Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bigdhe said:
i can´t download please upload from megaupload or 4shared
Don't try and use this...it even says on the first post that it doesn't fully work at the moment...unless of course you are planning to play without saving and would like to use whatever revision this is based off of (can't remember). You could try using Xenon++'s WAIO...he says he has gotten it to save for clones, but I suggest you also make sure you read EVERYTHING and back up your mSD...because if there are fragmented sav files...your mSD WILL get corrupted (and need a reformat).

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
bigdhe said:
i can´t download please upload from megaupload or 4shared
Don't try and use this...it even says on the first post that it doesn't fully work at the moment...unless of course you are planning to play without saving and would like to use whatever revision this is based off of (can't remember). You could try using Xenon++'s WAIO...he says he has gotten it to save for clones, but I suggest you also make sure you read EVERYTHING and back up your mSD...because if there are fragmented sav files...your mSD WILL get corrupted (and need a reformat).
Xennon's saves because it is using YSmenu to load not Wood. There is supposed to be a version of wood that will work with clones but whoever coded the changes will not release it.

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that the R4 I recently purchased from Price Angels was the real deal. But, now that I'm reading these posts, I'm thinking otherwise. Let me know what you guys think. I installed the latest Wood R4 on the card, it boots the menu, but freezes on the games. I've tested all the games previously on my Acekard 2i, so I know they're legit. The Official R4 system/firmware works on the card and those same games will boot just fine while it's installed. The card looks exactly as an R4 should, it's not an SDHC/Gold or any of the other clones that I was aware of. It says "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" on it. Although, on the back near the pins, it has this printed: "ROHS CARD-7A". Thanx for any help and suggestions.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ColdForge said:
I was under the impression that the R4 I recently purchased from Price Angels was the real deal. But, now that I'm reading these posts, I'm thinking otherwise. Let me know what you guys think. I installed the latest Wood R4 on the card, it boots the menu, but freezes on the games. I've tested all the games previously on my Acekard 2i, so I know they're legit. The Official R4 system/firmware works on the card and those same games will boot just fine while it's installed. The card looks exactly as an R4 should, it's not an SDHC/Gold or any of the other clones that I was aware of. It says "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" on it. Although, on the back near the pins, it has this printed: "ROHS CARD-7A". Thanx for any help and suggestions.
It may be a real R4... maybe something happened to your MicroSD?

My real R4 (first batch of non-spring loaded ones) says "ROHS CARD-7A" just above the contacts too, but I need to remove the shell to see that.
If you've opened the card, could you take a picture of the card? If not, look for some of the threads about legit R4s (There was one not too long ago actually) that have images in them and compare it to yours.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "ROHS CARD-7A" doesn't mean it's a real R4. Clones by their nature are a copy of the original.

My 'Clone' R4:

IMG_3524.jpg

It's won't be a real R4, it's clone.

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
The "ROHS CARD-7A" doesn't mean it's a real R4. Clones by their nature are a copy of the original.

My 'Clone' R4:

IMG_3524.jpg

It's won't be a real R4, it's clone.
I appreciate the input from twiztidsinz and tk_saturn. My card, other than the inside as I don't have the guts to open it, looks exactly like the pics u posted. I did forget to mention that it isn't spring loaded, and it came in a simple plastic package w/a mini sd card reader and no software to speak of. I originally bought the card for my wife's ds, as I have an Acekard 2i for my ds. I figured she wouldn't need the bells and whistles of the Acekard 2i and I had read about Wood and thought that would work out well. So, I guess I have to assume my card is a clone and that Wood is out of the question? The final authentic R4 firmware revision seems to run most of the games she wants to play, so I guess it's not a big issue so far. Thanx again for the help.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wood works on my clone in the photo. It's always possible yours was produced by a different group than mine.

You say you have 1.18 working, so set that as you had it and then extract this archive http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b86mc0hnr80c594 to the root of your MicroSD card. Then load WoodR4.NDS from 1.18. If that works, then you know it's an issue with how you were setting it up.

edit:

Seeing as you posted in this thread, did you use the file linked in the first post? if so that's your issue. That file is useless and shouldn't be used, all he's done is run Wood V1.04 through R4Crypt keeping the _DS_MENU.DAT filename. Either use the encrypted DAT file, or the decrypted file should be renamed to an NDS file.

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Wood works on my clone in the photo. It's always possible yours was produced by a different group than mine.

You say you have 1.18 working, so set that as you had it and then extract this archive http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b86mc0hnr80c594 to the root of your MicroSD card. Then load WoodR4.NDS from 1.18. If that works, then you know it's an issue with how you were setting it up.

edit:

Seeing as you posted in this thread, did you use the file linked in the first post? if so that's your issue. That file is useless and shouldn't be used, all he's done is run Wood V1.04 through R4Crypt keeping the _DS_MENU.DAT filename. Either use the encrypted DAT file, or the decrypted file should be renamed to an NDS file.
I followed all your directions EXCEPT downloading the file from MediaFire because I couldn't. I attempted the download and an ad popped up on the bottom asking me to upgrade my mediafire account. Instead I downloaded Wood 1.12 from filetrip. After changing _DS_MENU.DAT to _DS_MENU.NDS, I started up 1.18, went to GAMES, selected the _DS_MENU.NDS from the R4_Root folder from Wood 1.12, it took quite some time to load, and then I was given a glorious white screen, which I'm still staring at.

I have to assume that I possibly erred somewhere. I'm going to move some of the files around as I did not place the files contained in R4_Root onto the root of the sd card as I still wanted 1.18 to load instead of Wood initially. Is it possible that the RPG folder has to still be in the Root of the SD card for wood to function normally the way you suggested?

edit:

I placed the RPG folder(the 1.12 files) in the root along with _DS_MENU.NDS. Unfortunately, it garnered the same results. I'll have to continue to tinker and see if I can get it to work properly. Regardless, I still appreciate the help and the info.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't have to sign up for a mediafire account to download, just click on the
QUOTE said:
which is in blue text inside the orange box in the middle of the page.

You can't just rename _DS_MENU.DAT to _DS_MENU.NDS, you have to decrypt it through R4Crypt as in my guide which will then allow you to use it as an NDS file..

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You don't have to sign up for a mediafire account to download, just click on the
QUOTE said:
which is in blue text inside the orange box in the middle of the page.

You can't just rename _DS_MENU.DAT to _DS_MENU.NDS, you have to decrypt it through R4Crypt as in my guide which will then allow you to use it as an NDS file..
See that's the strange thing, I click on the "Click here to start download", it then says "Your Download is Starting", then the ad pops up on the bottom and the text in the box changes back to "Click here to start download". I normally use Firefox, so I even tried to use Internet Explorer to download the rar.

The previous issue withstanding, you've shown me my err for simply renaming the _DS_MENU.DAT to _DS_MENU.NDS. So, now I'll decrypt the _DS_MENU.DAT and see where I get from there. Hopefully the files in the Filetrip download are the same/comparable as the ones from Mediafire which I seem unable to access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1