Homebrew [Project] SoulAnger's MENUdo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
HOLY FUCK MAX MEDIA PLAYER! Or was that a joke? Anyway I just got myself an IPhone so no worries! I will still support your project.
smile.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK guys, time for my opinion -

For those who think soulanger has 'sold out', homebrew != freeware. For many, many years, people have sold their homebrew code, if they didn't, home computers would never have became popular, in fact most games sold for home computers in the 70's and 80's (think c64/mastrad/acorn etc.) were homebrew, games like DOOM were homebrew. If soul wants to sell menudo, it doesn't mean selling out, just selling, it will do the homebrew community more good than bad.
Those who have decided to hate DSision2, I don't care. If you read the first batch of posts, I only released it because I was getting tired of it and some people wanted to see it.
Those who have decided to hate Menudo, you are creating a great injustice, very few people have had hands-on experience with Menudo and making your mind up that you hate something before you even tried it is incredibly small minded and only makes yourself look silly. Give it a chance.

As some of you have suspected, although if you actually read the DSision thread you would KNOW rather than suspect, I have been in contact with Soulanger from not only the start of DSision2, but very close to the start of Menudo and we have shared info. Soulanger was contacted a very long time ago about Menudo being the official loader for one of the flash cards, you guys finding this out makes absolutly no difference to the development of Menudo, in fact, I personally believe it has helped motivate Soulanger to work EVEN HARDER on Menudo, just think, if it wasn't for that, Soulanger might have gave up a long time ago (although I doubt that).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
spinal_cord said:
OK guys, time for my opinion -

For those who think soulanger has 'sold out', homebrew != freeware. For many, many years, people have sold their homebrew code, if they didn't, home computers would never have became popular, in fact most games sold for home computers in the 70's and 80's (think c64/mastrad/acorn etc.) were homebrew, games like DOOM were homebrew. If soul wants to sell menudo, it doesn't mean selling out, just selling, it will do the homebrew community more good than bad.
Those who have decided to hate DSision2, I don't care. If you read the first batch of posts, I only released it because I was getting tired of it and some people wanted to see it.
Those who have decided to hate Menudo, you are creating a great injustice, very few people have had hands-on experience with Menudo and making your mind up that you hate something before you even tried it is incredibly small minded and only makes yourself look silly. Give it a chance.

As some of you have suspected, although if you actually read the DSision thread you would KNOW rather than suspect, I have been in contact with Soulanger from not only the start of DSision2, but very close to the start of Menudo and we have shared info. Soulanger was contacted a very long time ago about Menudo being the official loader for one of the flash cards, you guys finding this out makes absolutly no difference to the development of Menudo, in fact, I personally believe it has helped motivate Soulanger to work EVEN HARDER on Menudo, just think, if it wasn't for that, Soulanger might have gave up a long time ago (although I doubt that).

As spinal_cord stated very few people have used menudo first hand, This could mean this is an elaborate hox or SoulAnger is taken his time to fix bugs and add features, either way you idoits need to grow up, menudo is nothing to fanboy about. Don't bitch because he may be getting paid for it, be happy he's releasing it at all, He did infact state when he first announced this project it was only going to work on selected flashcarts. It not his fault you n00bs can't read.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, realy sad to hear that...looked in this Thread sometimes, and menuDO looked like a promising project (which it still is!!!). Maybe I even will buy the card, if it's a better one than the M3 Real...Anyways, it was Soulangers project, so I think he can do with that what he wants, and I think it wasn't a bad decision..it will help maybe even for a better menuDO...so I think it was the right descision, I support it. It will help menuDO a lot...but it's like always..all the good things in the life aren't free
wink.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading up on the details again some.
Explains the dissapointment part a bit.

Hmm, just a tad misleading with the details at first there?
I think the mention of it being tied to a single flash cart should have been an important first detail.

Opinion aside however, A free version is nothing to scoff at at least.

Personally though, I'd be more willing to pay for a multi cart compatable menu alternitive rather than have to hunt down a single card that may or may not be purchasable depending on the circumstances.
I'd rather pay for the software itself than some obscure hardware ya know?

It is truely an impressive menu app and I can't wait to see how it looks in the end.
Good luck with the cart deal. I hope that works out for the best somehow.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wish Soul would tell us which card he's chosen. That way we could buy the card in advance in preparation for menuDO. Or, he could
wink.gif
leak the information
wink.gif
to a certain select few people...
wink.gif
in a PM or something....
wink.gif

x-mah-D

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing never to do is to keep a community waiting with not evidence that its real or working or in progress.

When you said you would have ROM loading for 1 card i thought it would be like DSision 2 with an encrypted .nds file to a .dat file with rom loading with out YSMenu
but your selling it out not like a custom firmware like AKAIO.

Your being a bit nutty i would do what DSision dose to load roms so other cards could have some so they don't have to fork out another 20 bucks (AU) for a new acekard or cheep o card.

This is disappointing for me..

Actually alot of homebrews abit disappointing but i know how much a pain in the ass coding can be..

Cause when i tried PALib it came up with build errors and wouldn't even make an nds file and i've reinstalled it 100 times but errors every time
let a lone c++ (vb 4 me ty)

Well good luck with all the other people wating because long ago was this thread made alot of people are holding the breath and this will blow off like a volcano soon

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO has some competition...............I mean the Acekard 2 uses a .nds loader so this'll most likely work considering it was made in PAlib
ohmy.gif

BTW is it skinnable, and if so how?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i support whatever you feel is right Soul!
some people here need to grow up.
Soul's project is his own.
he made it and he was being generous when he offered to release it for free.
so stop complaining.
it is disappointing to know some of us cant use it to load games or anything
but, its not our choice nor do we get a say in what he decides to do
id sure want to be paid for my hard work.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Senor Saturno said:
AKAIO has some competition...............I mean the Acekard 2 uses a .nds loader so this'll most likely work considering it was made in PAlib
ohmy.gif

BTW is it skinnable, and if so how?

AKAIO has no competition, there is no hard evidence this even exists, nor has he specified which flashcart it will support.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still dont get it.. How could I show that this thing exists...
I still dont understand why a whole thread isnt an evidence. (Hence, I posted vids, details and screenshots)
Anybody could suggest any other way?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Perhaps a limited demo, Soul? One that couldn't open up music and other media but just demonstrated navigation and file management?
Yeah, I would love to see how it felt to navigate the menu first hand.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah,so you've giving menudo to a flashcart to be it's menu?support you all the way
biggrin.gif
oooh any plans on the release date?I'm dying...don't flame me lol,just asking

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
SoulAnger said:
I still dont get it.. How could I show that this thing exists...
I still dont understand why a whole thread isnt an evidence. (Hence, I posted vids, details and screenshots)
Anybody could suggest any other way?
eh hem...please check the old neoflash comp entries.
as you can see, soulanger has submitted a shitty and very buggy menudo. but that was ages ago.
hopefully it wont be as shitty and buggy......

no soulanger.....im not insulting your homebrew

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know how shitty it is fgghjjkll.
smile.gif

Hence it got last place, last Neoflash. I'm rushing the dldi (Free) version for neoflash, if someone wants a expected release date.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I want to know, is which flashcart I need to buy, in order to run the full version of menuDO.
At least give us an approximate date for when you will make the announcement.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
EVERYONE, that's enough complaining about SoulAnger's choice!

It is HIS decidion, and try to understand, he is not trying to rip off the homebrew community. Read the reasons that other coders have given for their support.

It's really ruining this thread, which should be a decent and proper discussion.

I will moderate any more inappropriate posts from now on, just a friendly warning!

THANKS!

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Dwight said:
Skyline969 said:
Perhaps a limited demo, Soul? One that couldn't open up music and other media but just demonstrated navigation and file management?
Yeah, I would love to see how it felt to navigate the menu first hand.
SoulAnger didn't post the new footage the other day, what makes you believe he'll release a demo?
Even though I was getting excited for this, I just have to hope the chosen flashcart is AK2 so I won't need to buy a new one, which I won't do just for MenuDO.
Seriously, for those not believing SoulAnger, get lost, he has nothing to prove to you and he probably doesn't show you any video footage because he wants everyone to see the finished product, would you like to see an artist's sketchbook rather than the finished painting? It's something like that.
I'm sure SoulAnger has his reasons for selling/giving his homebrew to a flashcart maker, who knows maybe it's them that don't let him release any new video footage. But whatever it is, free or commercial it's gonna be something nice and you naggers should stop complaining. What would you do if you were in his shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work