ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

lezard2192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mcspam said:
Bugs I've found (r4):

Usually these crashes aren't instantaneous but happen when something causes the screen to change such as opening the menu or leaving the map.

The merchant guild freezes up when you talk to the guild master after he says the first lines of text - this was fine in the first new patch although the game would freeze as soon as you went into the menu or tried to leave the guild.

Freezes in some quests.

Mirage tower crashed after accepting the loot from 35th floor.

Occasionally compounding a card will cause the game to crash.

Game seems very unstable so far although the translation is good. I think the most stable patch out right now is the unofficial one from gamefaqs (I only had problems changing job to merchant).

mmm playing someones riped off translation and talking about it here after there working so hard to perfect this patch nice work thar buddy

im up to going to geffen atm and playing a thief iv done 3 or so quests and not one crash so far iv even looked at the quest screen once or twice lol
keep up the good work
tongue.gif

lezard2192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a freeze after looking at the quest window for "road to mount mjolnir" and i dont think any of the text for the story bit of the quest was translated no idea wat item i need for it :S (looking at walkthrough's xD)

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they wanted to they could easily make a menu and item translation patch since they have already translated that part... But they are in it for the long haul and going for a full translation. Learn to be patient a project this size isn't something that can be accomplished over night. Keep up the good work.
biggrin.gif

malodorous101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently the reasons I couldn't replicate some of the problems you guys were having is because the patch uses older data (unintentionally). There are still a few problems with the up-to-date data but these are being tracked down and fixed.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
twiztidsinz said:
To Noitora,
I appreciate your concern for the project... however, DarthNemesis told me that with the free wiki that he's set up and the project is using, it is impossible to restrict viewing assess to people. We could if we paid for a month, but I personally think it's kind of silly to throw money at this project.
And there just comes a point where you have to stop caring...
That's not what I meant, what I meant to say is that create a new wiki and give the link only to the translation team, that way nobody *cough**judas* *cough*
Will steal your work.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Despite the major upset of RODS not being an MMORPG (All together: awwww), I would still have been willing to try it had it not been Japanese. So just wanted to pop in and say that you guys are doing a great job and I look forward to giving this a crack in English.

Pioggia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys are doing great, and im sorry that some pathetic little fu--dge packer is stealing your work, i agree with noitora that you should great a new wiki docs and only give the link to translators or you'll forever be plagued by this judas twatifahish person.

ANYWAY, good luck! i'll be following your project with eager eyes

CFShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dunno if u guys already know it, but...after completing the prontera's culvert quest, when u have to go to Geffen, the story goes in Japanese again. Also, i haven't changed Lucifi's name, but when he talks, his name appears in Japanese and when someone calls him(example: when the main character says his name), his name appears in English.

Dont know if you already know it, but in any case, I'm just trying to help
laugh.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CFShadow said:
Dunno if u guys already know it, but...after completing the prontera's culvert quest, when u have to go to Geffen, the story goes in Japanese again. Also, i haven't changed Lucifi's name, but when he talks, his name appears in Japanese and when someone calls him(example: when the main character says his name), his name appears in English.

Dont know if you already know it, but in any case, I'm just trying to help
laugh.gif
Only the intro and first two chapters have been translated. Ch1 is from the grave to Yushidora's Cavern, Ch2 is the Prontera Culvert.

The reason Lucifi's name changes between English and Japanese is because he has a fixed name (you cant change it) and needs to be translated, where your character and Sierra have variable names (they get converted to tags, and ) so they dont need to be translated.

jrcaetano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got so addicted in the game that I forgot to tell that i've beaten this game at December 25...Now i'm playing with a Lord Knight 6 times reborned...and with a Shaman 4 times reborned... And i made it with the first patch released...

my.php
my.php
my.php

You guys did a really good work...Now I'm going to play with the newest patch...

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I added Judas. He'll be contributing his fixes to the project, so hopefully we can put any misunderstandings behind us and cooperate on a single patch.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
DarthNemesis said:
Alright, I added Judas. He'll be contributing his fixes to the project, so hopefully we can put any misunderstandings behind us and cooperate on a single patch.

Good to see this had a happy ending heh

Wehttam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Wehttam said:
Could i get an alternate download? That one is broken.
download link is not broken.
I don't mean to be a smart ass, but since said download link doesn't let me download, i think that qualifies it as broken. and i've tried it on 3 computers and 2 connections now. The verification image doesn't show up.

Screw it, it works now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs