Hacking RawkSD

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daveLoro said:
when is this getting released? i look here every day to see if MAYBE there is a glimmer of hope as to when this will be released. but sadly no... MAD ups to everyone working on this im sure you are doing a fabulous job... but please for our sake leave un needed features like ps2 controller support for another release... we have been waiting a very very long time... i am sick and tired of having to delete a song to get another song... my card is full to the tits.
PLEASE please please please... tell us when we MIGHT see a release... PLEASE a ball park estimate even would be fine... this is my most looked forward to homebrew. you guys kick ass blah blah blah... i think the people of this site who have been waiting FOREVER deserve a release date...

Hmmm I would say never.. just a guess... there is so much more to add and when that is added by then there will be so much more... should be out by the time the new version of the Wii is released... and by then it will be obsolete... but good work guys... I will continue to check every day
smile.gif

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If people are really annoyed with checking a forum thread every day, why don't you just subscribe to it and get updates in your email inbox? Right at the top of the page under the "New Topic" button is an "Options" button, and after clicking that a menu including "Track this topic" appears.

The RawkSD developers have already created a great tool, and they could have stopped there. Be grateful they even released it.
Be even more grateful that they're attempting to push the game's/Wii's function and storage limits with an experimental product, because it sure seems Nintendo will never allow game developers to create disc patches.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jas20 said:
If people are really annoyed with checking a forum thread every day, why don't you just subscribe to it and get updates in your email inbox? Right at the top of the page under the "New Topic" button is an "Options" button, and after clicking that a menu including "Track this topic" appears.It's already bad enough that I have to read this thread every time someone bumps it, can you imagine getting an email every time that happens?

IRC "When's it coming out?" "When it's done" "LOL funny you guys are awesome but no srsly when is it coming out" "This year, or maybe next year" "Can you be more specific?" "It will come out on a date..."
Hey tueidj, how long are you going to string along the GBAtemp folkss with teasing release dates?
Until it comes out.

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
It's already bad enough that I have to read this thread every time someone bumps it, can you imagine getting an email every time that happens?
If you bothered to even click the button, you would have seen the site's forum software ask you what kind of notifications you want including: Immediate email, Delayed email, Daily Digest email, and Weekly Digest email.

More good news, Gmail puts all GBAtemp topic notifications into the same conversation, and also strips out text that appears more than once (at the end of every message). After I'm done reading a conversation block containing 3 messages I delete it to avoid confusion when more messages arrive (since I'm in Australia, I don't normally see messages until the next morning).

Gmail and immediate notifications are a good combination, otherwise I'd recommend the use of the Daily Digest notification setting.

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing has changed? Let me skim through the last ~30 pages for some announcements...

There was a video posted on Youtube of "Word Up!" imported into RB2 from Lego Rock Band under the name of "Modern Rawkfare" (that was taken down by Viacom some time later). Band Hero imports appeared in the video too.
AerialX said RB1 imports would be getting lip-sync.
Recently a translation patch of Fatal Frame 4 was released, powered by "Riivolution" coded by AerialX (he said the final version still needs work -- I'm assuming Riivolution is also being used for Rawk since zapu said the new loader wouldn't be a NAND emulator and tueidj said the USB/SD loading was "a lot more complicated than anything else").
SFenton said he was trying to work out how to bring lip-sync to GHWT imports. He also mentioned the chance of fixed GHWT talkies (I'm aware he isn't listed as a RawkSD developer).
tueidj is apparently bringing in RB Playstation controller support, which is good news for owners of the PS2 version of Rock Band 2 looking for an inexpensive upgrade to the Wii version to get access to DLC/imports/customs/bandmates/Rock Band community linking, or people like me who are having great difficulty finding Wii controllers.

Give the Rawk developers some credit. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a perfectionist.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry we're late. Let me refund your money...
I really couldn't give a crap about anyone who thinks they're entitled to bitch because nothing is out yet, so please save yourself the effort.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jas20 said:
Nothing has changed? Let me skim through the last ~30 pages for some announcements...

There was a video posted on Youtube of "Word Up!" imported into RB2 from Lego Rock Band under the name of "Modern Rawkfare" (that was taken down by Viacom some time later). Band Hero imports appeared in the video too.
Recently a translation patch of Fatal Frame 4 was released, powered by "Riivolution" coded by AerialX (he said the final version still needs work -- I'm assuming Riivolution is also being used for Rawk since zapu said the new loader wouldn't be a NAND emulator and tueidj said the USB/SD loading was "a lot more complicated than anything else").
SFenton said he was trying to work out how to bring lip-sync to GHWT imports. He also mentioned the chance of fixed GHWT talkies (I'm aware he isn't listed as a RawkSD developer).
tueidj is apparently bringing in RB Playstation controller support, which is good news for owners of the PS2 version of Rock Band 2 looking for an inexpensive upgrade to the Wii version to get access to DLC/imports/customs/imports and bandmates/Rock Band community linking, or people like me who are having great difficulty finding Wii controllers.

Give the Rawk developers some credit. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a perfectionist.

References? URLs? Links? Good grammar?

There is no way you're new here.
tongue.gif

But yeah, that sums it up nicely. I'm impressed.

(I'd be more impressed if I could get the damn GHWT MIDIs to work with Magma. Heh.)

EDIT: Ooh, Riivolution. Thanks for informing me. /runs to look at patch

pinkhyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jas20 said:

tueidj is apparently bringing in RB Playstation controller support, which is good news for owners of the PS2 version of Rock Band 2 looking for an inexpensive upgrade to the Wii version to get access to DLC/imports/customs/imports and bandmates/Rock Band community linking, or people like me who are having great difficulty finding Wii controllers.

Well said.

I think many of us have been actively monitoring this thread over the past several months especially since the Modern Rawkfare video was released. imo nobody's paying the Rawk team to do this, they aren't obliged to even release anything. so lets just all chill out and it'll be released when its done. in other news, what's a good game to get for the Wii these days. Haven't found anything fun since the New Super Mario Bros.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been enjoying DJ Hero. Guilty Pleasure much?

Also, someone gag gifted me the Naked Brothers Band. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. (They bought it for the microphone and shipped it to my porch for me to hack. Bleh.)

Uh, No More Heroes 2 comes out in a few days I think if that's your cup of tea, beer, or the like.

karlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tueidj said:
It can't find a RB2 save file... perhaps your copy of RB2 isn't PAL?

i'm sorry to quote again your post,
but i really need a solution.
I'm not sure that my RB2 saves to SD (i've found a save file only on Wii)
Can you tell me where RB2 saves data on SD?

I've used a backup disk instead of my retail disk that is become unreadable.
Maybe with a backup disk we can't save to SD?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The RB2 savefile doesn't go on your SD card. What I was asking was if your RB2 game matches your wii's region. But now I'm suspicious about you using a "backup" disk - how did you make a backup if your original was unreadable?
(This is why we don't support anything but original copies - too much fucking around trying to work out what the person has done.)

Mythiczero03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
biggrin.gif
, i've been a member for a while, new to using the forum... but i do have a question for the dev team~

(i've skimed the 90+ pages) will rawksd 3.0 allow Beatles-Rockband import for Rockband 2? (not a major issue...just wondering)

Other then that, keep up the awesome work and await for 3.0 release
biggrin.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mythiczero03 said:
(i've skimed the 90+ pages) will rawksd 3.0 allow Beatles-Rockband import for Rockband 2? (not a major issue...just wondering)
'no' is usually posted immediately, and questions of why have typically gone unanswered.

i think a beatle may have inappropriately touched one of the devs at some point.

billbaggins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Mythiczero03 said:
'no' is usually posted immediately, and questions of why have typically gone unanswered.

i think a beatle may have inappropriately touched one of the devs at some point.

If I had to take a wild stab at it, I would have to imagine its the completely different engine under which TBRB's vocals play. I'm not an expert or anything, but that would lead me to believe that the songs are formatted too differently or something.

karlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tueidj said:
The RB2 savefile doesn't go on your SD card. What I was asking was if your RB2 game matches your wii's region. But now I'm suspicious about you using a "backup" disk - how did you make a backup if your original was unreadable?
(This is why we don't support anything but original copies - too much fucking around trying to work out what the person has done.)

There is no need to be suspicious, but i'm grateful to you : i worked 15 years in a software farm, following our marketing and commercial solutions.
So i appreciate your suspect. This mean that you know how hard we work.

I always make a backup of my games when I bought them because my little son is very terrible.
A few months ago he broke a new 46 inches LCD, throwing a toy at the tv screen (a flying action figure)

As i wrote the first time, my RB2 is PAL.
Really i don't know where RB2 saves files on SD.
I have found many folders on it, but i can't find any RB dir or something similar.

Mythiczero03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
billbaggins said:
If I had to take a wild stab at it, I would have to imagine its the completely different engine under which TBRB's vocals play. I'm not an expert or anything, but that would lead me to believe that the songs are formatted too differently or something.

now that you mentioned it...that makes sense b/c of the multiple mic thing~

That and the more and more i think about it...Beatles Rock Band is unique (trippy) and should stay within its own game genre...
tongue.gif

just wondering if it was mentioned earlier within this thread and I may have missed it...ty for replying though
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck