ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

Sombience

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The work that has been done already is amazing, I've had a blast with the translation as it is now and forsee many more hours of playtime whilst in that lovely vegetable state. Thanks for all your efforts, guys.

harjaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
harjaz said:
although I needed a faq for untranslated chunks of the game, particularly after the GTB battle, since the cut scene that tells you where to go next is in Japanese. Otherwise, it's an amazing patch and I couldn't play the game without it.Use the Quest Info menu. It should tell you what you need to do next.

QUOTE(harjaz @ Mar 3 2009, 05:48 PM) Also, I can't get the cheat codes to work, the max level or level exp codes o nothing, no matter when I press select. I have the newest database, so it's a bit weird. Anyone know how to fix it?
Rewrite the codes to match the new memory addresses due to translation.
I used R4CCE to change the Game ID for the patched Rom, that didn't help. I don't know how to rewrite codes, the tutorial by Curley didn't say. Can you point me to a more in-depth guide?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harjaz said:
I used R4CCE to change the Game ID for the patched Rom, that didn't help. I don't know how to rewrite codes, the tutorial by Curley didn't say. Can you point me to a more in-depth guide?
No clue where you'd go to find out more.
Not even sure what exactly goes into making the codes in the first place either.
I do know that you can use a program to emulate the game (maybe NO$GBA?) and see what things change, like effects.
For example: when you equip or use an item that makes you move faster, you'll see the 'move faster' code being executed. Or the code for obtaining _______ item. Just copy it down and then you can then convert that into an AR code.

Google for guides on how to write AR codes.
I think it would be easier for someone just starting to learn how to write them from scratch, and then maybe after you've done a few you'll be able to compare the unmodified ROM's codes to the patched ROM's codes and figure out how to change them.

Yokujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi
is it possible that u could remake the menu screen like on my picture?

the left one is my edited pictue and the right one the original =o

-the int and agi stat doesnt fit to the other stats :/
-also the flee didnt fit to the other values
-crit value: on the original the R looks like an A (so it reads like CAIT) on the edited meno screen is it a more readable R

Manarofl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We would, but if we did that, the rest of the menu would look worse in turn. Theres a character limit in the menu, and going above that would make you crash when you pressed anything really.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yokujin said:
hi

-crit value: on the original the R looks like an A (so it reads like CAIT) on the edited meno screen is it a more readable RIf we could... we would have. The letters didn't end up that way on accident.
The problem is that most images reuse tiles. The stats menu was a nightmare of re-used tiles.
If I feel ambitious I will take a look at it and see if I can fix it at all, though I doubt it.

It is possible to fix the R, that's just how the font we used came out at a reduced size.
I might do that at some point even if I don't try to fix the other letters.

QUOTE(Manarofl @ Mar 23 2009, 06:57 PM) We would, but if we did that, the rest of the menu would look worse in turn. Theres a character limit in the menu, and going above that would make you crash when you pressed anything really.
That screen is one big image, text included.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow very good translation i forgot i was playing a japanese game until i turned it back on after taking a break.cheers to u
grog.gif

Yokujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twiztidsinz said:
Yokujin said:
hi

-crit value: on the original the R looks like an A (so it reads like CAIT) on the edited meno screen is it a more readable RIf we could... we would have. The letters didn't end up that way on accident.
The problem is that most images reuse tiles. The stats menu was a nightmare of re-used tiles.
If I feel ambitious I will take a look at it and see if I can fix it at all, though I doubt it.

It is possible to fix the R, that's just how the font we used came out at a reduced size.
I might do that at some point even if I don't try to fix the other letters.

QUOTE(Manarofl @ Mar 23 2009, 06:57 PM) We would, but if we did that, the rest of the menu would look worse in turn. Theres a character limit in the menu, and going above that would make you crash when you pressed anything really.
That screen is one big image, text included.

then u could remake the screen =O

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yokujin said:
then u could remake the screen =O
No.
It's not a solid image like a screenshot.
It's multiple tiles that get arranged to make the image. With many of the tiles being shared/reused.
As I had said before, if we COULD have easily made it better the first time, it would have been done.

Yamakawa Bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Such a long time that we dont visit this topic!
We're sorry by not posting here before, since We were at the spreadsheets all time.
MAD BECAUSE WE ARENT AT THE OFFICIAL SITE EVEN THOUGH BEING A MAIN TRANSLATOR
cry.gif

PS: "WE" because this account is used by Yumi and Shimizu Yamakawa(photos on our sig)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yamakawa Bros said:
cry.gif
You hadn't been around, and I only put the people who were currently working on the project up there.
You're still in the credits and there's ALWAYS a place for you.
If you're back on the project, PM me a pic and a webpage you'd like me to use (default is your GBATemp profile) and I'll put you up there.
I hope you're back because this project needs all the help it can get.

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed I hope Yamakawa Bros also help translate this project! it'd be great, I really would like to see this game get translated as much as possible, its a good game.
Thanks to all the members who worked hard in this project.

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
twiztidsinz said:
Yamakawa Bros said:
cry.gif
You hadn't been around, and I only put the people who were currently working on the project up there.
You're still in the credits and there's ALWAYS a place for you.
If you're back on the project, PM me a pic and a webpage you'd like me to use (default is your GBATemp profile) and I'll put you up there.
I hope you're back because this project needs all the help it can get.

Hey Twiz, can I be in the main page too?
I'll let my sister do nasty things to you in return.

JimstaV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you guys still working on this translation? it seems like some people gave up on this project.
But thxs for translating the importance stuff, i was able to beat the game

keikyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaynds.gif

I'm guessing I only got to chapter 4 or something XD;
I'm in Geffen and just made it to the mines. Then I'm like "WTF?" I can read it, but hell if i know what they're saying =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo