redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Miser said:
DeltaBurnt said:
I just love how you ignore the posts that prove you wrong.
There's nothing to prove wrong since I'm not the one stating so-called facts here. All I did was telling the guy not to pull facts out of his ass. That's all. Can we drop this now?
this^

while i don't think that his theory about the r4 clones on shoptemp being made by the orig r4 team is correct, he never stated it as fact
whereas twiztidsinz did claim that he knows for a fact that the r4 no longer produces hardware and did not produce said fact...

it is *possible* that the chinese guys who got extremely rich from selling devices commonly used to break the law decided that they didn't give a shit about ninty and continued manufacturing hardware anyway..
no matter how unlikely it is that this is true, it is *possible*

[/argument]

tKo HaXoR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
magicksun said:
nooooo onee jelp mee?
just wait for ywg to release the source... =.="

Yes. Just wait for YWG to release the source code. This isn't intended to replace your clone firmware or YSMENU. Just posted my findings, if you want to try it, go ahead, but this isn't a stable R4 (Clone) Wood 1.4.

Once the source code is released, im sure there will be someone out there that makes this stable.

P.S. I posted this to inform, I come back later to find a flame war about R4 clones. Nice..very nice indeed.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
Miser said:
DeltaBurnt said:
There's nothing to prove wrong since I'm not the one stating so-called facts here. All I did was telling the guy not to pull facts out of his ass. That's all. Can we drop this now?
this^

while i don't think that his theory about the r4 clones on shoptemp being made by the orig r4 team is correct, he never stated it as fact
whereas twiztidsinz did claim that he knows for a fact that the r4 no longer produces hardware and did not produce said fact...

it is *possible* that the chinese guys who got extremely rich from selling devices commonly used to break the law decided that they didn't give a shit about ninty and continued manufacturing hardware anyway..

[/argument]
Can you offer -ANY- shred of evidence to support your thinking that the R4 team is still around in any capacity?

The evidence for R4 being no more has been shown time and time again.
It's a fact that the people behind R4 aren't active -- No more true R4 cards, no more true R4 firmware.
It's a fact that the people claiming to be the R4 team are not the real R4 team -- R4li/R4iLS uses a different firmware.

You're not going to find a note saying "HAI GUISE! WERE RFOUR ND WE NOT MAEKING KARTS NEMOAR!!!"
Trying to prove that the R4 Team is gone beyond a shadow of a doubt is like proving we landed on the moon.
No matter how much evidence you can provide to show we were there, there are just some people who are going to block their ears and say "I NEED BETTER PROOF!!!!!".

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
twiztidsinz said:
mercluke said:
Miser said:
DeltaBurnt said:
this^

[/argument]
Can you offer -ANY- shred of evidence to support your thinking that the R4 team is still around in any capacity?

The evidence for R4 being no more has been shown time and time again.
It's a fact that the people behind R4 aren't active -- No more true R4 cards, no more true R4 firmware.
It's a fact that the people claiming to be the R4 team are not the real R4 team -- R4li/R4iLS uses a different firmware.

You're not going to find a note saying "HAI GUISE! WERE RFOUR ND WE NOT MAEKING KARTS NEMOAR!!!"
Trying to prove that the R4 Team is gone beyond a shadow of a doubt is like proving we landed on the moon.
No matter how much evidence you can provide to show we were there, there are just some people who are going to block their ears and say "I NEED BETTER PROOF!!!!!".
there is already a thread about the r4 team,just stop spamming this thread,get back on topic god dammit

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaosisme said:
I renamed the DS_MENU_.DAT to WOODR4.NDS and left my original DS_MENU_.DAT on the root. I loaded the WOODR4.nds file and I got to a screen(bottom screen) that has micro sd, slot-2, and some other option. I chose micro sd and it said it could not be accessed and maybe the sd card was not inserted correctly. After moving around on the menu for a while it all freezes.

I'm using an R4SDHC and I didn't expect to get very far with this, just trying it out and posting the results.

I am using R4-III upgrade with YSmenu, YSmenu couldn't load woodr4.dat

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chambz said:
chaosisme said:
I renamed the DS_MENU_.DAT to WOODR4.NDS and left my original DS_MENU_.DAT on the root. I loaded the WOODR4.nds file and I got to a screen(bottom screen) that has micro sd, slot-2, and some other option. I chose micro sd and it said it could not be accessed and maybe the sd card was not inserted correctly. After moving around on the menu for a while it all freezes.

I'm using an R4SDHC and I didn't expect to get very far with this, just trying it out and posting the results.

I am using R4-III upgrade with YSmenu, YSmenu couldn't load woodr4.dat

You need to keep your original ds_menu_.dat and and change the extension on the new one to .nds, as in woodr4.nds, not woodr4.dat.

Try that.

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaosisme said:
You need to keep your original ds_menu_.dat and and change the extension on the new one to .nds, as in woodr4.nds, not woodr4.dat.

Try that.

Oh whoops. I did rename it to .nds, just typed it wrong here. So you don't think it'll work with YSmenu?

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chambz said:
chaosisme said:

Try that.

Oh whoops. I did rename it to .nds, just typed it wrong here. So you don't think it'll work with YSmenu?

I tried loading it with YSMenu too, and I think I got the same results. It's not working properly until someone comes up with a new way to do it or an update. R4menu works on my card though. Probably not as good, but it seems about as good as YSMenu. I have both of those on mine.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaosisme said:
Chambz said:
chaosisme said:

Try that.

I tried loading it with YSMenu too, and I think I got the same results. It's not working properly until someone comes up with a new way to do it or an update. R4menu works on my card though. Probably not as good, but it seems about as good as YSMenu. I have both of those on mine.

why don't you guys just USE Wood R4
tongue.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Voltarr said:
Does this works too on the original r4?
Somehow this question gives me the impression that you have a direct problem with using the search function correctly...not only did you find the one for clones (which doesn't work btw), but you didn't find the original one that was released xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10