ROM Hack Project Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Translation

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Project Pokemon's patch has a modified arm9. The edit was to change the large numbers to smaller ones. my personal patch as the same edit and it has the same ID as PP's patch. I guess the 4byte code after the game code is like a checksum of the arm9 or something. so that different version of the same game v00, v01, v02, etc have different cheat list because it most likely that codes will not work on newer builds of the same game. i remember back in GBA days there were codes listed for FR/LG v0 and FR/LG v1. but since this is just edits to a few values and not a complete recompile of the arm9 the codes should work for both versions.
I see... Thanks for the answer.

Aizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, sorry I don't understand how to find the translated game ID from the enDrypt (I got eNDryptS Advanced from the YSMenu extras). I encrypt and decrypt like you say but I don't know where the ID is.

On the "ttdt b4.exe" I'm getting this opening extinfo and infolib (image below) and don't know can I find the clean B&W2 game id there.

-snip-

This are probably pretty newb questions but I'd be very happy if you could hold my hand a bit through it. Sorry for bothering and thanks!

Use the add game function on a cheat editor like r4cce and it will show you the game ID. Use that to find the game ID of the game before/after endrypt.

Example: Mine after using endrypt:

http://img405.images.../1327/r4cce.png

And now adding it on extinfo on ttdt.exe(In this case, I'm editing an entry for Pokemon White that begins with IRDJ, according to r4cce, and changed the rest of the string to match with the ID on r4cce) (Do the same for infolib later):

http://img163.images...3/3915/ttdt.png

Btw, which .dats are you using? The .dats 6.40v1 from 2ch were supposed to have the Game IDs for black/white 2 located on the top of the list by default or did you filter the list?

EvilMag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like some US names have been revealed.

Serebii said:
PokéWood
Serebii said:
is to be called PokéStar Studios
Shizui's US name is Marlon
The various parts of the site have been updated to reflect this
From Serebii.
Various Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 localisation details have been announced. First, it is out in the US on October 7th and Europe on October 12

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
This translation is awesome! Eventhough my save file was corrupted from my first playthrough using the 1st translation from this section, this made me back to the game! Ohh yeah, currently @ Virbank City. The game is sooo awesome. So many kinds of powerful Pokemons to choose from early in the game!

EvilMag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea if this has been reported yet but there is a bug in this patch.

In the Plasma ship, you have to enter in a password in a PC to turn off the electrial fence that you need to go though. This patch causes the game to not reconize anything you put in the PC.

Plasma grunts told me 9909 is the password. Put that in with the rom that has this patch and its wrong. Put it in with a clean rom and its right.

Again, idk if this has been reported yet so don't go off on me saying "ITS ALRDY BEEN SAID IN THIS THRED"

JordiiMiilan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
The patch is awesome, I'm looking forward to the next version !
The only thing that doesn't work is the c-gear, everytime I try to put it on my game freezes.
I'm playing the game (with the v2 patch) on my R4 Revolution with Wood 1.49, anyone with the same problem or a solution maybe ?

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem with that translation is that it seems to change the game ID, so it breaks the compatibility with YSMenu.
Same thing happened to the original Black and White, the following guide should help you. [guide edited to be relevant to Black 2 and White 2]

"OK Here's how I got it to work in YSMENU.
1. I used enDrypt to find the true game ID of the translated version of Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 by running the program with all it's files (the two eNDrypt files and Patch engine) in the same directory as the rom. I pressed 1 to encrypt and then did it again to decrypt so that the rom would have it's True game ID

2. I used ttdt.exe to open extinfo and infolib to find the true game ID for the Clean Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

3. I replaced the game ID of the Clean Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 with the True game ID of the Translated Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 inside both the extinfo and infolib files found in your ttmenu folder.

Here's what you need to do to play Translated Black/White.

1. Place your translated rom inside the eNDrypts folder and run it as Administrator. Press 1, wait for it to finish encrypting, press any key, then press 1 again.

2. Place the TTmenu folder inside you MicroSD card's root. I.E. the first thing you see when you navigate your Micro SD card. It should overwrite files. If it doesn't, you are doing something wrong or don't have DSTT or YSMENU.

3. Run the translated rom the same way you would the untranslated rom.

The untranslated file will most likely not work until you switch back your files."

Good luck :)

Hi, sorry I don't understand how to find the translated game ID from the enDrypt (I got eNDryptS Advanced from the YSMenu extras). I encrypt and decrypt like you say but I don't know where the ID is.

On the "ttdt b4.exe" I'm getting this opening extinfo and infolib (image below) and don't know can I find the clean B&W2 game id there.

ttdtexample.jpg

This are probably pretty newb questions but I'd be very happy if you could hold my hand a bit through it. Sorry for bothering and thanks!

I had trouble with eNDrytS back then, I used r4cce to find the id's
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/cheat-files/download-r4cce-10-f9197.html

Open up r4cce.exe and click "Add Game" Then click the "..." button
Search and find the clean rom and open it with r4cce
The ID (should be twelve characters long) will be beside the "..." button
This is the Game ID for the clean rom, Do the same with the patched rom to obtain it's Game ID. It should be different

After doing this, open up the infolib.dat, click any of the lines under CODE and type the first letter of the clean rom
search for the clean rom's Game ID, when you find it, replace the entire code with the patched rom's Game ID
repeat this with the extinfo.dat file and save. your patched game should play
If you are unable to locate the clean rom's game id in the dat files then you may be able to replace any other game's ID with the patched game. I would say to simply replace a006-2eb804f6 with your patched rom's ID, it should work just as well.

----------

Alternatively, if you haven't already, updating your firmware with retrogamefan's latest update should fix the problems you're having.
http://filetrip.net/...680-f29525.html

I believe you simply replace your firmware's files with the updated ones, but I don't know. I wouldn't be able to help you past here, however I'm sure the download has instructions inside. :) Good luck

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah with this patch it's impossible to make it past the Plasma ship, since none of the passwords work due to whatever changes they made with certain terms

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah with this patch it's impossible to make it past the Plasma ship, since none of the passwords work due to whatever changes they made with certain terms
What?...Err...fuck. Im no where near the Plasma Ship (6/7th badge is it near?) so that might be fixed. Or the Creators will post the terms used to get in.

EDIT:

That helps, read the description on the video.

In the chamber where Kyurem is being held, im assuming you talk to the Plasma Grunts. They should all say a Number in the Japanese quotation marks. EG: 7707. Also check this image.
plasma_password.png

But if that doesnt work, then try these. レシラム (Reshiramu) or ゼクロム (Zekuromu)

Those passwords (Reshiram/Zekrom) depend on the version you are playing. Try both)

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?...Err...fuck. Im no where near the Plasma Ship (6/7th badge is it near?) so that might be fixed. Or the Creators will post the terms used to get in.

EDIT:
[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SMhrnIDGiUk[/media]

That helps, read the description on the video.

In the chamber where Kyurem is being held, im assuming you talk to the Plasma Grunts. They should all say a Number in the Japanese quotation marks. EG: 7707. Also check this image.
plasma_password.png

But if that doesnt work, then try these. レシラム (Reshiramu) or ゼクロム (Zekuromu)

Those passwords (Reshiram/Zekrom) depend on the version you are playing. Try both)
Those don't work on this translation patch. That's what I'm telling you. I had to switch patches to get past that point. If you don't get a number password, you're screwed

Kaarosu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.liquiddeath.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think we got these with the matrix so in v2 please try: RESHIRAM or ZEKROM
Depending on what your get レシラム or ゼクロム... Thanks!
And if it doesn't work we'll just revert them to the original for v3

atsuaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I asked this before but I didn't really get an answer. Is it impossible to get this to work on a dsi using Cyclods Ievo ? Isn't there like a fanmade firmwear update or something ...
I cant switch to DSL mode because I only have a DSI and my dsi has the latest update.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://filetrip.net/...e-10-f9197.html

This is the Game ID for the clean rom, Do the same with the patched rom to obtain it's Game ID. It should be different

After doing this, open up the infolib.dat, click any of the lines under CODE and type the first letter of the clean rom
search for the clean rom's Game ID, when you find it, replace the entire code with the patched rom's Game ID
If you are unable to locate the clean rom's game id in the dat files then you may be able to replace any other game's ID with the patched game. I would say to simply replace a006-2eb804f6 with your patched rom's ID, it should work just as well.

----------

Alternatively, if you haven't already, updating your firmware with retrogamefan's latest update should fix the problems you're having.

I believe you simply replace your firmware's files with the updated ones, but I don't know. I wouldn't be able to help you past here, however I'm sure the download has instructions inside. :) Good luck
Well, tried that, because it was much clearer than the other tutorial, but, while it indeed goes past the Error -4, now it gives a white screen. So I'll go back to the PokéStation translation patch for the moment, and will wait for a correct update from retrogamefan, because it could perfectly come from myself...

Stardustmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://filetrip.net/...e-10-f9197.html

----------

Well, tried that, because it was much clearer than the other tutorial, but, while it indeed goes past the Error -4, now it gives a white screen. So I'll go back to the PokéStation translation patch for the moment, and will wait for a correct update from retrogamefan, because it could perfectly come from myself...
there is a fix on the official pp site and it tells you what to do so you can play this patch on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next