R4 / M3DSS official stop production

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
if you dont believe, just let it be a joke, but I have to tell you this is truth.

M3DSS official announced stop production at their chinese E-Shop (生產終了)

and Team R4 also stopped their production from today, the news will be posted next week at some of the famous chinese game magazine.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh sh its so hard to find a card other than r4 here. i could order online but it aint so great. i guess i'll rely on dldi and arm7 patches

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
silent sniper said:
Is there still gonna be updates?
Not a chance in hell.
They've ALREADY stopped releasing updates.
They should open source their loader now, they have nothing to lose.
Though they won't - but it would be nice, and with the high popularity R4 had when it first came out, before there came flashcarts with more features, I bet it would get all those nice features pretty quickly if they open sourced it, as opposed to AKRPG, which never had such a high popularity.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Sephiroth said:
xJonny said:
This is pretty big news, now people won't be able to buy R4s, What will the next newb buy cart will be?
The N5 unfortunately.

But it may be canceled soon too since it's a clone.
Yeah, but it has been doing their own updates though.
ohmy.gif

I didn't know that.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahtin said:
if you dont believe, just let it be a joke, but I have to tell you this is truth.

M3DSS official announced stop production at their chinese E-Shop (????)

and Team R4 also stopped their production from today, the news will be posted next week at some of the famous chinese game magazine.
Ahtin, is it 100% closed doors for R4 then (nothing will come from them in the future for current owners), or is it that they are moving to a SDHC compatible product finally and discontinuing their current R4 line? I had the thought something was coming in september...

Be interesting to see how this turns out. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to make a (new) loader that is open source, but if they are going to entirely ditch their customers who made them popular while filling their pockets... source would be nice as maintenance from them directly has been lacking.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan, the posts I've seen you make recently make you sound like an R4 fanboy.

theclaw said:
Who knows? R4 seems to be the world's most popular slot 1 cart. I haven't heard much from the company, if anything.

ahtin is probably the person here who is most trustable with news like this.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda worried since I never upgraded to a slot-1 device, and I use their M3 Perfect SD. I mean, granted there haven't been any firmware updates since...uh, forever, but it still works rather well for me. There's actually a new Chinese firmware out but even then...

I can safely assume this news doesn't affect me seeing how they don't really support what I have anyway. =P I'm amazed it's lasted this long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?