Hacking R4i-B9S flashcart: tested and impression

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to upload that file soon. It shouldn't take a week just to upload a .firm and the backup.bin :|

It doesn't help them that anytime someone asks them about it, they give a smart reply or ignore entirely.

Phoenix333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an r4i-sdhc and I won one of their b9s cards as well, I'd be willing to try and use the flasher once it comes out.

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an r4i-sdhc and I won one of their b9s cards as well, I'd be willing to try and use the flasher once it comes out.
Yeah, I won one too. I have it here in my 3DS just waiting for that flasher so I can play my favorite DS games ;~;

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Emailed again, waiting..

Ramses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I bit the bullet and brought one since I got the donations for it, so it should be in my hands within the week and i'll try to give somesort of review about it when I get it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hopefully they get back to me at some point in the future or I will have to buy this cart as well. There are still a lot of questions I have in regards to this cart that are going to require me to be actually using it to answer.

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they get back to me at some point in the future or I will have to buy this cart as well. There are still a lot of questions I have in regards to this cart that are going to require me to be actually using it to answer.
How I feel about the r4-sdhc team right now.
this-is-what-i-would-be-using-the-revert-firm-file-on-if-theyd-give-it-to-us.jpg

Like seriously, come on, is it that hard to zip 2 files and upload them? :|

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How I feel about the r4-sdhc team right now.
View attachment 101767

Like seriously, come on, is it that hard to zip 2 files and upload them? :|
I mean, it took like 3 weeks of being harassed just to get this far. But I do agree, this should have been done with the announcement.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They want to make as much money as they can before they release the .firm file. This makes me think that it might be able to flash NTRBoot to regular R4-SDHC carts. There wouldn't be a point in delaying it if it only makes the B9S carts DS game compatible.

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They want to make as much money as they can before they release the .firm file. This makes me think that it might be able to flash NTRBoot to regular R4-SDHC carts. There wouldn't be a point in delaying it if it only makes the B9S carts DS game compatible.
It's been over a week now. How long will this take them? .-.
They need to just stop being greedy along with money hungry and just release it already. It's just annoying at this point, I'm honestly ready to give up on them.

Also, it says it would be updated in a few days but, I don't think over a week is a "few days" ._.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
my shipment still in china from 1/10

2017-10-01 01:36
深圳市, 离开深圳市 发往深圳邮政速递公司中快(香港)业务部

maybe another week?

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My is still in China too.
2017-09-29 15:57

Shenzhen, Shenzhen postal courier logistics company's international business branch has been received (the embrace cast member name: Zhou Caiying

Last edited by pandavova,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if the flasher just forces the regular firmware to the flashcarts? Maybe they just used something like al3x_10m's NTRBoot flasher to flash NTRBoot to the cartridge. Since it ceases to function as a normal flashcart after injecting NTRBoot they could've written the flasher to flash the firmware to it anyway. It would be a lot easier since they're the manufacturers of the carts (you currently need a hardware flashing method to recover R4 carts used with al3x_10m's flasher). It would also be another reason for them to put off releasing the flasher. Why would anyone buy a $20 cart if they could make their $5 cart work and recover it to play DS games again? Someone on YouTube claims to have used it to flash NTRBoot to an R4 SDHC cart.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Phoenix333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my shipment still in china from 1/10

2017-10-01 01:36
深圳市, 离开深圳市 发往深圳邮政速递公司中快(香港)业务部

maybe another week?
Same. Its really annoying too because I was hoping to get it for Friday. China's a big place though so its gonna take a while to leave anyways.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had anything shipped from China arrive quickly. It always took forever to actually leave the area it's from. I don't know what shipping option they used either.

Phoenix333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, i really can't complain that much, it's free after all.
Yeah, this is the only way to get cfw for some people.

I'm curious, has anyone that actually won one had it arrive, if so how long did it take and when did you find out you won?
Also what region are you in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo