Country
Hong Kong

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got mine! It seems pretty awesome but games seem laggy to me. I recenrrly installed my 250GB laptop harddrive inot my ps3. I installed LBP to that and the menus and gameplay tend to lag around. More like a framerate drop. I don't know why I always thought that Harddrives were faster than disk drives but I guess it is 5200 RPM so idk.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Does that include the need to plug out & in the power cable every time on a power cycle though it's already jailbroken before? That's the main concern...
frown.gif
That needs to be done with every jailbreak right now since there's no custom firmware yet (consider it temporary firmware like on some PSP models). People have suggest using a power strip and positioning it so the off/reset switch is in an easy-to-reach place.

Bloodlust said:
Can I...Check the stickied FAQ. As for the BD-R, I haven't seen it confirmed yet and people have their doubts.

Bloodlust said:
Awesome, is this a clone of the original ps3 jailbreak or has the it really gone down from the original 100+USD to such a price now?
It's a clone. Once the exploit was found copies start cropping up almost overnight.

QUOTE(CheatingSoi @ Sep 14 2010, 01:53 PM)
Just got mine! It seems pretty awesome but games seem laggy to me. I recenrrly installed my 250GB laptop harddrive inot my ps3. I installed LBP to that and the menus and gameplay tend to lag around. More like a framerate drop. I don't know why I always thought that Harddrives were faster than disk drives but I guess it is 5200 RPM so idk.
I'm waiting on somebody to try various HDD speeds and report the differences.

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Wireless...PS3_Black-29228

A PS3 Controller for only $30?
Is this for real? They have some of the labeling and words on the remote blurred out (choppy-ish).
I never shopped at lightake, so I'm not all to sure about if I can fully trust it
unsure.gif

I've been told before: "If it's too good to be true, it usually is."
A new controller around my area runs for around $54.99
blink.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
gibberish said:
you can get the original psjailbreak for $30 now. and yes it works with the official software.
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.USB_PS_J...im_Models-32476

Can I play downloaded PS3 games? Or also the ability to play games using DVD-R stated in http://muppet-modding.com/showthread.php?tid=87

Awesome, is this a clone of the original ps3 jailbreak or has the it really gone down from the original 100+USD to such a price now?

it says its fake right in that thread, he was booting a game from the backup manager

QUOTE(mastermanna123 @ Sep 14 2010, 04:28 PM)

Is this for real? They have some of the labeling and words on the remote blurred out (choppy-ish).
I never shopped at lightake, so I'm not all to sure about if I can fully trust it
unsure.gif

blink.gif
its a knockoff, thats why they blurred the name (they couldnt even bother to take pics of their own products)

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
mastermanna123 said:

unsure.gif

blink.gif
its a knockoff, thats why they blurred the name (they couldnt even bother to take pics of their own products)

Soo... Does this mean get the Ps3break from them still? Especially since I'm ordering 4-5 at once.
And since it's a knockoff, I guess ordering a controller from them would be a bad idea?

Either way, I can always fall back on shoptemp
happy.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its really your choice on the controller, it will probably break quickly though (I know this from dealing with a lot of third party controllers) its just not worth it imo

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:

you obviously dont shop at these kind of places much. it is their own product, they blurred the logo because paypal will get shitty with them otherwise, and they rely on paypal to take payments. the controller you order will have sony logos all over it.
secondly, stuff from china webshops is not as simple as "real" or "fake". sure, some things are just total knock offs, but a lot of stuff like this (small electronics) is simply ghost shift product. for example, the team behind ps3break commission a factory to manufacture their product. the factory makes their stuff but keeps running the machines afrter hours with a skeleton crew and they continue to make the product "illegally", perhaps using parts that were rejected from QA during the day and without any additional QA at night. as such you usually buy something that works just the same as the original would, because it essentially is the original. it happens all the time with memory cards and headphones especially.
thirdly, lightake is legit. i've received many orders from there without problem and the one defective item i received was replaced for free without me even needing to send it back.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX sells the exact same thing exact with sony logo taken off (same packaging and everything)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42585

they wont sell you a genuine controller for that price, other wise they get screwed as real ones sell for $55 USD
real one is here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12678

but theres also the problem, sony is constantly blocking non first party controllers with firmware updates
Bladexdsl said:
mastermanna123 said:
Especially since I'm ordering 4-5 at once.
wtf.gif
do you want with 4-5?
I guess for friends
gifts or just doing a group order
already heard a few people doing that already

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
Does this work with the latest ps3 firmware?
only with 3.41 or before

it does not work on 3.42 (neither does any other jailbreak device atm)
people are currently waiting for an update to bypass the block

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Rydian said:
Bloodlust said:
Does that include the need to plug out & in the power cable every time on a power cycle though it's already jailbroken before? That's the main concern...
frown.gif
That needs to be done with every jailbreak right now since there's no custom firmware yet (consider it temporary firmware like on some PSP models). People have suggest using a power strip and positioning it so the off/reset switch is in an easy-to-reach place.

So re-inserting the power cord is basically the same as turning off the main power switch connected to the PS3?

Bloodlust said:
Can I...Check the stickied FAQ. As for the BD-R, I haven't seen it confirmed yet and people have their doubts.

Bloodlust said:
It's a clone. Once the exploit was found copies start cropping up almost overnight.

I will wait for somebody who purchased the "clone" ps3 jailbreak (not PS3break) from lightake & see if that the upcoming so called 3.42 firmware bypass & NTFS backup manager can be used on it

QUOTE(CheatingSoi @ Sep 14 2010, 01:53 PM)
I'm waiting on somebody to try various HDD speeds and report the differences.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I asked them (by e-mail) if it works as good as the original and the responded with a

fromNikita
toMY NAME

dateWed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM
subjectRE: PSBREAK

hide details 12:07 AM (9 hours ago)

yes, of course!

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions. Are you able install games from a USB or something or can you only install by disk? Also, would it be more practical for me to get an external drive. I know that the games access the installed portion of them game from the HDD so when you are running the game from the internal HDD then it must have to read two separate files causing slow down. At least I would think so. Would it be best to just get a 7200 RPM external? I also am wondering about the update. I would like to get PS3 Move but I won't be able to use it without updating. Will there be a fix any time soon or at all for that matter? I can't see how they could get a fix around. I mean, it took years but they just finally found a way into the system and PS3 patched it up. I don't really know what to do. So far this thing serves me no purpose as I don't have any friends with PS3's so the only thing I could do is install the 2 games I already own. Think it would be safe to just update my PS3 and jailbreak it again later when they come out with a fix?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install downloaded games from torrents? This is the only question I cannot find an answer too. Unless I missed it. The backup loader only has options to install from disk.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CheatingSoi said:
Is it possible to install downloaded games from torrents? This is the only question I cannot find an answer too. Unless I missed it. The backup loader only has options to install from disk.
Yes, you can copy downloaded games to an external HDD and using the FTP Server to the internal HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding