Hacking RawkSD

Xupmatoih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a way to get free DLC doing this method? because from what ive heard its just to do customs and import other songs...but you gotta get the iso/import them yourself as there is no website that has these songs

Xupmatoih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Fuck off pirate.

FYI, i am a pirate, yeah. BUT when i got RB2 i was about to buy a wii points card but i noticed the SHop Channel was blocked so therefore it would be useless buying the card if i couldn't add them Points.
dry.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xupmatoih said:
tueidj said:
Fuck off pirate.

FYI, i am a pirate, yeah. BUT when i got RB2 i was about to buy a wii points card but i noticed the SHop Channel was blocked so therefore it would be useless buying the card if i couldn't add them Points.
dry.gif
just update the shop channel with dop-ios or wiiscu and you'll be able to use wii points

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good approach. It's actually nice to see some in the Wii homebrew scene not going out of their way to help pirates (as with Reggie), only supporting original discs and this kind of thing.
I'm personally looking forward to this new version so I can use my old Guitar Hero songs alongside my paid for DLC in RB2. Even went as far as to buy GH: Metallica since I'll be able to expand my RB2 tracklist even further with it.
(I prefer RB2's interface but prefer most of the GH songs... kind of ideal solution for me this.)

afaelr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like Guitar Hero interface (Expecially GH5) and i have Guitar Hero Drums. Is there any way to edit RawkSD Customs, because my crash attack cymbal is Blue.

ps: Sorry my english.

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stalkid64 said:
Good approach. It's actually nice to see some in the Wii homebrew scene not going out of their way to help pirates (as with Reggie), only supporting original discs and this kind of thing.
I'm personally looking forward to this new version so I can use my old Guitar Hero songs alongside my paid for DLC in RB2. Even went as far as to buy GH: Metallica since I'll be able to expand my RB2 tracklist even further with it.
(I prefer RB2's interface but prefer most of the GH songs... kind of ideal solution for me this.)

Isn't hacking equally illegal?

BinFairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But technically they are both illegal.

He wasn't asking how ethical it was to do so, he just stated that they both are illegal.

Tbh, I don't understand why they put so much effort in preventing pirates from using cracked DLC, i mean it's not like Nintendo will appreciate the work they have done or thank them for doing so.

Plus the pirates will always find a way around it. Someone will eventually edit DLC to be able to be used in RawkSD, I'm sure.

CDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BinFairy said:
But technically they are both illegal.

He wasn't asking how ethical it was to do so, he just stated that they both are illegal.

Tbh, I don't understand why they put so much effort in preventing pirates from using cracked DLC, i mean it's not like Nintendo will appreciate the work they have done or thank them for doing so.

Plus the pirates will always find a way around it. Someone will eventually edit DLC to be able to be used in RawkSD, I'm sure.

Effort preventing pirates? Christ, all the effort goes into getting the thing to work! Do you really think the guys plan ahead and make sure it won't work on backup loaders or that cracked DLC can't be imported? They don't do anything to prevent it, they just don't support any other methods except from using a retail disc and their custom manager.

Take cIOSCorp and the cracked DLC wads for example. RawkSD 2.02 works with cIOSCorp and cracked DLC. There I said it! But just because it's possible to get it work (And it's not really hard to figure out if people learned to read) they don't want 500 posts asking for help, from people that have done bugger all research about something they've not released!

CDZ

Edit: And neither do I!

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afaelr said:
I like Guitar Hero interface (Expecially GH5) and i have Guitar Hero Drums. Is there any way to edit RawkSD Customs, because my crash attack cymbal is Blue.

ps: Sorry my english.

You can edit the MIDI, but then you can't play online.

If you're asking for an orange cymbal note, that can't be created realistically at all.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
With custom songs, why are most that I am finding done in Expert level and most are not co-op?

It's a time thing. Also the reason you won't find many songs with vocals and drums. There was an auto-difficulty generator in TheGHOST, maybe someone could beg Aaron or tueidj to put something like that in RSD.

QUOTE(titiln @ Jan 12 2010, 10:39 PM) most people don't bother making full charts or co-op charts because it takes more time

That's why I'm here.
tongue.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SFenton said:
There was an auto-difficulty generator in TheGHOST, maybe someone could beg Aaron or tueidj to put something like that in RSD.
Aaron does all the chart stuff so it would be up to him, but I would say eww no, they're called "customs" not "autos".

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
BinFairy said:
he didnt make a statement, he asked a question...

Actually it was a rhetorical question... both are illegal... illegal is illegal no matter how you justify it... either way ethical boundaries are broken... so whether u hack or pirate there really is no higher moral ground... but what do I care hahahahaha

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozzy1980 said:
OncleJulien said:
BinFairy said:

Actually it was a rhetorical question... both are illegal... illegal is illegal no matter how you justify it... either way ethical boundaries are broken... so whether u hack or pirate there really is no higher moral ground... but what do I care hahahahaha
actually, altering something you paid for to make it do something it was originally not designed to is PERFECTLY legal, unless it is to circumvent paying for licensed content.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0shuakane said:
Ozzy1980 said:
OncleJulien said:
BinFairy said:

actually, altering something you paid for to make it do something it was originally not designed to is PERFECTLY legal, unless it is to circumvent paying for licensed content.

That is what I thought too.
So if it is illegal to mod a wii or any other videogame system, why is it not Illegal to mod a car with after market parts to make it go fast or whatnot?

I understand that downloading games and other things I have not paid for is illegal to most points. ( Not going to get into it right now.) but changing a system that I own should give me the right to do so.
I can understand if you modded a car to take gas without paying for it would be illegal.

Bottom line is pirates have been around one way or another for ages, and everyone is just trying to get in on the action for free shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...