Homebrew Discussion PSA: IM BANNANAS by playing Online using Xecuter OS SX

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many more of these ban threads do we need? It's simple, folks... just stay OFFLINE with your pirated games. If you care about online at all, then don't use cfw. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

Hackerman_2137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is so many threads about baning that im now little confused. I used 2 times homebrew lanucher for copying my Skyrim and BOTW Saves, and i didnt nothing else. Is there a chance that my console will banned? I used homebrew lanucher about 3 weeks ago and im still not banned

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is so many threads about baning that im now little confused. I used 2 times homebrew lanucher for copying my Skyrim and BOTW Saves, and i didnt nothing else. Is there a chance that my console will banned? I used homebrew lanucher about 3 weeks ago and im still not banned
Read the first page. No one is banned (yet), you just cannot play backups online.

Reactions: MehMeh27

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I believe this!

Are these backups of games you own not borrowed or rented to make backups? If they are yours post a picture of payday 2 gamecard next to switch with it showing loaded in you switch. I only say this because you have a few games loaded but it appears that this is the token that isn’t getting verified as in a blank header.

And I don’t want fake news.

I say I am very suspicious of this because this because there is no cart information being shown please show game cart in a picture or something

Nintendo banning game cards cause mass chaos in the used gaming scene and would ultimately hurt Nintendo because no one would want to by the units ie no game sales

Last edited by Zonark,

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I believe this!

Are these backups of games you own not borrowed or rented to make backups? If they are yours post a picture of payday 2 gamecard next to switch with it showing loaded in you switch. I only say this because you have a few games loaded but it appears that this is the token that isn’t getting verified as in a blank header.

And I don’t want fake news.

I say I am very suspicious of this because this because there is no cart information being shown please show game cart in a picture or something

Nintendo banning game cards cause mass chaos in the used gaming scene and would ultimately hurt Nintendo because no one would want to by the units ie no game sales
Nintendo has NOT banned game cards. At all. They’re just able to detect that we are playing backups REGARDLESS if it’s a scene dump or your own.

Once again, the game carts still work fine and can be played online even on sx os. Even after backing up the exact same game with its cert / header not modified it will not be able to access online.

And again. It’s nothing to do with the cert.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has NOT banned game cards. At all. They’re just able to detect that we are playing backups REGARDLESS if it’s a scene dump or your own.

Once again, the game carts still work fine and can be played online even on sx os. Even after backing up the exact same game with its cert / header not modified it will not be able to access online.

I still wanna see a picture of this just for verification I mean I don’t know if this backup was shared or anything I mean this technically should be spoofable since this check would have to happen on the system

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can’t dectect CIA dumps, people are just spreading false rumors.

nothing to do with the switch

also to clarify, nintendo has the ability to detect cia if they made the effort to and they did on the switch because like what's been said about the online ID is that going on basically = a check of your titleID. even on the 3ds, the titleID had to be changed because if more than 1 person was going online using the same titleID, it would prevent you from going online.

on the switch, nintendo clearly has a database of titleID so yea, they can detect.

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how the accusers of falsity have clearly not read the post by Scires. The one that says how Nintendo checks for who to ban and how certs work, its just fun

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright I just figured out how to play your own CART backups online. It’s pretty pointless as you still need the cart.

Step by step.

1) Insert your game cart and start.

2) In the game cart access online so that you connect to Nintendo’s server.

3) After you connected exit and close the game.

4) You can now load the backup of the same game AND have access to online with no problems.

I do have video proof but it’s like 5 minutes and it’s really shit. I can upload if you reeeeally want.

Last edited by TotalJustice,
Reactions: sorabora and x0x0

x0x0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alright I just figured out how to play your own CART backups online. It’s pretty pointless as you still need the cart.

Step by step.

4) You can now load the backup of the same game AND have access to online with no problems.

I do have video proof but it’s like 5 minutes and it’s really shit. I can upload if you reeeeally want.
Can i use your video to first page?

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Step by step.

Can i use your video to first page?
ill retake it then as I’m talking through the video and I could make it overall a lot quicker.
If you want to record your own and post that go ahead :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here we go!

The ability to play online stays until you power of the console. It’s as if when you connect online something on the cart gets verified, which then sticks on the system.

Last edited by TotalJustice,

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like the console still checks the cert of the game from the cart even if the cart is not present right? That would explain why the game won't go online without the original game being inserted first.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

Nintendo is banning gamecart certificates: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1009436235536871424

Pretty trusted source if you ask me.

Reactions: TotalJustice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.