Homebrew Discussion PSA: IM BANNANAS by playing Online using Xecuter OS SX

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No, he's connected to the wifi the whole time. Watch the icon to the right of the time. In addition, it's quite normal that the Wifi reception varies.
Shut up!!! its obvious he has no bars or are you stupid! look at the picture on his youtube video. Watch the video again. 1st time he goes out, no bars goes up by 1, second time no bars goes up by 1 and back down to none. Hes wifi connection is just terrible thats the problem. The online game is fighting to connect to a good solid signal, thats why its errord out!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't make any sense, they cant ban him from using online play on a cfw back up and let him play online ofw, how the f**k would Ninti even know the difference! Its still the same console using SX OS cfw or using OFW.

Last edited by Reecey,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shut up!!! its obvious he has no bars or are you stupid! look at the picture on his youtube video. Watch the video again. 1st time he goes out, no bars goes up by 1, second time no bars goes up by 1 and back down to none. Hes wifi connection is just terrible thats the problem. The online game is fighting to connect to a good solid signal, thats why its errord out!

It doesn't make any sense, they cant ban him from using online play on a cfw back up and let him play online ofw, how the f**k would Ninti even know the difference! Its still the same console using SX OS cfw or using OFW.

nintendo can see 100s of people playing online using the same game cart cert... ban that cert... rip online of that game

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Besides, he gets the error "The use of online services is currently restricted by Nintendo". If he wouldn't be connected to the wifi, a different error would pop up.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Besides, he gets the error "The use of online services is currently restricted by Nintendo". If he wouldn't be connected to the wifi, a different error would pop up.
I've seen the stupid error myself in Splatoon 2, when I cannot connect to the wifi online servers properly.

Last edited by Reecey,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
That's not to say however that Nintendo cannot detect or even read any kind of log or modification made to the system, even if you don't go online on the emunand, who's not to tell they cannot grab the info in your "clean" sysnand you use for online?
Put it as you will, but NO ONE is safe even if using an offline emunand and only using the clean sysnand for online, that's why I find it to be more of a nuisance than a relief.

The only way I see to avoid this is to never go online, period.

When you boot in to RCM mode Horizon (Switch's OS) hasn't even started to boot at this point, so unless the Switch is logging its been booted in to RCM mode in theory you should be pretty safe. Anything else that happens after this such as booting Linux or an Emunand should be oblivious to any logs on your Sysnand.

However theirs no proof either way that will be enough at this point. It certainly can't hurt to be careful at the moment though until we see how Nintendo react.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They could have wifi issues I've seen this error myself on my switch several times and its been a wifi connection problem.

Check the video again using payday 2, the first time he goes out, none asap and it goes up 1 bar instant, the second time hes got no wifi signal at all unless your blind you can plainly see it in the video! look at the picture on the youtube video no signal! I'm saying its because he has no wifi connection.
It's not a wifi issue.

Did anyone try another game after? Like from a cart? I'm wondering if theyre banning console fingerprints also.
Games from a cart are fine. Its backups that cannot be played online regardless if it's your own or a scene dump.

Last edited by TotalJustice,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He's not banned.......yet, but he did get caught. Anyway, what does getting your switch banned do? What function do you really lose?
Depends on the type of ban.
From what I've seen so far, playing online with backups seem to ban you from the game's online server, not Nintendo's.
You can still download updates/DLC and enter eShop, etc, but not play online with the game.

However, the type of ban SciresM and ShinyQuarsire got seem to be more hard, as they claim they cannot access any service whatsoever.

Reactions: xxBLACKBEARDxx

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen so far, playing online with backups seem to ban you from the game's online server, not Nintendo's.
You can still download updates/DLC and enter eShop, etc, but not play online with the game.

However, the type of ban SciresM and ShinyQuarsire got seem to be more hard, as they claim they cannot access any service whatsoever.
Wasn't the latter because of CDN servers?

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what i can tell nintendo are able to check if they is an ACTUAL cart inserted when playing a backup. If you have a cart inserted you cannot load a game from sx menu. Perhaps in a future update sx will enable having a cart inserted at the same time as loading a backup, this would hopefully pass the check nintendo is doing to see if the cart is inserted.
However they could also then check if the header and cert from the cart matches up with the backup.

This is all theory and just pure guesswork keep in mind.

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought Scires said he could access it all, he did get into CDN stuff. But he said only reason he knew was because he saw on data he was sending back and forth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1