Homebrew Discussion PSA: IM BANNANAS by playing Online using Xecuter OS SX

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
This could change and it could be a privilege completely revoked too if abused (which is likely what will happen in the very near future).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If its signed and encrypted and somewhat routinely updated, then its a really good system to differentiate carts from dumps, and users with carts from users who dumped the carts and then tried to... dump the carts. And if it fails, you then ban the cert outright. But you also have someone routinely flagging their own console as a bad actor, so you ban that too.

Pure speculation at this point, and pirating on the switch is only dumb if you care about online (atm).

Besides your speculation, You are correct, N have system up there security on the carts from the 3DS.

my question is If the dumps are true 1:1 then they have everything that is on the cart, so surely we have the information that is stopping from backups working online already, but simply not returning it correctly when asked (or maybe TX fucked up the implmentation some how).

also to the person asking how TX can play roms without owning the cart processor,(speculating) it intercepts the OS's calls and redirects them to the SD, therefore never needing to touch the cart's chips.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So looking at their patch notes, unless I am misreading, it's seems we have our answer. SXOS was providing a bad cert for dumps (now patched). This is why the cart worked (real cert) but the dump was failing (bad cert).

... Which means everyone flagged their consoles using it, even with their own dumps. Cart cert bans will likely now come if pirated headers start running into conflicts.

The automated system seems to be pretty quick in passing bans then.

Last edited by V-Temp,
Reactions: Maximilious

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So looking at their patch notes, unless I am misreading, it's seems we have our answer. SXOS was providing a bad cert for dumps (now patched). This is why the cart worked (real cert) but the dump was failing (bad cert).

... Which means everyone flagged their consoles using it, even with their own dumps. Cart cert bans will likely now come if pirated headers start running into conflicts.

No.

I'm tired of those noobs facepalm

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I don't think users who did this flagged their ENTIRE console, mainly just the backup they were loading.
Proof of this might be the fact that only said game was failing to connect, but others played just fine, and since no user tried doing a legit vs. backup try with TX OS online, I doubt we might found out :P
But most likely it's just the backup's certs which were bad, once you use the proper cert from the cartridge backup, it should be good again and should connect.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think users who did this flagged their ENTIRE console, mainly just the backup they were loading.
Proof of this might be the fact that only said game was failing to connect, but others played just fine, and since no user tried doing a legit vs. backup try with TX OS online, I doubt we might found out :P
But most likely it's just the backup's certs which were bad, once you use the proper cert from the cartridge backup, it should be good again and should connect.

Connecting with a bad cert still requires the console ID as part of the auth token generation. Failing a cert check will absolutely associate with a console ID.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Connecting with a bad cert still requires the console ID as part of the auth token generation. Failing a cert check will absolutely associate with a console ID.
Still though, people could still play online with legit games.
Nintendo might have gotten the console's ID, but they haven't acted on those premature online players yet, only the backup game's certs were banned (it seems).

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still though, people could still play online with legit games.
Nintendo might have gotten the console's ID, but they haven't acted on those premature online players yet, only the backup game's certs were banned (it seems).

They aren't banning consoles at this time. A flag isn't a ban, it's a flag.

The cert failures are being rejected and bad certs are being banned. But this still needs as part of auth the console ID.

Reactions: xstationbr

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
Cart cert bans will likely now come if pirated headers start running into conflicts.

But has any cert actually been banned yet ?, Because untill now SX OS hasn't been returning a cert to be banned.

This remind me of the Beginning of 3ds scene and also Wii U scene xD
Everyone was like this: UHHHH WI WIL GIT BENNED

Turned out the bans where very very minors..
I remember the same paranoia.

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
Bans are still being passed out. Logically, its safer to ban the console first than the certificate. We cannot say that they won't ban the certificates eventually.
I thought BBB removed all the cert data before releasing?

If so cert banning for public xci is useless, and console banning is the only thing they could do

Last edited by Jungle_Jon,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

If so cert banning for public xci is useless, and console banning is the only thing they could do
As far as I know, scene dumps lack a valid certificate and that's why they couldn't be used for online play. And as @Draxzelex already said, only because no certificate has been banned yet, that doesn't mean that this won't happen sometime in the future.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They did remove them but there were tools to inject them back in such as your own personal headers, especially with v1.1. Certificate banning is only useful if Nintendo holds onto the hope that you will revoke your hacking ways and buy stuff from the eShop. So yeah, its debatable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: