Hacking R4i-B9S flashcart: tested and impression

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
woodr4>>>ysmenu imo
I don’t disagree (although personally akAIO>Wood R4>ysmenu) but I am just saying that it’s an opinion.
It can be reverted for normal DS ROM/homebrew usage.
You are literally the second person to quote an old post of mine, please scroll up a little bit (not trying to be rude, just saying)

Last edited by The Catboy,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so they released the flasher after all. go figure.

which makes the higher price on the bs9 version basically a "i don't have a working magnet" tax (chuckle)

and it was always the ones WITHOUT the - in the name that had the time bombs.

r4i-sdhc=no time bomb
r4isdhc=time bomb. these are clones of the former.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once possible will someone with a spare SDHC card or thr right hardware to restore cards see if the flasher will work with non-B9S SDHC and SDHC dated/dual core cards to make them NTRBoot compatible? I don't have the hardware to test it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So ... all they had to do to silence the critics was drop a page-reload link and a few arm9 text screenshots.

Pretty efficient way to handle PR.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the flasher is for flashable r4i-sdhc.com cards, and seems to directly identify them.

it probably will NOT work for r4isdhc.com cards.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
the flasher is for flashable r4i-sdhc.com cards, and seems to directly identify them.

it probably will NOT work for r4isdhc.com cards.
I have no idea why people are talking as if this actually exists. Looks like they just edited strings in ntrboot_flasher or something and took screenshots.

This is not something that should take days to release. They are obviously capable of flashing arbitrary data to these cards already given the pre-flashed b9s. Don't understand the holdup unless they are trying to pull a fast one.

Reactions: some1ne

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This thing is about 2x expensive as other flashable R4i clones that you can use for B9S install and doesn't even play DS games......... and it advertises 128GB microSD dude WHY? All you put on it is a few MB worth of install and format tools....!! WOOHOO they included the magnet! O.=.o;;;;;;
  • All 3DS games are free to play
  • Work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, New 2DS and Old 2DS in all regions
  • Support popular Luma 3DS Custom Firmware
AAAAAAAAAA!

Over half these features are just shit you do on your console without any active implication of the flashcart. Sooooooo if you're a manufacturer who already has the tech and is putting flashcarts on the market, you redesign a shittier model that is utterly crippled and can only do one thing and costs double...... just whyyyyyyy?

Kill me!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This thing is about 2x expensive as other flashable R4i clones that you can use for B9S install and doesn't even play DS games......... and it advertises 128GB microSD dude WHY? All you put on it is a few MB worth of install and format tools....!! WOOHOO they included the magnet! O.=.o;;;;;;

AAAAAAAAAA!

Over half these features are just shit you do on your console without any active implication of the flashcart. Sooooooo if you're a manufacturer who already has the tech and is putting flashcarts on the market, you redesign a shittier model that is utterly crippled and can only do one thing and costs double...... just whyyyyyyy?

Kill me!

ummmmm, not sure if you are talking for real or you didn't read the update.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
ummmmm, not sure if you are talking for real or you didn't read the update.
The community always finds nice ways to repurpose stuff. But if you're a manufacturer and this is what you intend to give the consumers the ability to (not)do, this is just beyond moronic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The strip club you shoot up the hookers you pick up