ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, just a suggestion, but maybe you guys should make a changelog of some sort in the Wiki when it comes to the patches. Something that describes what's been added and what's been removed from each patch version.

...if there already is and I missed it when I checked, can someone direct me to it o_o;

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rtnario said:
Hmm, just a suggestion, but maybe you guys should make a changelog of some sort in the Wiki when it comes to the patches. Something that describes what's been added and what's been removed from each patch version.

...if there already is and I missed it when I checked, can someone direct me to it o_o;

Seriously... Do you people even bother to attempt to read?QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Jan 6 2009, 08:49 PM)
btlmes
d0000
d0100
d0101
d0102
d0103
d0104
d0105
d0106
d0107
d0108
d0109
d0200
d0201
d0202
d0203
d0204
d0205
d0206
d0207
d0208
d0209
d0210
d0211
d0212
d0213
d0214
d0215
d0216
d0217
d0218
d0219
d0220
d0221
d0222
d0223
d0224
d0225
d0226
d0227
d0228
msg_aco_guild
msg_arc_guild
msg_asa_guild
msg_bar_master
msg_bls_guild
msg_butterfly_0
msg_butterfly_1
msg_card
msg_consumption
msg_dld_guild
msg_equipment
msg_equipment_name
msg_eventitem
msg_fame
msg_gld_kafra
msg_gminfo
msg_hun_guild
msg_interrupt
msg_job
msg_kafra
msg_kng_guild
msg_kwo_guild
msg_map
msg_menu
msg_mer_guild
msg_mgc_guild
msg_nameEntry
msg_option
msg_password
msg_pre_guild
msg_quest_client
msg_quest_condition
msg_quest_info
msg_quest_name
msg_restart
msg_savekafra
msg_shm_guild
msg_skill
msg_skill_sub
msg_state
msg_sundries
msg_swd_guild
msg_thf_guild
msg_tko_guild
msg_town_menu
msg_town_menu_sub
msg_wiz_guild
enemylist.ldb
item.ldb
skill.ldb
msg_menu is still out of the list, I didn't get around to fixing it yet.
All the Guild messages got fixed, as well as a pretty major overhaul on the Intro/Ch1&2 scripts.
I've got a bit of updating work to do before I get back to doing fixes, so next patch will probably come this weekend at the earliest.
Something's messed up with the scripts (out of order and blank message at mothers grave). I will fix them for the next patch

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
twiztidsinz said:
Why do so many people care about the script when they make it so obvious that they cannot read?

Wow. Just... wow... That has to be the most epic return I've ever seen.
But, to avoid being off-topic, glad to see the translation is moving forward.

Vauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if this thread is where you want bug reports, but this build is very unstable on my card (G6 Real). It black screens a lot if I try to exit the menu back into the game (if I'm in a shop or dungeon for instance). Good work so far and mucho thanks!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
darnoc said:
how much % is this done?

*Bashes you over the head* STOP PESTERING THE GAME-TRANSLATORS!!
angry.gif

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hrmm... Might have been mentioned earlier already, didn't notice. But after patching (using a fresh, untrimmed ROM, etc) when I go into the menu and then back out, I ended in a black screen. o.o

Or should I not have used my old save-file and start anew?

[Edit] Actually, nvm. Not sure what triggers it. First time I went all around the place, just checking the progress of the translation on the menus. When I left everything, it blacked out. I decided to try again. I opened the menu, closed it, and it worked. Then I opened again, went into the Quest screen, and when I tried to back out of that, it froze in a black screen again.

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Judas543 said:
those errors from the quests and going out of the screen are known. We are in the process of fixing most of them

Oh, ok. Guess I'll just keep playing on the untranslated version for now.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do u guys add the next patch to the old one and also i keep getting stuck at the point where u name the girl at the begining

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to know about the status of the project, you can look at the wiki and see how many files are left untranslated/waiting to be fixed.
They're the ones that show up as red.

As for the story scripts
Ch 0, 1, 2: 100% translated - Should be OK.
Ch 3: 50% translated - Needs testing.
Ch 4 ~ 13: Untouched.

Good news is, the later chapters appear (at a quick glance) to be shorter.

bealuvsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do u guys add the next patch to the old one and also i keep getting stuck at the point where u name the girl at the begining

i'm actually having the same problem. although when i was still using the first patch, there were no problems at that point. i'm not sure if it's already in one of the replies but does the rom really get trimmed down to 101kb from the original 131? ive tried patching an untrimmed rom a number of times already and it always gets shrunk.
blink.gif
thanks.
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bealuvsme said:

i'm actually having the same problem. although when i was still using the first patch, there were no problems at that point. i'm not sure if it's already in one of the replies but does the rom really get trimmed down to 101kb from the original 131? ive tried patching an untrimmed rom a number of times already and it always gets shrunk.
blink.gif
thanks.
yaynds.gif
Between the time of the first and second patches, my script files got messed up. I didn't realize it till after I released the patch, that's why somethings worked but are now broken.
Yes the ROM gets trimmed but I think you've got the wrong numbers.
Unpatched it should be 128MB (or 1Gb -- 8 bits in a Byte).
Patched (which also trims) is either 98 or 94MB.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
bealuvsme said:

blink.gif
thanks.
yaynds.gif
Between the time of the first and second patches, my script files got messed up. I didn't realize it till after I released the patch, that's why somethings worked but are now broken.

IS LATEST PATCH 2009 06 01 BECAUSE IM JUST USING THAT ONE IF NEED OTHER FILES LET ME NO

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
bealuvsme said:

blink.gif
thanks.
yaynds.gif

IS LATEST PATCH 2009 06 01 BECAUSE IM JUST USING THAT ONE IF NEED OTHER FILES LET ME NO
YES THAT IS THE LATEST PATCH HOWEVER THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH IT AND WE WILL BE RELEASING A NEW ONE SOON THAT HOPEFULLY FIXES MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE KNOWN CRASHING ISSUES TYPING IN ALL CAPS WITHOUT THE USE OF PUNCTUATION IS FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
twiztidsinz said:
bealuvsme said:

blink.gif
thanks.
yaynds.gif

YES THAT IS THE LATEST PATCH HOWEVER THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH IT AND WE WILL BE RELEASING A NEW ONE SOON THAT HOPEFULLY FIXES MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE KNOWN CRASHING ISSUES TYPING IN ALL CAPS WITHOUT THE USE OF PUNCTUATION IS FUN

thanks twiztidsins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night