pSNES: Switch Snes9x port

Here is pSNES, a snes9x port to multiple platforms.

screenshot_mini.png

Readme:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD

Source code:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/

Download:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• devkitPro and libnx people: fincs, WntrMute, yellows8, plutoo...
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

clout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
l
No, but there is a way to save switch files :)

@cpasjuste 1000 thanks for adding caligari shader. Any ETA on a new version, at least just with this change (even if I saw you were busy over the last few days)? My eyes will thank you for the next 2 centuries.
did i miss something ... is there a new version with the caligari shader released ?

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same phenomenon as you. But I use the SX OS's own homebrew to lanunch PFBA and PSNES. PFBA 1.58 and PSNES 1.6 doens't have this issue.
#metoo here! pfba then psnes guarantees an orange screen of death. SXOS and homebrew menu both have this problem.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
#metoo here! pfba then psnes guarantees an orange screen of death. SXOS and homebrew menu both have this problem.
An update to fix this is coming someday. In the meantime you should exit HB launcher before trying to load something else.

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update to fix this is coming someday. In the meantime you should exit HB launcher before trying to load something else.
Awesome! This does fix the problem. Thank you.

When Retroarch for Switch came out I thought about using it instead of your PFBA and PSNES emulators. But I soon found out that the Retroarch save/load function is unreliable, also the filters are slower for example in PSNES super eagle doesn't seem to slow down games at all whereas the same in Retroarch will cause sound to stutter. In PFBA super eagle does cause stuttering as well. In any case I came back to your awesome emulators.

A minor comment--I liked the old single-joycon layout better, where a click of the stick stands in for select/start. It's more intuitive and easier to remember than the current combination. I like the select/start combination for the menu better too. Just my 2 cents in case you are considering going back or allowing an alternative control scheme. Or did you have a strong reason to change the old scheme that I don't see?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Can someone make a cbeat file for shin megami tensei 1
I need the neutral path cheat because of how buggy this game is i messed something up
Heres the code can someone make a .cht file of this

7e101c80
7e107c80

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
But I soon found out that the Retroarch save/load function is unreliable

It’s working 100% fine for me. I stopped using all other emulators since retroarch 175 came out, it’s the best thing to happen to Switch this year.

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s working 100% fine for me. I stopped using all other emulators since retroarch 175 came out, it’s the best thing to happen to Switch this year.
I might have quitted the emulator too soon after saving, but I indeed had an incident of lost save state. On the other hand at least PSNES is smoother than retroarch with super eagle enabled. I agree retroarch is a major step for the Switch.

Reactions: wizra

jeroen tilmans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there, my switch freezes on sx os 6.01 firmware 5.1, got error 2144-0002, any one experience the same when using this emu? No roms set up in a folder yet

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone try importing save states? I have some from the desktop snes9x. Can I copy and paste them and load them via psnes?

miesssiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there, my switch freezes on sx os 6.01 firmware 5.1, got error 2144-0002, any one experience the same when using this emu? No roms set up in a folder yet

This basically means there is a corrupted file on your SD card or it isn't formatted the right way (I got this error when I formatted on MAC OSX in stead of Windows). I used to get this error ALL the time. Then I formatted the SD on Windows and I also never paste more than 1 file at a time. No I don't get this error as often.. only once a week maybe when it used to be every day. ;)

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome! I'm just missing 2 player support, but i'm sure it's coming later
Also, do you plan to update psnes as Snes 9x released a new version?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, the regular saves ain't working. I tried this with both SNES and PS1 games, and can confirm that, for whatever reason, saving simply doesn't work consistently enough to where I don't feel like playing any RPGs anytime soon. Yeah, I know there's save states, but those come with the drawback of, if you load a save state when you meant to load, push the wrong combination of buttons, or whatever, all of the progress you made just goes "poof!"

Personally, I'd use RetroNX until this issue can be resolved to be consistent. I know RA has various issues atm, so it's best to just wait it out for them to iron out all of the bugs that can have big effects on, say, your playthrough of Xenogears!

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the regular saves ain't working. I tried this with both SNES and PS1 games, and can confirm that, for whatever reason, saving simply doesn't work consistently enough to where I feel like playing any RPGs anytime soon. Yeah, I know there's save states, but those come with the drawback of, if you load a save state when you meant to load, push the wrong combination of buttons, or whatever, all of the progress you made just goes "poof!"

Personally, I'd use RetroNX until this issue can be resolved to be consistent. I know RA has various issues atm, so it's best to just wait it out for them to iron out all of the bugs that can have big effects on, say, your playthrough of Xenogears!
Are you using an exFAT sdcard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.