OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
PS3Break *almost* arrived
smile.gif

When I get it I'll prob chuck some pics up and post some first impressions. Review will come soon aswell
smile.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm playing with it for 4 days and so far it does everything as promised.

Hopefully it will work with the upcoming(!?) Backup Manager 1.1.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Rydian said:
Bloodlust said:
So re-inserting the power cord is basically the same as turning off the main power switch connected to the PS3?
Yes, that is correct.

That's a relief.. I can't imagine having to plug the power cord of the PS3 in and out every time I need to use the jailbreak.. thanks..

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Rydian said:
Bloodlust said:
So re-inserting the power cord is basically the same as turning off the main power switch connected to the PS3?
Yes, that is correct.

That's a relief.. I can't imagine having to plug the power cord of the PS3 in and out every time I need to use the jailbreak.. thanks..

The PS Fat has a switch on the back that you can use to turn on and off the PS3 more easily. If you have a PS3 Slim, you could put the PS3 onto a power strip that has a switch on it to turn it off and on. This is a bit easier to manage than having to fiddle with the plug in the back of the unit every time.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
CheatingSoi said:
Just got mine! It seems pretty awesome but games seem laggy to me. I recenrrly installed my 250GB laptop harddrive inot my ps3. I installed LBP to that and the menus and gameplay tend to lag around. More like a framerate drop. I don't know why I always thought that Harddrives were faster than disk drives but I guess it is 5200 RPM so idk.
I'm waiting on somebody to try various HDD speeds and report the differences.

The internal PS3 SATA interface is pretty slow from what I've read. Previous test with 5400 vs 7200 vs SSD have noted little if no significant speed differences. So upgrading to a 7200rpm drive isn't going to buy you much.

Lag and slowdowns generally are limited to external drives. The auto spin down of external drives is generally the cause of this (as it was for the Wii external hard drive games). I haven't read any compatibility issues with LBP other than the inability to install the update.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, but does anyone have a download mirror for the 3.41 firmware? I'm still currently on 3.15 because of Linux, but I could never get zerogame to work properly within it, which rather kills my motivation to keep it.

Obviously if I get this, I don't want to go straight to 3.42, but I want BM 1.1 badly. Would this thing still work on 3.15?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.
biggrin.gif

Too bad there hasn't been a way of effectively downgrading firmware though on the ps3. It sucks having to choose between (confirmed) PSbreak compatibility, and Linux support.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
biggrin.gif

Too bad there hasn't been a way of effectively downgrading firmware though on the ps3. It sucks having to choose between (confirmed) PSbreak compatibility, and Linux support.

Hopefully they'll soon be getting the PSGroove to work on 3.15. It's theoretically possible, so it's a matter if you want to wait for the devs to get around to porting it to 3.15.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
codezer0 said:
biggrin.gif

Hopefully they'll soon be getting the PSGroove to work on 3.15. It's theoretically possible, so it's a matter if you want to wait for the devs to get around to porting it to 3.15.
That and I've already had to give up on being able to play PAIN or Stardust HD because they've since received updates that required at least 3.40 to be allowed to play them anymore. Pisses me off.
hate2.gif

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
mastermanna123 said:
Especially since I'm ordering 4-5 at once.
wtf.gif
do you want with 4-5?

This lol V

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Sep 14 2010, 05:45 PM)
I guess for friends
gifts or just doing a group order
already heard a few people doing that already

But yeah. Better to order more together so it comes in one shipping price, a free gift, and a bigger discount with the coupon code.
Not to mention, one guy who wants me to order one, I can charge him extra cause I don't like him
happy.gif
but he doesn't know that, so allow me to monopolize in my area and purchase more
ninja.gif

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody gotten one of these yet? I read on pox scene and ps3news that Sony has goons at customs in Hong Kong going through out going parcels. Is this affecting shop temp at all?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ps3key that is coming is unbranded to make sure it passes by customs, it will just look like a flash drive for the most part

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Joe88 said:
my ps3key that is coming is unbranded to make sure it passes by customs, it will just look like a flash drive for the most part

dammit, I was hoping for something like " don't worry, its just for the news it'll come for sure! " I ordered ps3break few days ago,and I think its pretty obviously what is it for
biggrin.gif

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine today. It works as described. Those of you ordering individual units shouldn't worry. It's impossible for customs to stop very small shipments.

I think the ones that will be stopped are those that are easy to spot, and contain very large number of items.

Schlicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mine. Looks great, but can't use it as I'm currently on 3.42

Is it possible to re-load 3.41 from USB ? If not, I may consider passing this on if anyone is interested...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlicky said:
I have mine. Looks great, but can't use it as I'm currently on 3.42

Is it possible to re-load 3.41 from USB ? If not, I may consider passing this on if anyone is interested...
you cant load a previous firmware on the ps3

your only hope right now is to wait for an update to bypass the block on 3.42

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp