones around.
Possibly it might be added, we'll see.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys

I've been following this thread since june/july 2009 and as many people here, I'm looking forward to see this new Rawk version released.

I dont mean to be disrespectful to anyone or anything, but do the developers have a possible "guesstimate" on how long it will take until this awesome new version see the light of the day?

I'm not asking for a date written on stone or something like that, just an estimate in terms of weeks or months, so we can relax and check this thread accordingly.

Again, sorry if I sounded harsh, but English is not my mother language so I have a hard time to express my ideas correctly.

Anyways, please keep up the awesome work, I hope the day we are waiting for will arrive soon.

Peace

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Binxy said:
That is what I thought too.
So if it is illegal to mod a wii or any other videogame system, why is it not Illegal to mod a car with after market parts to make it go fast or whatnot?

I understand that downloading games and other things I have not paid for is illegal to most points. ( Not going to get into it right now.) but changing a system that I own should give me the right to do so.
I can understand if you modded a car to take gas without paying for it would be illegal.

Bottom line is pirates have been around one way or another for ages, and everyone is just trying to get in on the action for free shit.

It is not Illegal to MOD cars up to a certain point. Same as its not Illegal to mod your wii up to a certain point(skins and stickers to make it look better) However certain Mods can get you in bother with both things. Modded software on a wii invalidates your warranty as does Modding the ECU in a car would invalidate your warranty in a car. Also things like too wide wheels or too loud exhaust could have you in trouble with police and also invalidate your insurance and even your cars warranty.

You would be hard pushed to find ANY thing that would allow free total modding and not invalidate the manufacturer warranty

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
Hey guys

I've been following this thread since june/july 2009 and as many people here, I'm looking forward to see this new Rawk version released.

I dont mean to be disrespectful to anyone or anything, but do the developers have a possible "guesstimate" on how long it will take until this awesome new version see the light of the day?

I'm not asking for a date written on stone or something like that, just an estimate in terms of weeks or months, so we can relax and check this thread accordingly.

Anyways, please keep up the awesome work, I hope the day we are waiting for will arrive soon.

Peace
yes please, anything at all. 1-4 months? 6 months - a year? 2-5 years? im just sick of checking this thread 5 times a day when it may not be out until next year. we all respect and love you guys for doing this but with no words of possibly when i feel like i am being teased or something. i mean no rush but throw us a friggin bone here...

thanks for everything you have done already!!!

karlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've read all the 95 pages looking for a solution, but i can't solve my problem.

I use RawkSD PAL version (2.01) on my WII (firmware 3.2e)
I've patched IOS37 with RawkSD patcher but every time i run "install" from RawkSD, i got an error (an error occurred while installing customs).
I've installed Cios37bugfix wad but i do not fix the problem.

Can you help me?

Thank you

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
I'll tell you if you can tell me how long a piece of string is.

hah. you could consider a feature freeze. ie get whatever you're working on done and release, save new stuff for a future version, 3.1 or 4 or such.
like... 99% of us probably don't give a fuck about "Playstation controller support" which could easily be held off, but about all of us want to have more room, be able to import our lego rock band / band hero songs, have fixed talkies, etc... stuff you guys are possibly done with.

karlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tueidj said:
It can't find a RB2 save file... perhaps your copy of RB2 isn't PAL?

thank'you for your help.
i think you are right.
in fact my rb2 disk is pal but i can't find any RB2 save stored on my sd.
the save files are only on wii.
why??

i suppose that the problem is due to disk.
my RB2 retail disk is scratched and did not work at all (thank's to my three years son that uses the disk as a skateboard !! ).
now i use a backup disk.

parhaps a backup disk did not works fine.
can you confirm this theory?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vexing said:
hah. you could consider a feature freeze. ie get whatever you're working on done and release, save new stuff for a future version, 3.1 or 4 or such.
like... 99% of us probably don't give a fuck about "Playstation controller support" which could easily be held off, but about all of us want to have more room, be able to import our lego rock band / band hero songs, have fixed talkies, etc... stuff you guys are possibly done with.
The USB/SD loading is a lot more complicated than anything else.

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tueidj said:
vexing said:
The USB/SD loading is a lot more complicated than anything else.

I give a **** about PS controller support! My drum kit came today (I was lucky too since JB Hi-Fi has discontinued all RB1 controllers)!
They've been good for FoFiX already, so the kit isn't wasted even if the RawkSD developers decide to cut support.

Is this USB/SD [file] loader Riivolution?

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
when is this getting released? i look here every day to see if MAYBE there is a glimmer of hope as to when this will be released. but sadly no... MAD ups to everyone working on this im sure you are doing a fabulous job... but please for our sake leave un needed features like ps2 controller support for another release... we have been waiting a very very long time... i am sick and tired of having to delete a song to get another song... my card is full to the tits.
PLEASE please please please... tell us when we MIGHT see a release... PLEASE a ball park estimate even would be fine... this is my most looked forward to homebrew. you guys kick ass blah blah blah... i think the people of this site who have been waiting FOREVER deserve a release date...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?