Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dwight said:
Normmatt said:
For those people bitching about how this wont work on every flashcart, STFU no firmware works on everything, no TV remote works on EVERYTHING, seriously If thats what your were after and your not going to use it, Good! we dont want you to use it so GTO.

I really hate all these n00bs expecting miracles.
t10click.jpg

I beg to differ.
right dldi sakura hmmm?

AerosolSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
For those people bitching about how this wont work on every flashcart, STFU no firmware works on everything, no TV remote works on EVERYTHING, seriously If thats what your were after and your not going to use it, Good! we dont want you to use it so GTO.

Noobs expecting miracles?

I'm sorry, but screw you. Something announced in a homebrew sense generally implies that it is being developed with general users in mind. Whether or not it works with everything is a different story.

However, in this case, it's been made clear that only a specific card is being developed for. How is that supposed to benefit homebrew users at large? If Soulanger mentions that he's releasing the code as open source, then I'll be interested again, because that would mean that other people may have a chance to benefit.

Furthermore, I presented my opinion respectfully. If you can't do the same, don't say a damn thing at all.

x-mah-D

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:

N00bs... 00
Using numbers in words....

+ Theres prolly no hope that he will add other card compatibility for roms cause he sold it..

@Normatt

Not unless you re program it
mad.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
x-mah-D said:
Normmatt said:

N00bs... 00
Using numbers in words....

+ Theres prolly no hope that he will add other card compatibility for roms cause he sold it..

@Normatt

Not unless you re program it
mad.gif
wh4t5 wr0ng w1th us1ng numb3r5????
th3r35 n0th1ng wr0ng w1th 1t.....

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
AerosolSP said:

I'm sorry, but screw you. Something announced in a homebrew sense generally implies that it is being developed with general users in mind. Whether or not it works with everything is a different story.

However, in this case, it's been made clear that only a specific card is being developed for. How is that supposed to benefit homebrew users at large? If Soulanger mentions that he's releasing the code as open source, then I'll be interested again, because that would mean that other people may have a chance to benefit.

Furthermore, I presented my opinion respectfully. If you can't do the same, don't say a damn thing at all.

it can still be used to launch homebrew and the other features he mentioned, the only difference is that it won't load ninty roms in the dldi version. if you think it's so easy to make roms run on all flashcarts without having access to the source then i'd implore you to please share your knowledge with us all.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why everyone's losing faith in Soul just because menuDO will only be able to load commercial ROMs on one flashcard. It's not that bad of a fallback! If menuDO can still play music, run homebrew, or , consider yourselves lucky. Be thankful that the guy's working on it at all, and quit bitching when he makes a decision that will better himself in the long run. It's still gonna be widely used, as it looks amazing and it functions well. So what if it can't run commercial ROMs? Use your flashcard's original firmware for that.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
AerosolSP said:

it can still be used to launch homebrew and the other features he mentioned, the only difference is that it won't load ninty roms in the dldi version. if you think it's so easy to make roms run on all flashcarts without having access to the source then i'd implore you to please share your knowledge with us all. if not, shut the fuck up asshole

Very well said. I like the punch line
QUOTE(mercluke @ Feb 28 2009, 08:31 AM)
If not, shut the fuck up asshole

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Skyline969 said:
I don't see why everyone's losing faith in Soul just because menuDO will only be able to load commercial ROMs on one flashcard. It's not that bad of a fallback! If menuDO can still play music, run homebrew, or , consider yourselves lucky. Be thankful that the guy's working on it at all, and quit bitching when he makes a decision that will better himself in the long run. It's still gonna be widely used, as it looks amazing and it functions well. So what if it can't run commercial ROMs? Use your flashcard's original firmware for that.
precisely!

i think some are just making too big a fuss over the whole issue. it's not like your original firmware doesn't load commercial roms... menudo probably wasn't even in the making when you bought your flashcard so it's really a bonus that soul is actually writing a dldi homebrew launcher/media player. there are times in life when you just got to be content with what you have and count yourself lucky when you come across extras...

coders like soul don't owe the community anything. if you got so much energy to bitch about soul being selfish, why don't you just go learn how to code and add rom loading for all carts, then release it. perhaps only when you do that do you have the right to criticize others...

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually am okay with it not being able to load commercial ROMS on my CycloDS. It would make me feel like I wasted my money paying premium for features I wasn't gonna use anyway. Think about it. No RTS, no in-game text reader (not so much the RTS but the in-game text reader I use a lot). I would lose a lot of features. I'll be happy to replace the middle button on my menu instead.

Go soulanger... and go Phillipines...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else kinda tired of all this meaningless arguing?

Its a really nice Menu app, its gonna launch roms on a single cart no one knows about, and its 98.5% free.

Let's just wait and see what happens.

Though Soul kinda brought it on himself by teasing the crowd anyway.

Course then again why do I bother checking this thread?
When its released it'll make the front page anyway.

Still looking forward to that next video that was said to show more skinable features though.
I think I'm gonna enjoy messing with that.

Besides, couldn't someone just make a homebrew app that loads roms for the specific cart?
Make it like links or something to a game or just a quick menu.
Would be a perfect easy solution for all menu alternitives. Providing someone had the info for each cart to make one work for each cart correctly.
Course then you could just load everything from the normal menu, but then that would beat the point of having something new.

Good luck with the project Soulanger. Keep trucking.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
ugh.. so it will load only 1 cart? big deal!

Instead you can use it to listen to music , do this do that do that and do this.. then when you wanna play roms all you do is load another homebrew/re-load-your-DS and you play your rom.. It still makes an awsome homebrew

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
SoulAnger said:
+1, could any mod edit it out please.
smile.gif

Also, I did a typo, its supposed to be MENUdo, not menuDO.
tongue.gif
I know this is off-topic but why is there going to be only commercial rom support for one cart, you did code your own rom loader but why are you teaming up with one flashcart maker? you don't have to answer....but I don't really get it at all
tongue.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
SoulAnger said:
+1, could any mod edit it out please.
smile.gif

Also, I did a typo, its supposed to be MENUdo, not menuDO.
tongue.gif
I know this is off-topic but why is there going to be only commercial rom support for one cart, you did code your own rom loader but why are you teaming up with one flashcart maker? you don't have to answer....but I don't really get it at all
tongue.gif
I didnt code my own loader, I just extracted it. So basically im using their code.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soul,
If you already own the supported flashcart for MENUdo, will you be able to load the good version of MENUdo onto the flashcart with the latest firmware for that cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza