ROM Hack Project Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Translation

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kyohack, I'll try to avoid ad-hominem attacks, but I cannot guarantee anything.

You folks need to stop believing the slander from PP. Check the facts, before you believe their lies.

No, we do not use Google Translation. I check each contribution to ensure that it is quality in terms of translation, and I have refused any contributions that came from a translator. I also check the spelling, grammar, and control codes within each contribution, and I fix any errors that I find. If I were rushing the quality of things, then I obviously wouldn't have 227 emails of contributions to deal with. Don't believe me? Go look at our GitHub and see how many pending contributions there are. If I didn't care about quality, then I wouldn't be behind because there wouldn't be any checking to do.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284020
^That post is pure slander, and nothing but lies. We have done nothing of the sort, and I want you to PROVE that we did that. You're probably another goon working for Project Pokemon.
And this is the Internet, good sir. People will always be uninformed and call people names.
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284027
^You should provide some reasons as to why you think that Project Pokemon is superior. Support your opinions.
People are entitled to having their own opinion, though. They're also allowed to express them freely and need no explanation for having them. I can say that I don't like the name "CloneCharizard" and don't need to back that up with Wikipedia-tier verified sources, now do I?

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284050
^To anyone who wants to critisize PokeStation's translation for not deactivating anti-piracy during our first few patches, check out this person criticizing PP's patch.
Well, don't you have said issue on your own patch right now? If you don't, that's all nice and cool and stuff, but otherwise you have no right to point fingers.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284056
^We included the option for Japanese names in the PokeStation patch already. It is in the settings.
A sound, valid argument. Thanks for the breather.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284305
^We do not simply "copy and paste" from the official release. If you have been keeping up with my comments, you would realize that I check each and every contribution to ensure that the translations are still valid. On numerous occasions, I have ommitted lines of text that have changed in the new games. Therefore, you are jumping to conclusions about us without facts, just like everyone else.
Then, instead of posting here like a child that has been insulted, work on the patch and make sure it's definitely superior. Don't worry, people and the market will sort out the rest.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284349
^I have a year of experience with Japanese, and PokeStation also has a staff member currently living in Japan. His name is Glitch, and you can speak with him yourself, if you doubt my words.
Does said staff member even work on the translation? If he doesn't, that means as much as your dog knowing Japanese. Additionally, one year of Japanese really isn't all that much; as basic as the language may be in the text, one year of Japanese amounts to little, especially seeing how different the language is from English.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4284389
^Again, I have already included the Japanese names in the PokeStation translation. Check the options in your game.
Again, a sound argument. At least you finish on a positive note.

Reactions: 3 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You folks need to stop believing the slander from PP. Check the facts, before you believe their lies.

No, we do not use Google Translation. I check each contribution to ensure that it is quality in terms of translation, and I have refused any contributions that came from a translator. I also check the spelling, grammar, and control codes within each contribution, and I fix any errors that I find. If I were rushing the quality of things, then I obviously wouldn't have 227 emails of contributions to deal with. Don't believe me? Go look at our GitHub and see how many pending contributions there are. If I didn't care about quality, then I wouldn't be behind because there wouldn't be any checking to do.

The thing about Pokémon being sent to "PokéStation's" PC is true though, I experience it in my translated v1.4 rom.
There are some mistakes in there, like the Pokémon World Tournament being named "Cold Storage" because of the location, and the gym leader and badge names on the badges screen.

Of course these things do slip through because you can't easily see how one line of text in a file will show up in the actual rom when played. And it may happen because a bulk of the text was imported from the first games to save time. Better to correct the errors or update the changes between games than to re-do the entire lot, right?
And well that's just stuff like location data.

I'm very appreciative of the pokéstation translation project and hope things continue to go well. I still feel this other translation project was started because people weren't satisfied with an unfinished product with time-saving measures.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Frankly why does this hv to repeat all over again i remember this type of mud slinging during the HG/SS translation days its coz of some very idiotic and insensitive ppl dat a lot of translation works are stopped midway. One should remember that we who aren't doin S*^t are the ones benefiting from it all not the other way round so If you think/feel you are way too superior to all these guys who are doin all the jumpy (oooohhhh I can't wait for the English version to release so ppl plz translate the Japanese one) should just shut da hell up and shove ur opinions up ur stinking a**&s. Positive and supportive opinions are whats required at the moment not the ohh this is better than that crap..

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone was reading correctly, you would know we have been fixing the bugs. We have had so many contributions that the next release has not come out yet. This PP release however has some particular lines that I edited myself. Oh and let me just let you know. I put watermarks in my editing so I would know when someone stole my work. What you did was not right. I did some translating this whole weekend to speed up the process, but to see two translation groups act like children throughout this is comical. If the differences would just be put aside we could move on and complete this twice as fast, it is frustrating.

Reactions: 1 person

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Frankly why does this hv to repeat all over again i remember this type of mud slinging during the HG/SS translation days its coz of some very idiotic and insensitive ppl dat a lot of translation works are stopped midway. One should remember that we who aren't doin S*^t are the ones benefiting from it all not the other way round so If you think/feel you are way too superior to all these guys who are doin all the jumpy (oooohhhh I can't wait for the English version to release so ppl plz translate the Japanese one) should just shut da hell up and shove ur opinions up ur stinking a**&s. Positive and supportive opinions are whats required at the moment not the ohh this is better than that crap..
I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but what you just uttered has no value of discussion whatsoever.
On yet another note, both communities have something to gain -- users. If there was nothing really in it, one side would have joined the other long ago.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but what you just uttered has no value of discussion whatsoever.
On yet another note, both communities have something to gain -- users. If there was nothing really in it, one side would have joined the other long ago.

Well if you didn't understand than its your loss ain't it. well i made an opinion coz its the type of comments that hv been made that hv resulted in the translation projects being stopped, u've just joined so u got no idea, but i was here so I know, its jst that I'm also someone who's benefiting from the translation projects so I don't want either team to stop dats all. Well you seem to hv gotten my drift when you mentioned that at the end of it all its us who hv absolutely no hand in the translation who has to benefit at the end

Edit: Seriously they are in different forum doin their own jobs so ya it'd be great if they teamed up but even if they don't they jst need to do the things they are doin coz I'll nvr be able to do it unless I learnt Japanese a whole lot to be of any help

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have confirmed the matter of the "PokeStation's PC" issue. It was unknown to me, because that was done by another admin that I trusted. I will change it in our next patch. I apologize for this change, and I will not allow this to turn into a ROM hack. I wish to please the purists as much as possible.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if you didn't understand than its your loss ain't it. well i made an opinion coz its the type of comments that hv been made that hv resulted in the translation projects being stopped, u've just joined so u got no idea, but i was here so I know, its jst that I'm also someone who's benefiting from the translation projects so I don't want either team to stop dats all. Well you seem to hv gotten my drift when you mentioned that at the end of it all its us who hv absolutely no hand in the translation who has to benefit at the end
"u" -- could you please type properly in future? It's not like you'd lose your head if you spent some time typing.
Getting to the actual point you're so eager to discuss, but competition makes any market more productive. Besides, if one team stops, one or two translators might just join the victor team -- and thus speed up translation after all. Competition is a *good* thing. I have yet to see companies stopping because of criticism, unless they genuinely only produced poor products, but that is their fault.

Alright, I have confirmed the matter of the "PokeStation's PC" issue. It was unknown to me, because that was done by another admin that I trusted. I will change it in our next patch. I apologize for this change, and I will not allow this to turn into a ROM hack. I wish to please the purists as much as possible.
There's something seriously wrong if you can't trust your staff members. I'm just saying.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I do understand your point however these guys aren't working for money are they?? Well they are doing it because they want to and they want others to enjoy it just as they do. So when you get a whole lot of unnecessary critcism which aren't even productive then as a human how would YOU(you happy, i typed it short coz I'm kinda high and m kinda pisd dats y) feel? Well enough of this wayward going topic might as well keep it civil. If you wanna hv the last say be my guest.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While it's completely beyond my comprehension why you would try to start an argument on the Internet of all places when you're high, people have different motivations to join a translation project. Some just want to improve their Japanese skills and gain experience, others want to become well-known around the Internet and yet again others are just there out of goodwill for other people. How many people are in each of those groups, I don't know.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ding dong , well m not in it for the argument well neways what you did mention is a valid point well accepted so I'll lay it rest here. Just so you do know the reason why don't see anyone from this particular forum not getting into the translation is coz of what I had mentioned earlier. Because I know a hell of a lot of guys & girls very fluent in Japanese belong to this forum but don't feel the need to do it because of mostly my so called aforementioned argumentative sounding ramblings.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually don't think any of that slander you reference is actually "from pp."
Those don't seem to be users from the site, and they are DEFINITELY not users working on the patch.

I don't think I've even seen them post here.

Even over at the site, I've never seen them post that they are doing this because they don't like the other project. They are doing it just cause they want to.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, all of the bickering? Shut up.

People from PP have not posted here. They've made no attacks. Don't attack them like whiny children. You'll notice that their project didn't suddenly spring up because of the pokestation one. It's been around just as long. Seriously, go read a date or two. It'd do us all a world of good.

Kyohack, get the hell out of this thread if you're just here to make personal attacks on people, nitpick, etc. In fact, this one goes for everybody. I'd rather not get negative attention run all over this translation because people have an incessant need to be whiny asses. This topic exists to inform people that there is an alternative. Your patch isn't the Almighty, the one and only, or anything of the sort. Be a good sport and enjoy some healthy competition, if you will. Also, some criticism never hurt. Rather than hating on everybody with a differing opinion, use those differing opinions as more reason to better your own project. Sway them with progress.

Everybody, don't attack the other patch in here. I don't care if you call this one better, but try not to attack the other group at all. We also don't need to hear about all of the other patch's problems here. We're all aware of them, and there is a thread if you just need to comment on that specific patch. This is a thread for the PP translation patch, and I'll keep it as such.

Now, stay calm, enjoy the patch, and I'll update the OP once I'm on an actual computer again.

Just a reminder to read the OP: my opinion and others in this thread are not those of PP. Taking them as such is foolish. This is an informative topic. All should quit trying to make it otherwise.

Anyways, as of this edit, I'm heading to update the OP.
OP updated with v1.1 information.

Reactions: 4 people

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look at both patches and I think this one from Project Pokemon is better (despite that, the actual dialogue is yet to be translated).

Although... I haven't had a look at v1.1 as yet. As it's sitting on my external HDD at the moment, waiting to be played from where I saved (after the introduction from Professor Jupiter).

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A friendly warning from your neighbourhood mod:
1) Keep the bickering to a minimum.
2) No direct attacks vs. other translation/teams.
3) Criticism towards a certain patch/team is allowed, if it's constructive and well explained.

If someone goes over the top, please report the post.

Thanks.

Reactions: 4 people

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
The battle between Pokéstation and Project Pokémon reminds me of another xkcd comic:

good_code.png

http://xkcd.com/844/

Given that PokéStation work quickly but Project Pokémon works nicely, I am worried that the above comic would apply here.
(By the way, I think "Good Code" would be the official translation.)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Given that PokéStation work quickly but Project Pokémon works nicely, I am worried that the above comic would apply here.
(By the way, I think "Good Code" would be the official translation.)
There is very little coding at all, it is mostly just changing text strings and keeping formatting proper, with whatever text is used to represent variables like values or strings.

It's more like writing an essay quickly and correcting the typos later on.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
There is very little coding at all, it is mostly just changing text strings and keeping formatting proper, with whatever text is used to represent variables like values or strings.

It's more like writing an essay quickly and correcting the typos later on.
All right, then.

By the way, due to differences that my "private guild of gaming" (the name I put for the people with whom I meet for playing games) has on the patches, I guess I will be using both after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty