Hacking RawkSD

beach40

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I am missing the most basic of things with RawkSD....

After you install the app and songs on the SD....and then install RawkSD with Homebrew.....Do you start playing a real version of Rock Band 2 in the DVD drive and then it will pick up my imported songs as DLC? Can I run Rock Band 2 from USB Loader GX and pick up my imported songs?

Thanks for your help!

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
jhoff80 said:
Does this get affected by the 4.2 update? Since it needs a patched IOS37, sounds like there could be trouble.
It does. For now, you'll have to not update or use an updater (mine or waninkoko's I guess). We'll update RawkSD and the patcher soon enough. If you really can't wait (you've already updated and can't survive without rawk'n), come on to IRC and ask for help
smile.gif

QUOTE(beach40 @ Oct 1 2009, 09:29 PM) I think I am missing the most basic of things with RawkSD....

After you install the app and songs on the SD....and then install RawkSD with Homebrew.....Do you start playing a real version of Rock Band 2 in the DVD drive and then it will pick up my imported songs as DLC? Can I run Rock Band 2 from USB Loader GX and pick up my imported songs?

Thanks for your help!
Yes. No.
(You use the normal Wii menu to start the game)

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
GusMing said:
does anyone have the problem of failing a custom song the game freezes?
That usually happens when the chart you're playing doesn't have any section names defined. Did you select "Fix for Quickplay" when you added the chart to RawkSD? It should create a section for you automatically. Or try editing the chart yourself and adding sections if you know how to.

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
GusMing said:
That usually happens when the chart you're playing doesn't have any section names defined. Did you select "Fix for Quickplay" when you added the chart to RawkSD? It should create a section for you automatically. Or try editing the chart yourself and adding sections if you know how to.

The fix chart for quickplay is checked already so it's not that. Not all of the songs do it and are made by the same person but i will look into it but you mean sectioned for practice, right?

Another thing does anyone know offhand what has to be present in there for the drum OD activation to show up? It has OD in it but the solo activation never comes up ever I thought the games does it on it's own but i guess not.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've never experienced any compatibility issues whatsoever with RawkSD.....prior to updating my Wii to 4.1 U. Now that I'm on 4.1, something strange has begun to happen. Imported tracks still show up in RB2, just not all of those I've installed. I also used to have my imported songs spread across 3 memory cards and loading each would bring up a different set of songs. Not anymore. Now, regardless of which card I load, I get the same track list.

So far, here's what I've tried to fix the problem. Any other advice is appreciated.

First I reinstalled the Rawk SD IOS patch.
Next, I deleted the Rawk SD Wii Save File.
Then, using Rawk SD, I deleted the songs from each card.
I then opened each card and deleted the rawk folder and the crba data folder.
Downloaded a new Rock Band 2 song.
Did fresh installs to my memory cards of the previous imports using Rawk SD (PC side).
Then I installed these using the Rawk SD Wii installer.

After all that, my problem remains. And no clue why, as I think I cleared my system of all Rawk SD related installs and reapplied them fresh.

Also loading this straight through the disc channel. Any clue what might have went wrong with my setup?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to respond out of order, to satisfy my sanity

kid sampson said:
Now, regardless of which card I load, I get the same track list.
isnt this expected behavior?

QUOTE(kid sampson @ Oct 4 2009, 10:21 PM) I also used to have my imported songs spread across 3 memory cards and loading each would bring up a different set of songs. Not anymore.
it did? i was under the impression that data describing available dlc, purchased or imported or otherwise, resided in the files held on the wii's memory, one for each gen of rb music from the store, as well as a specific rawk sd file. the tracks themselves reside on your sd cards, but i dont think the wii or the game itself correlates a track with a specific storage device.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
i'm going to respond out of order, to satisfy my sanity

kid sampson said:
Now, regardless of which card I load, I get the same track list.
isnt this expected behavior?

QUOTE(kid sampson @ Oct 4 2009, 10:21 PM) I also used to have my imported songs spread across 3 memory cards and loading each would bring up a different set of songs. Not anymore.
it did? i was under the impression that data describing available dlc, purchased or imported or otherwise, resided in the files held on the wii's memory, one for each gen of rb music from the store, as well as a specific rawk sd file. the tracks themselves reside on your sd cards, but i dont think the wii or the game itself correlates a track with a specific storage device.

Let me explain. Assume this is the layout of my cards: SD #1 - RB1 songs; SD #2 - GH WT songs; SD #3 - GH Smash Hits songs.

Now I would expect that when SD #1 is loaded, I would see the RB1 songs in the setlist, so that I could choose to play them.
When SD #2 is loaded, I'd expect to see the GHWT songs in the setlist. And when loading SD #3, I'd be able to pick from the Smash Hits songs.

My issue is that no matter which of my three cards are inserted, the GH Smash Hits songs are the only imported songs that appear in the in-game setlist (even when those songs do not reside on the current card). SD #3 is also the last card I installed through the Wii RawkSD installer, of which I'm using version 2.0. But it's the same if I delete the RawkSD save from Wii memory and start over. Whichever card is installed last among the three, the songs contained on that card remain in the setlist, regardless of which SD is inserted.

As for the rest of my RB2 DLC it loads fine, and of course, when I change the card, it refreshes the setlist to reflect which RB2 DLC files are stored on the inserted SD. Not so for the RawkSD imports.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
GusMing said:
AerialX said:
GusMing said:

The fix chart for quickplay is checked already so it's not that. Not all of the songs do it and are made by the same person but i will look into it but you mean sectioned for practice, right?

Another thing does anyone know offhand what has to be present in there for the drum OD activation to show up? It has OD in it but the solo activation never comes up ever I thought the games does it on it's own but i guess not.
Yeah, I mean the practice sections. Every one you've tried does that? Strange... You might have to add the sections to it yourself in the EVENTS track, maybe I broke something recently. As for overdrive, the chart needs the fill notes (same as BRE notes; 5 notes together) to know where to show the fills. You can find info about that on ScoreHero.

QUOTE(kid sampson @ Oct 5 2009, 01:21 AM)
So I've never experienced any compatibility issues whatsoever with RawkSD.....prior to updating my Wii to 4.1 U. Now that I'm on 4.1, something strange has begun to happen. Imported tracks still show up in RB2, just not all of those I've installed. I also used to have my imported songs spread across 3 memory cards and loading each would bring up a different set of songs. Not anymore. Now, regardless of which card I load, I get the same track list.

So far, here's what I've tried to fix the problem. Any other advice is appreciated.

First I reinstalled the Rawk SD IOS patch.
Next, I deleted the Rawk SD Wii Save File.
Then, using Rawk SD, I deleted the songs from each card.
I then opened each card and deleted the rawk folder and the crba data folder.
Downloaded a new Rock Band 2 song.
Did fresh installs to my memory cards of the previous imports using Rawk SD (PC side).
Then I installed these using the Rawk SD Wii installer.

After all that, my problem remains. And no clue why, as I think I cleared my system of all Rawk SD related installs and reapplied them fresh.

Also loading this straight through the disc channel. Any clue what might have went wrong with my setup?
Using RawkSD with multiple SD cards is tricky. Before installing *anything* to an SD card, make sure the "rawk" folder is the most updated one. So install to your first SD card. Copy the rawk folder off of it to the next SD card, and *then* install onto that. Copy that over to any SD card before you install anything to make sure it's completely updated.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, AerialX. I couldn't remember what I did the first time to get it work, but I'm sure it was along those lines. And I can see why that would work also. I thought about doing that this morning but decided to instead rearrange my collection so that all the RawkSD stuff was on a single 4GB SD. Only one card to manage and update makes it much easier each time I download.

But this will be good for others trying to successfully manage multiple cards.

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
Thanks for the reply, AerialX. I couldn't remember what I did the first time to get it work, but I'm sure it was along those lines. And I can see why that would work also. I thought about doing that this morning but decided to instead rearrange my collection so that all the RawkSD stuff was on a single 4GB SD. Only one card to manage and update makes it much easier each time I download.

But this will be good for others trying to successfully manage multiple cards.

Actually for what you are saying it was fine for me for a few days then it stopped working and I am still on 3.2U and changed nothing so I did what you did too so it isn't the update either

tsai95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theuser said:
mischievo said:
Are you launching the game from the disc channel?
We've been in contact via PM. It's a retail copy of the game, not backup, and loading through the disc channel.

I just wanna say that after 2 weeks of helping when no one else would, and never giving up, TheUser got me up and running! You rock my world!
laugh.gif

Thank you TheUser - the ONE
bow.gif

-Tammy *HAPPYYYYY*
moogle.gif
ROck on!!!!

piratox

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really annoyed by wii -> Wii 4.1 pal with RB2 pal game:

first : cannot install customs with wii homebrew rawksd -> cioscorp 3.4 uninstalled -> rawksd patcher installed with sucess ad still this freaking message : "an error ... while installing customs" .

I dunno what to do :'(. By the way, I would like to extract the song to put them in frets on fire? possible ?.

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratox said:
Really annoyed by wii -> Wii 4.1 pal with RB2 pal game:

first : cannot install customs with wii homebrew rawksd -> cioscorp 3.4 uninstalled -> rawksd patcher installed with sucess ad still this freaking message : "an error ... while installing customs" .

I dunno what to do :'(. By the way, I would like to extract the song to put them in frets on fire? possible ?.

they are already done by people on the FOF site, actually all the games rb and GH are done you will just have to do a little digging they are buried by now i would guess but I know they are there cause i was using it till rb2 came out and they have all the dlc up till a year ago cause they changed the encryption but maybe some did it and they all are there haven't looked in awhile.

and my wii is downgraded to 3.2 and no problems with mine it is (U) so maybe that is why

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if this has been asked before but (i did search!)

i only have the guitar hero guitar instrument - is there a version that will rip my ISO disks, but makes DLC for GH4 or GH5?

also, is there a chance you could rip from WBFS ISO on the PC, then dump the ones you want onto an SD (again for GH4/5)

thanks

pigii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i know i probably shouldnt ask this but i have a backup copy of the game and cioscorp 3.4
if i run the backup through the disc channel will this work?
im in europe so cant get the retail disc yet
frown.gif

i really wanna try out devil went down to georgia and surfing with the alien
biggrin.gif

also can someone tell me where i might get the .mid files for the GH3 DLC?
or how i might rip the ISO's from my copy of GH5 GHmettalica and world tour?

Frizer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I've a few problems. (Sorry I'm french so I don't speak English very well :S)
First and foremost, I've a PAL Wii. I tried to install the RawkSD on RB2 Wii : I put the apps folder on my SD Card, I started the RawkSD Patcher by the Homebrew Channel. It worked. Then, I ripp my Rock Band 1 disc songs with the RawkSD Installer. It worked perfectly. I took my SD Card and I put it on my PC. I run the application RawkSD.exe.

First problem : I wanted to use the option Import -> Songs From RawkSD Disc Rip. I selected the folder for the game (in my card SD) but it didn't work (error message).

So I decided to use the option Import -> Songs From Rock Band 1 and it worked. I installed the customs in to my SD Card. I put my SD Card in my Wii and I started the RawkSD Installer. I

Second problem : I selected " Install " and they give me a error message : " an error occurred while installing customs ". I tried to re-install the RawkSD Patcher but they give an another error message : " Failed to do shit ". I did a search and someone told me to install CIOSBUGFIX37.WAD but I don't know why.

Someone can help me please ?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.