OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
samo said:
Does anyone happen to know how this person got Rockband and custom songs/dlc to run off of a usb drive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKnqF7dBBg
I think it has to do with nand emulation, but I have read a couple places that it wouldn't work.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks
yay.gif

I find it funny that "this person" posted 3 posts above you.

pinkhyori said:
Any word on Guitar Hero: Van Halen ripping support. It appears to be very similar to GH:M and GHWT... none of the GH5 features are in there
frown.gif

I need someone with the game to come on IRC or contact me or something... Or just try importing it from an ISO and tell me what happens.

QUOTE(VAmpForgotten @ Oct 27 2009, 09:35 PM)
i've been using rawk sd for over 3 months now and have never had any problems except for know..
when i try to update my SD save i window pops up reading "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click
Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If
you click Quit, the application will be shut down."

then i looked up the warning message online and it said that it must of encountered a bug and to contact the developer..
so here i am.
=)

help?

oh and did we ever get GHWT/GH5/GHVH songs to work with this and do they work on the Rock Band engine?

thanks so very much.

-VAmp
"Update SD Save"? You're living in the past man, move on to RawkSD 2.x
If it keeps happening with the newest version, send me the /rawk/rb2/data file on your SD card. And try the Erase DLC List option as well.

samo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
samo said:
Does anyone happen to know how this person got Rockband and custom songs/dlc to run off of a usb drive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKnqF7dBBg
I think it has to do with nand emulation, but I have read a couple places that it wouldn't work.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks
yay.gif
I find it funny that "this person" posted 3 posts above you.
Yeah I found this forum through his name and Tueidj. I don't think he wants to tell though.
frown.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samo said:
jhoff80 said:

So are you saying that he was on the right track, but we would have to recrypt the dlc once they are on the usb drive? I don't have my wii till the weekend and want to get everything ironed out before then to try it. Thanks again.

No idea, I have Rock Band on my 360, not the Wii. I just know that this tool is supposed to do that somehow.

pinkhyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright importing Guitar Hero: Van Halen says

Importing Error

An error occured while importing from the disc. Make sure no other processes are currently using the files.

Exception.log says

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at lolwutcb.a(Form A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
Source: RawkSD
Site: Void a(System.Windows.Forms.Form, System.String, System.String)

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
samo said:
jhoff80 said:

So are you saying that he was on the right track, but we would have to recrypt the dlc once they are on the usb drive? I don't have my wii till the weekend and want to get everything ironed out before then to try it. Thanks again.

No idea, I have Rock Band on my 360, not the Wii. I just know that this tool is supposed to do that somehow.
Im not sure how that could help. The instructions were pretty short, i think id remember if something like that was involved!!
I pm'd a guy on here who was in the other forums thread aswell discussing it, doesnt seem like he wants to share the instructions now tho either.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Rawsd sd2 installs perfectly fine , game then wants to update which i believe would undo the rawks patch. Tried through various disk loaders , black screen and hang have to remove the power plug from the wii.
pal wii with wiikey v1 pal rockband 2 disk. firmware is now 4.1e

thanks for the effort though.

BAPACop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to get the difficulty tiers to work? In game, all I have is 0 for all instruments or NO PART. No matter what number I put in the box, I can't get it to show anything different. What do I do?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
scousethief said:
Rawsd sd2 installs perfectly fine , game then wants to update which i believe would undo the rawks patch. Tried through various disk loaders , black screen and hang have to remove the power plug from the wii.
pal wii with wiikey v1 pal rockband 2 disk. firmware is now 4.1e

thanks for the effort though.
Well, for one thing read this. You should probably update first and then use the patcher, or try an update disabler patch (Preloader, etc.) if you need to.

QUOTE(BAPACop @ Oct 29 2009, 05:44 PM) Does anybody know how to get the difficulty tiers to work? In game, all I have is 0 for all instruments or NO PART. No matter what number I put in the box, I can't get it to show anything different. What do I do?
Read this. Though in recent versions of RawkSD 1.11 becomes 111.

Also about GHVH, I'll look into it when I get a chance. Kinda busy right now.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
jhoff80 said:
samo said:
jhoff80 said:

Im not sure how that could help. The instructions were pretty short, i think id remember if something like that was involved!!
I pm'd a guy on here who was in the other forums thread aswell discussing it, doesnt seem like he wants to share the instructions now tho either.

To put it in simple terms, the Rock Band DLC created by IOS37 uses one key for the encryption and a blank key for the other. However, cIOS 249 and 222 expect a real key for the second. Therefore, you need to decrypt all of your .bin files and recrypt them with both keys. That's what this tool does.

Gelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]To put it in simple terms, the Rock Band DLC created by IOS37 uses one key for the encryption and a blank key for the other. However, cIOS 249 and 222 expect a real key for the second. Therefore, you need to decrypt all of your .bin files and recrypt them with both keys. That's what this tool does.
[/quote]

That will fix one issue, the other issue would be the way its stored on the nand compared to how its stored on a SD card.
I'm guessing you need the .app files from the the unpacker.

under title0001005 there are 3 folders for DLC (4th one is made for rawksd) I ran RB2 through a usb loader to make the rawksd files on the SD transfer to the wii system memory. Those tools will indeed fix it for usb loaders, but the real question is how you make rockband2 read 2+ gigs of dlc from the emulated nand. I always get wii system memory full errors when I try to start RB2 from an emulated nand with more than a gig of .app files dropped into the appropriate folders. Fix that issue and you've got the answer to zapu's youtube video

BAPACop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More in-depth question now. Does anyone know how to specify more detailed animations for the drummer (although the whole band would be nice). I can't get them to play anything but the cymbals and the snare, and they play drum rolls with only one hand... Which looks really weird. It looks

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
BAPACop said:
More in-depth question now. Does anyone know how to specify more detailed animations for the drummer (although the whole band would be nice). I can't get them to play anything but the cymbals and the snare, and they play drum rolls with only one hand... Which looks really weird. It looks
Yeah I meant to fix the automatic drum animations... Anyway, look here for how it's supposed to be done. The auto stuff only happens if animation data is completely missing.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a way to unpack or extract song files from the dlc .bins? I used parannoyedwii's dlc unpacker but I just got .app files which I don't know how to work with, u8 tools doesn't work. I would like to get at the audio tracks for music mixing fun (since each dlc comes as a pair of .bin files I assume these are in the bigger one with the chart data and whatnot in the smaller).

Also is there a way to convert normal dlc to rawksd custom format? Then we could use parannoyed's recrypter and everything would work in USB loaders (yes, I know some of you guys aren't fans, but I would appreciate an honest answer).

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Anyone know of a way to unpack or extract song files from the dlc .bins? I used parannoyedwii's dlc unpacker but I just got .app files which I don't know how to work with, u8 tools doesn't work. I would like to get at the audio tracks for music mixing fun (since each dlc comes as a pair of .bin files I assume these are in the bigger one with the chart data and whatnot in the smaller).

Also is there a way to convert normal dlc to rawksd custom format? Then we could use parannoyed's recrypter and everything would work in USB loaders (yes, I know some of you guys aren't fans, but I would appreciate an honest answer).

This probably should be in its own thread, but I don't think you'd need to convert anything to do that. Looking at the recrypt batch script, it's looking for the decrypted stuff in the 0001000563524241 folder. Change that to the correct folder name for your legitimately bought DLC, and I'd think recrypt-all would then work correctly and give you bought DLC that would then work in a USB loader.

There's three title IDs that it uses so far:

00010005735a4145
00010005735a4245
00010005735a4345

Can't confirm it, because as I said, I have the 360 RB2.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gelton said:
QUOTE said:
To put it in simple terms, the Rock Band DLC created by IOS37 uses one key for the encryption and a blank key for the other. However, cIOS 249 and 222 expect a real key for the second. Therefore, you need to decrypt all of your .bin files and recrypt them with both keys. That's what this tool does.

That will fix one issue, the other issue would be the way its stored on the nand compared to how its stored on a SD card.
I'm guessing you need the .app files from the the unpacker.

under title0001005 there are 3 folders for DLC (4th one is made for rawksd) I ran RB2 through a usb loader to make the rawksd files on the SD transfer to the wii system memory. Those tools will indeed fix it for usb loaders, but the real question is how you make rockband2 read 2+ gigs of dlc from the emulated nand. I always get wii system memory full errors when I try to start RB2 from an emulated nand with more than a gig of .app files dropped into the appropriate folders. Fix that issue and you've got the answer to zapu's youtube video

Aaah, I misunderstood, I thought all he wanted to do was use the RB2 DLC and RawkSD stuff with a USB loader.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
AerialX - done that ,

updated first then ran the patch , ran the game through a disk loader and it crashes at a black screen.

updated then ran the patch used preloader to stop disk updates and it crashed at a black screen using the disk channel.

Many thanks for the reply.

Scouse

VAmpForgotten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkhyori said:
Alright importing Guitar Hero: Van Halen says

Importing Error

An error occured while importing from the disc. Make sure no other processes are currently using the files.

Exception.log says

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: RawkSD
Site: Void a(System.Windows.Forms.Form, System.String, System.String)

this is exactly whats happening to me except im trying to import GH3
someone please help. i have a party to go to in 40 minutes and im the one bring rock band! (with gh3 songs of course! hopefully)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1