ROM Hack Project Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Translation

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question. There's a person on route 4 that battles me on sight, even when I already defeated her. Why is this happening? Is this part of the game, is it AP, or does it have something to do with the translation patch?

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a question. There's a person on route 4 that battles me on sight, even when I already defeated her. Why is this happening? Is this part of the game, is it AP, or does it have something to do with the translation patch?
I think this is a part of the game.. Many trainers do this.. :/
Really like this translation, really better than the other one! ;)

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think this is a part of the game.. Many trainers do this.. :/
Really like this translation, really better than the other one! ;)

That person is a Breeder, and it seems every breeder in the game does rebattle you.
Kinda nice to train there,

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Errata: The game freezes shorty after Juniper starts talking to me, but is fine before that.
The problem is that the EZ Flash will not boot the ROM if I do not trim the ROM.
This also happens with the PokéStation translation...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As others have already said, there are a number of trainers that do this. No idea why. It might be a bug, and it might be a new thing that they're trying out. I'm leaning more towards it being a bug that we won't get to enjoy in US and EU copies of the games.

Woo, soneek!
For anybody that wants to see it, here's a screen of the change:
12.png

Errata: The game freezes shorty after Juniper starts talking to me, but is fine before that.
The problem is that the EZ Flash will not boot the ROM if I do not trim the ROM.
This also happens with the PokéStation translation...
That sounds like a cart related issue. I'd suggest backing up your MicroSD and formatting it with the Panasonic SD Formatter (though, honestly, if you have Windows, the Windows formatting utility has never failed me before), and tossing things back on (preferably with a freshly downloaded kernel). If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. EZ Flash isn't a series of carts that I'm overly familiar with. Few people seem to own and use them.

Reactions: 1 person

P0kelegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The rebattle thing isn't a bug, its actually part of the game as people with the actual cartridge experience it too. Its with Pokemon Breeders, everytime you exit an area then go back in, they'll rebattle you.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The rebattle thing isn't a bug, its actually part of the game as people with the actual cartridge experience it too. Its with Pokemon Breeders, everytime you exit an area then go back in, they'll rebattle you.
That's what I meant; I know it happens on retail copies. The Japanese Pokemon games usually have a good number of kinda useful and neat bugs though that get corrected before the games hit the US (like being able to go through the walls by the Elite 4 in D/P to get to Arceus without event items). These bugs tend to get corrected later in a v1.1 release that is silently pushed out by the manufactures at a later date in Japan.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If codes do work with this translation (especailly with flashcards), you could activate the "don't get stopped by trainers" code (if it affects the breeders which stop you, that is).

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's a waste of time to translate this game.
C'mon it will be released in a few months
There are games that dserved a better attention of translators,
like: Megaman Operating Shooting Star, Jump Ultimate Stars and many others

Reactions: 1 person

GenesisX52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a waste of time to translate this game.
C'mon it will be released in a few months
There are games that dserved a better attention of translators,
like: Megaman Operating Shooting Star, Jump Ultimate Stars and many others
the heart wants what the heart wants

Kaarosu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.liquiddeath.com
XP
Country
United States
Did some more translating/localizing so a v3 should come out some time tomorrow. And Osha as for you question it changes the Game ID cause we're changing the files in the game. (The Game ID is a CRC if i remember correctly) so that's why. I'll start posting the new game ids for the patches as they come out as well if it'll help.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about one thing. Why does your translation change the game ID ?
Asking again, I'm really curious about this.

Project Pokemon's patch has a modified arm9. The edit was to change the large numbers to smaller ones. my personal patch as the same edit and it has the same ID as PP's patch. I guess the 4byte code after the game code is like a checksum of the arm9 or something. so that different version of the same game v00, v01, v02, etc have different cheat list because it most likely that codes will not work on newer builds of the same game. i remember back in GBA days there were codes listed for FR/LG v0 and FR/LG v1. but since this is just edits to a few values and not a complete recompile of the arm9 the codes should work for both versions.

eli2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem with that translation is that it seems to change the game ID, so it breaks the compatibility with YSMenu.
Same thing happened to the original Black and White, the following guide should help you. [guide edited to be relevant to Black 2 and White 2]

"OK Here's how I got it to work in YSMENU.
1. I used enDrypt to find the true game ID of the translated version of Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 by running the program with all it's files (the two eNDrypt files and Patch engine) in the same directory as the rom. I pressed 1 to encrypt and then did it again to decrypt so that the rom would have it's True game ID

2. I used ttdt.exe to open extinfo and infolib to find the true game ID for the Clean Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

3. I replaced the game ID of the Clean Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 with the True game ID of the Translated Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 inside both the extinfo and infolib files found in your ttmenu folder.

Here's what you need to do to play Translated Black/White.

1. Place your translated rom inside the eNDrypts folder and run it as Administrator. Press 1, wait for it to finish encrypting, press any key, then press 1 again.

2. Place the TTmenu folder inside you MicroSD card's root. I.E. the first thing you see when you navigate your Micro SD card. It should overwrite files. If it doesn't, you are doing something wrong or don't have DSTT or YSMENU.

3. Run the translated rom the same way you would the untranslated rom.

The untranslated file will most likely not work until you switch back your files."

Good luck :)

Hi, sorry I don't understand how to find the translated game ID from the enDrypt (I got eNDryptS Advanced from the YSMenu extras). I encrypt and decrypt like you say but I don't know where the ID is.

On the "ttdt b4.exe" I'm getting this opening extinfo and infolib (image below) and don't know can I find the clean B&W2 game id there.

ttdtexample.jpg

This are probably pretty newb questions but I'd be very happy if you could hold my hand a bit through it. Sorry for bothering and thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...