Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
twiztidsinz said:
But the fact is that the R4's aren't being made anymore.
Any proof to back this "fact" up?

Yes. The R4 team is no more.

Any cards made, even if they are the EXACT SAME, are not real R4s.

Miser said:
What does me having been here a month have to do with anything?
Because then you would know the answer to the question you asked above.

QUOTE(Miser @ Apr 12 2010, 06:27 PM)
I know that Nintendo sued the R4 team and that they stopped updating the firmware etc.
I was just asking for some proof that real R4s are not made anymore. Just like he asked for proof when Jakob stated that the R4li and EX4DS are made by the original R4 team.
Who knows, maybe they still make them.
Sorry no.
Nintendo didn't go after them to stop updating firmware... they went after them to stop manufacturing the hardware and development of the firmware. That's what happens when a giant like Nintendo goes after you. They're going to shut you down completely.

The reason people asked Jakob for proof of the R4li and EX4DS being real R4 members is that the R4 team DISBANDED.
To say that they came back as another team -- either R4li (which anyone with two braincells who used the R4li firmware would know that it is NOT the real R4 firmware) or EX4DS -- and not offer a shred of evidence to back it up is an extremely wild claim.
The reason no one asked me for proof of my "claim" is that it's 'history'. It's something that actually happened and anyone who was around during it or read about it after would know.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
and not offer a shred of evidence to back it up
You're not offering evidence to back up your claims either.
You say that the R4 team is no more. Where's your proof?
Those seemingly genuine R4s at Shoptemp are coming from somewhere. What makes you so sure they're not from the original manufacturer? They could have started manufacturing them again.
I'm just telling you what you told Jakob. Don't pull facts out of you ass.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
twiztidsinz said:
and not offer a shred of evidence to back it up
You're not offering evidence to back up your claims either.
You say that the R4 team is no more. Where's your proof?
Those seemingly genuine R4s at Shoptemp are coming from somewhere. What makes you so sure they're not from the original manufacturer? They could have started manufacturing them again.
I'm just telling you what you told Jakob. Don't pull facts out of you ass.

Even if they are from the original manufacturer that doesn't prove that the original team is alive again.

The team doesn't make the carts or own a factory, they just commission a factory to make the R4s for them.

Plus when people mainly say that the team is dead they're referring to the fact that the R4 get's no updates and they're officially banned in Japan.

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I renamed the DS_MENU_.DAT to WOODR4.NDS and left my original DS_MENU_.DAT on the root. I loaded the WOODR4.nds file and I got to a screen(bottom screen) that has micro sd, slot-2, and some other option. I chose micro sd and it said it could not be accessed and maybe the sd card was not inserted correctly. After moving around on the menu for a while it all freezes.

I'm using an R4SDHC and I didn't expect to get very far with this, just trying it out and posting the results.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
chaosisme said:
I renamed the DS_MENU_.DAT to WOODR4.NDS and left my original DS_MENU_.DAT on the root. I loaded the WOODR4.nds file and I got to a screen(bottom screen) that has micro sd, slot-2, and some other option. I chose micro sd and it said it could not be accessed and maybe the sd card was not inserted correctly. After moving around on the menu for a while it all freezes.

I'm using an R4SDHC and I didn't expect to get very far with this, just trying it out and posting the results.
same happened to me yesterday,i think this may work later if someone fixes this

i own a r4sdhc too

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:
TrolleyDave said:
You've been here a month. If you were around at the demise of the R4 team you wouldn't be asking such a pointless question. R4's are not made any more. Ask any veteran of the scene and they'll tell you that real R4's are not made any more. Do you think people say it because there's some kind of global conspiracy to give the R4 a bad name or to put people off buying them? Do you think we all work for competitors and are merely trying to stop sales? Or could it perhaps be that we tell people because we're genuinely concerned that a newcomer to the flashcart scene makes a sound purchase? Why is it always the newcomers who tell the people who've been in the scene for years that they're wrong?
What does me having been here a month have to do with anything? I know that Nintendo sued the R4 team and that they stopped updating the firmware etc.
I was just asking for some proof that real R4s are not made anymore. Just like he asked for proof when Jakob stated that the R4li and EX4DS are made by the original R4 team.
Who knows, maybe they still make them.

You having only been here a month has alot to do with it. If you had been around when the R4 team shut down then you would have seen the many many many many many many threads talking about it. You also would have seen this thread. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97627

The reason that people asked for proof from Jakob is because, as Minox put it, he's like the boy who cried wolf. He makes many many claims all of which turn out to be absolute rubbish. He also admitted in the thread that he doesn't have a clue if it's true or not. He says he's done a Miss Marple impression and come up with this little titbit of information. So because a) he talks so much shit at times that he makes a politician look downright clever and b) he even admitted he didn't have a clue people asked him for proof.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
You having only been here a month has alot to do with it. If you had been around when the R4 team shut down then you would have seen the many many many many many many threads talking about it. You also would have seen this thread. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97627
I've been lurking at DS-Scene for over 3 years, ever since I got my R4. I have visited here a few times before aswell. I know what happened to the R4 team.
I'm just saying, they could have restarted manufacturing those cards. Twiztidsinz shouldn't tell people that the ones on Shoptemp are fakes, clones, counterfeits or whatever he's calling them when he doesn't have any proof. Especially after telling other people not to do so. That's all.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:
TrolleyDave said:
I've been lurking at DS-Scene for over 3 years, ever since I got my R4. I have visited here a few times before aswell. I know what happened to the R4 team.
I'm just saying, they could have restarted manufacturing those cards. Twiztidsinz shouldn't tell people that the ones on Shoptemp are fakes, clones, counterfeits or whatever he's calling them when he doesn't have any proof. Especially after telling other people not to do so. That's all.

The carts are counterfeit. They're very good counterfeits, but they're counterfeit none the less. There is no evidence that they're manufactured by the original R4 team. Many exact replicas appeared during the time the R4 team was still alive. Much information was posted about them, including on the official R4 site. Even DX mentioned that they were not from the original R4 team, but were exact copies.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
The SD R4s at shoptemp are clones of the original and I believe they come from R4li team. If you open the plastic shell and look at the top corner of the backside you will see a double digit made up of numbers or letters, real R4's only had a single digit; Plus the code on the chips are #815 the same as what is listed on the R4li homepage. Shoptemp is selling the same SD clones as every other store selling these cards at similar prices.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
There is no evidence that they're manufactured by the original R4 team.
There's no evidence that they're not manufactured by the original R4 team either.
Also, I really don't care. I just told the guy not to pull facts out of his ass after he told the same thing to the other guy.

QUOTE(flamingo24 @ Apr 13 2010, 04:31 AM) The SD R4s at shoptemp are clones of the original and I believe they come from R4li team. If you open the plastic shell and look at the top corner of the backside you will see a double digit made up of numbers or letters, real R4's only had a single digit; Plus the code on the chips are #815 the same as what is listed on the R4li homepage.
That's interesting because rumor has it that the R4li team is the original R4 team.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
Twiztidsinz shouldn't tell people that the ones on Shoptemp are fakes, clones, counterfeits or whatever he's calling them when he doesn't have any proof. Especially after telling other people not to do so. That's all.I do have proof. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

R4 Team is no more.
Therefore R4 Team is not developing or manufacturing anything
Therefore any new product with an R4 name is a FAKE or COUNTERFEIT.

Admittedly, I'm sure after they broke up there was surplus stock to be sold... but that was nearly TWO YEARS ago.
I can say with a fair amount of certainty that given how well "R4"s are -still- selling that any surplus of legitimate R4's have sold out a long time ago.

As for the clones that are made 100% exactly like the real R4s.... to reiterate an analogy I made earlier:
If I make the parts 100% exactly to standard and put it together 100% exactly to standard it's still a counterfeit Rolex.

Miser said:
QUOTE(flamingo24 @ Apr 13 2010, 04:31 AM) The SD R4s at shoptemp are clones of the original and I believe they come from R4li team. If you open the plastic shell and look at the top corner of the backside you will see a double digit made up of numbers or letters, real R4's only had a single digit; Plus the code on the chips are #815 the same as what is listed on the R4li homepage.
That's interesting because rumor has it that the R4li team is the original R4 team.
BULL. SHIT.

Want proof?
Find a real R4 (or real R4 clone) and put the OFFICIAL R4 firmware on it.
Use it... get a good feel for it... notice the little details.
Now load the R4ils firmware on it.
Use it... get a good feel for it... notice how all the little details of the R4 menu are NOT THERE.
Notice how there are NUMEROUS bugs in the R4ils firmware that aren't there on the official one.

IF R4ils/R4il team was the original R4 team -OR EVEN JUST ONE PERSON ON THAT TEAM- they would have the original firmware to use as a base and not just a firmware made to look like the original firmware.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:
TrolleyDave said:
There's no evidence that they're not manufactured by the original R4 team either.
Also, I really don't care. I just told the guy not to pull facts out of his ass after he told the same thing to the other guy.

The evidence that it's not is the fact that the company no longer exists. And as I said, the reason Jakob constantly gets asked for proof is because he talks alot of rubbish. He even admits it's just guess work, and pretty poor guess work. Jakob constantly pulls facts out of his ass so he gets called on them, simple as.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:

Have you even tested the kernel updates for the original R4 by the R4li team? It is slow and buggy when compared to the official kernels, do you not think the official team would know how to update there own kernel w/o slowing it down and adding bugs. The updates by the R4li team are hacks of the original kernel not source code compiled modifications.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Miser said:
TrolleyDave said:

The evidence that it's not is the fact that the company no longer exists. And as I said, the reason Jakob constantly gets asked for proof is because he talks alot of rubbish. He even admits it's just guess work, and pretty poor guess work. Jakob constantly pulls facts out of his ass so he gets called on them, simple as.

Yah but it's a lot less likely that it could be the 1 original team making something than some of the other thousands of people out there that could be doing it.

(^ Is a response to Miser not TrolleyDave)

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
I do have proof. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

R4 Team is no more.
You stating "R4 Team is no more." is not proof. It's a statement with no proof to back it up.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
I just love how you ignore the posts that prove you wrong.
There's nothing to prove wrong since I'm not the one stating so-called facts here. All I did was telling the guy not to pull facts out of his ass. That's all. Can we drop this now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1